AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.82 average.
Old 18th November, 2006, 06:02 AM

"we"re all bozos on this bus", "temporarily Humbolt County" saw them on
PBS last May. they did the skit about driving. laughed till my sides hurt.

Ron

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th November, 2006, 12:19 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Sometimes... maybe. In reply to chrisbard.
Old 19th November, 2006, 12:24 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabaerman
"we"re all bozos on this bus", "temporarily Humbolt County" saw them on
PBS last May. they did the skit about driving. laughed till my sides hurt.

Ron
Was that the driving bit that mentioned ~"shadow valley condoms?"
I saw them once on PBS some years ago. It was nice to see what they looked like, even though they were much older. I found that seeing them on tv really took away the magic of simply hearing them.
Old 19th November, 2006, 05:44 AM

very much enjoyed gathering around the turntable to hear them. we did
get them on the radio once in a great while. yes, I believe it was, and they
seemed to leave out or, at least, avoid any reference to 'condoms'. the
fact that their earlier works were unscripted and unrecorder leaves a gap
in their history.

Ron

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th November, 2006, 06:54 AM

Geez, this thread is still open. Does that mean there are still unclaimed AOA case badges?
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 19th November, 2006, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
The Civil Rights marches of the early 60's were no joke. Southern police just loved to swing their batons into the marcher's heads. A good time was not had by all. We might have to do it all over again. Next time, it will be all of us.
In a more light-hearted vein, it's absolutely true that our sumptuous AOA Forums case badges are FREE to our Members.
Not just civil rights -- how about the Ohio National Guard at Kent State, not just batons either. Those days were happening during my freshman year and it was impossible for me to focus on classes. Cambodia seemed too real. My major was in serious jeopardy by the end of that year.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 20th November, 2006 at 04:43 AM.
Old 19th November, 2006, 07:06 AM

Quote:
It was a broad bricht moonlit nicht. If you can say this properly, you supposedly have Scottish blood in ye. We're not prejudiced, send me or dod a Private Message, you'll receive your free AOA Forums case badge no matter what your heritage!
I can say it and I probably do have scottish blood in me somewhere, but your pitches are absolutely priceless.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 19th November, 2006, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Home, home on the strange. Firesign Theater anyone? Those guys were great,
I'll hazard that their material is just as funny today. Unless you're hopelessly un-hip. What is hip? tell me, tell me if you think you know. Tower of Power, I'm sure their old songs are just as good nowadays. Help, I'm stuck in the way-back machine!
Don't ask me, we're all bozos on this bus!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 19th November, 2006, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorS
Not just civil rights -- how about the Ohio National Guard at Kent State, not just batons either. Those days were happening during my freshman year and it was impossible for me to focus on classes. Cambodia seemed to real. My major was in serious jeopardy by the end of that year.
I'm sure many of the others that were against Tricky Dick & Vietnam were having the same problem. Too bad the students today are too busy playing with their cells & WiFis to bother opposing the Bu$hCo wars.

That's why the Repigs never put enough troops in, yet are against a draft - their wars wouldn't last very long if they did.
Old 20th November, 2006, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec61
I'm sure many of the others that were against Tricky Dick & Vietnam were having the same problem. Too bad the students today are too busy playing with their cells & WiFis to bother opposing the Bu$hCo wars.

That's why the Repigs never put enough troops in, yet are against a draft - their wars wouldn't last very long if they did.
The Repubs are pro-business to the extreme, Sec-State went just-in-time min-inventory on their latest effort and the current status speaks for itself. 2004 demonstrated perfectly the mentality of the typical citizen. Hallelujah 11/7 -- just hope they don't blow it!!! (I'm thinking the Red/Blue divide is going to last a LONG time.)

Still, if AOA case badges are available, you know there's hope.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 20th November, 2006 at 05:07 AM.
Old 21st November, 2006, 09:24 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Geez, this thread is still open. Does that mean there are still unclaimed AOA case badges?
Yes, we have AOA case badges aplenty. Just send me a Private Message(or send a PM to dod if you live in the UK) it's that easy!
Old 21st November, 2006, 09:28 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Not just civil rights -- how about the Ohio National Guard at Kent State, not just batons either. Those days were happening during my freshman year and it was impossible for me to focus on classes. Cambodia seemed too real. My major was in serious jeopardy by the end of that year.
Oh yeah, those were interesting times. I was bumbling along in a smoke filled haze and never thought I'd be crazy enough to volunteer for 'Nam a couple of years later. Crazy was the right word.
Old 22nd November, 2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, we have AOA case badges aplenty. Just send me a Private Message(or send a PM to dod if you live in the UK) it's that easy!
If I had Ft. Detrick, MD send you an anthrax letter, would that get me some case badges?

