AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th January, 2002, 02:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to wyrlwyn

no boot up after shutdown

ok, i fixed the burnt out problem, i just got a new cpu. now when ever i try to turn the computer on, it freezes after the c: in the boot sequence. i have to restart, in safe mode, then restart again. whats the deal, is it a problem with the mobo? the hard drives are both new, and it happens with any other one i try to use. i can shut down, and as long as i turn it right back on, it boots fine, but if i wait for more then half and hour or more, it freezes in the middle of loading windows 98 se. i have the smae copy of windows on a nother computer, and that boots fine. as i said, i resently frryed the cpu, and the new one works fine(i think), so, whats up with it???
Old 4th January, 2002, 11:12 PM

A few thinkg you have to let us know.

Is it over-clocked.

1 or 2 stick's of ram.

V/C setting,s.

Power supply w/ specs.

etc.
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th January, 2002, 05:51 AM

its an asus a7v133c mobo, with an atlon (ASHHA, never seen them), class c, at fsb 133 and multiplier of 7.5 = about 1000. psu is an antec 340watt, from overclock.co.uk, as well as the blue server tower. i haven't changed anything in the voltage. i have a stick of micron 256 pc133 in the closest slot to the socket(slot 3). i have a visiontek geforce3 ti 500, hercules game theater, generic 56k modem(i know i know) 2 western digital 7200rpm 20gig hard drives, a standard floppy drive, an aopen 12x dvd drive, and an hp 9700k cdrw drive.
it works fine when i restart, or shut down for a few minutes to put something in, but once i let it sit i have to restart in safe mode, then restart again. its no big deal right now, but i had windows xp on this rig, and once it happened, it wouldn't load again at all, no matter how many times i restarted, not even a loading screen!
i'm ok with windows 98(most compatability with everything i have) and it runs games fine, but i have a feeling one of these days i'm gona turn it on and it will never load it again.
i did burn an athlon in it before, and this is the only cpu i've tested it with, but i don't think the cpu is the problem.
Old 12th January, 2002, 08:39 PM

just a thought,have you run system file checker to see if the burnt cpu fried any files?
2x Maxtor 80 gig DM9's SI raid0
2x Maxtor 60 gig DM9's Acard raid0
sk7 with 80 mm sunon
win 2000 pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th January, 2002, 04:20 AM

i did a couple of times, before when i had bad ram and now, before files were corrupted, now there fine. nothing is wrong with the comp, 103 fps in quake 3 arena, great dvd playback, just that when i turn the computer on sometimes it doesn't boot the cd drive or the hard drive. on rare occasions it doesn't boot the geforce, but i tun it off and on again and it works fine.
Old 13th January, 2002, 05:05 AM

go into dos and type scanreg/fix see if that helps ,if not try scan reg/restore

just guessing here

fer 47 years ive been seeking a balance in life
and I’ve been from one end to the other
i may be getting close