AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th September, 2003, 12:18 PM

ICS94228 anyone know how to unlock dividers ?

Hi
I don't have epox mainboard but I read many threads here about dividers on 8KHA+ , many people post that it doesn;t matter if chipset support it or not, only PLL is important, so it's not true, i have soltek drv4 with this PLL and doesn't have 1/5 1/6 dividers, when set 166/33 by CPU COOL system hang up, default setting by bios set 1/4 , i wrote i letter to manufacturer but I can't wait to know the true ! I see here are sitting many maniacks of overclocking and epox enginer ;] so I only want answer what thing are blocking dividers ? Is that only BIOS or maybye this is physical. If this is blocked by BIOS maybye you know which register answers for this, please help.
Heh and sorry for my english i'm from Poland ;P that is why i buy old mainboard cheap ( no money here ;((( ) HELP good people !
Old 10th September, 2003, 04:42 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

I moved the post to a more appropriate place, as you're not requesting help about an EPoX motherboard.
Old 10th September, 2003, 04:48 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

There are two things that are required for a divider to work.

1) The PLL can generate the required frequencies.
2) The chipset can operate at the desired ratio.

In your case, the PLL chip itself can generate 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 and 1/6 frequencies. Without knowing what chipset your motherboard has, it's difficult to know if the chipset supports these frequencies.

There's also the possibility that your chipset can't cope with 166MHz FSB, which is why your machine locks up when you try to use this setting! You might find that trying 140MHz FSB might work better, as long as your AGP and PCI devices don't mind going somewhat faster than normal.
Old 10th September, 2003, 05:01 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Soltek DRV4, according to their website

● VIA P4X266E+ VT8233A chipset
● FSB 533/400 MHz
● Supports DDR 266 SDRAM
● Supports Ultra ATA 133/100/66
Old 10th September, 2003, 08:29 PM

i'm sorry and thank you for reply, you're right there are two drv4, i have 75-drv4 for AMD procesors, chipset kt226a , and pll 94228, these 2 items are the same for 8KHA+, i read that epox board have 1/5 and 1/6 and i don't know why i don't, PLL have nothing to say...when i set 166 in bios it's still 1/4, i compared bios from epox and soltek and there are little diference in registers but WPCREDIT doesn't know this options and it's write reserved, so i only want to know, if this is only bios fault or maybye this is blocked physically ? I'm sure epox enginer know that ! so i place this in their forum sorry again if I can't and still PLEASE HELP !