AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th June, 2003, 02:44 PM

NF7-S Rev2 + Sata raid & TV Card problem

Hi all
Just got hold of 2 36GB WD raptor sata drives . I set up windows XP pro using the 28 sata driver set with the drives in raid 0 . I have been using the 14 beta bios without a hitch .
The problem is that any hard drive activity ( installing a game defrag etc ... ) if I am using my TV card I get lots of horizontal lines on the picture . I have tried various settings in the BIOS and swapping the PCI slots used ,but nothing makes a difference .
If there is any hard drive activity on my 120 GB drive on the IDE connector the problem does not occour , it only happens on the sata raid drive.
If anyone can shed some light on this it would be of a great help
Cheers
Old 19th June, 2003, 03:15 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

I had a similar setup..
nf7s v2, maxt w/ adaptor on sata, and a leadtek TVtuner. I did not get your kind of problems tho... In my case, if there was too much hdd activity the recording would stop.

I finally gave up and moved the TV tuner to my wife's machine... 8k3a running on raid channels, and for the last few days no problems.

If the picture is degrading, it may be that the controller's drivers are using too many CPU cycles, and as a result, the encoding/compressing in real time does not get enough CPU cycles to record a good picture. Next time you see this happening, open task manager and see what is using the CPU cycles.
Old 19th June, 2003, 04:09 PM

CPU activity is not too high . When I defrag the drive it goes between 5-10% sometimes it will go higher but not much .
The lines are there when I just watch TV and try to do anything with the raid setup ( moving files , game installs etc ... ) I am hoping somebody else is running sata raid with a TV card so they can let me know if they have had the same thing or if they fixed it .
Thanks for the reply