Whoops - I forgot! That's used only if I want to stifle a few Senators that might be on my trail...
Old 22nd November, 2006, 06:42 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Dang Aztec, let's not go overboard. Didn't I send you your AOA case badge promptly? I think I did. Please let me know if I didn't! We DON'T need no stinkin' powders in this neighborhood.
Old 22nd November, 2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, those were interesting times. I was bumbling along in a smoke filled haze and never thought I'd be crazy enough to volunteer for 'Nam a couple of years later. Crazy was the right word.
Wow! Hats off big time! I wimped out by playing the S-II->A-1 gambit amid the lottery draws. Real glad you came back safe !
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 23rd November, 2006, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Dang Aztec, let's not go overboard. Didn't I send you your AOA case badge promptly? I think I did. Please let me know if I didn't! We DON'T need no stinkin' powders in this neighborhood.
LOL!

Jeez...can't have NO fun 'round heah...
Old 23rd November, 2006, 03:12 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Wow! Hats off big time! I wimped out by playing the S-II->A-1 gambit amid the lottery draws. Real glad you came back safe !
Thanks, I'm glad I came back in one piece, too. My lottery number came up, why not volunteer I said to myself. A week after I got there I realised that getting home intact was more of a challenge than I should have taken on. Dumb! I think Iraq is worse, it seems so anyway. I really feel for our soldiers there, I want them home ASAP. We're abusing them, they deserve much better treatment. The subhumans that are making big money from this war should go there and fight it themselves. So many chickenhawks, so many crimes, so little justice. Fighting 101st Keyboarders, I wish they'd shut up.

AOA case badges, get your AOA case badges here!
Old 23rd November, 2006, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I'm glad I came back in one piece, too. My lottery number came up, why not volunteer I said to myself. A week after I got there I realised that getting home intact was more of a challenge than I should have taken on. Dumb! I think Iraq is worse, it seems so anyway. I really feel for our soldiers there, I want them home ASAP. We're abusing them, they deserve much better treatment. The subhumans that are making big money from this war should go there and fight it themselves. So many chickenhawks, so many crimes, so little justice. Fighting 101st Keyboarders, I wish they'd shut up.

AOA case badges, get your AOA case badges here!
I hear you. Iraq is especially nasty due to those damned IED's. Chances of being permanently maimed are way higher than any previous conflict. Add to that what the multi-national holy gangsters are deliberately doing to innocent citizens. It's an absolute horror and entirely at the door of the current administration. And as you say, who is profiting on it? The usual suspects! (Speaking of which, any juicy contracts available?) There really are no words!

However, as pointed out by a traveling bumper sticker -- "At least the war on the middle class is going well!". Our fearless leader can still be proud of his record!

All I can say is "Yay for AOA case badges" -- really great items!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 23rd November, 2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 25th November, 2006, 01:19 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
I hear you. Iraq is especially nasty due to those damned IED's. Chances of being permanently maimed are way higher than any previous conflict. Add to that what the multi-national holy gangsters are deliberately doing to innocent citizens. It's an absolute horror and entirely at the door of the current administration. And as you say, who is profiting on it? The usual suspects! (Speaking of which, any juicy contracts available?) There really are no words!

However, as pointed out by a traveling bumper sticker -- "At least the war on the middle class is going well!". Our fearless leader can still be proud of his record!

All I can say is "Yay for AOA case badges" -- really great items!
I think you received your stupendously marvelous free AOA case badge allotment. If not, please PM me post haste!

Last edited by cloasters; 25th November, 2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 25th November, 2006, 04:25 AM

Quote:
The subhumans that are making big money from this war should go there and fight it themselves. So many chickenhawks, so many crimes, so little justice. Fighting 101st Keyboarders, I wish they'd shut up.
The AWOLer-in-Chief and his ass-monkey, Draft Dodgin' Dick (he got FIVE deferments). It's no wonder the only thing he can hit with a bullet is his huntin' buddies.

"Bk..Bk...Bk..BkAAAWK!!"
Attached Thumbnails
Free AOA Case Badges!-bush_chickenhawk_hunk.jpg   Free AOA Case Badges!-chickenhawk_in_chief.jpg   Free AOA Case Badges!-1stchickenhawkdiv.jpg   Free AOA Case Badges!-cheney_victory.jpg   Free AOA Case Badges!-rummy_unclesam.jpg  

Last edited by aztec61; 25th November, 2006 at 04:28 AM.

« New cooler | - »