AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home


Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 4th January, 2004, 03:05 AM
Staz's Avatar
Member/Contributer
 
Join Date: June 2002
Location: Lafayette LA
Posts: 3,241
Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

Whatever

Chill out and take a compliment, OK?

I know you weren't correcting me. I was backing you up. And I also understand that with just the CPU your freezer can handle the load and then some, but with the video card plus pelt it uses the ice as a reserve capacity.

I am not worried about your set up or giving you advice. I am asking questions because when I saw your system the simplicity of design over al those window shaker A/C water chillers set ups struck me as genuis.

I had planned on building a water chiller set up with a window A/C but now that I have seen your set up I am going to go with a freezer. Be flattered.
__________________
How come whenever I have a 50/50 chance I'm wrong 80% of the time?

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 4th January, 2004, 03:29 AM
whatever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: moon
Posts: 1,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staz
Whatever

Chill out and take a compliment, OK?

I know you weren't correcting me. I was backing you up. And I also understand that with just the CPU your freezer can handle the load and then some, but with the video card plus pelt it uses the ice as a reserve capacity.

yeah, but MercutioUK just doesn't get it... after all this repetitive messages, he still doesnt' get it, because he didnt' read it carefully. I don't think he even actually read my messages. I said the same thing 3 times(or 4 times) and he responded as if he didn't even read my messages. it's either sloppy reading or something. A person would get "tired" when people don't read my messages, why?, because I have to repeat what I said over and over and over. that would piss me off wouldn't it.. oh yes it would..

but.... no, I wasn't upset or anything toward you. I think you took it badly.. it's just that word "Guys" made it confused.. which I understand... I don't blame ya.

Quote:
I am not worried about your set up or giving you advice. I am asking questions because when I saw your system the simplicity of design over al those window shaker A/C water chillers set ups struck me as genuis.

When I said "Guys" in my previous post, I wasn't refering to you. Sorry if that made you a little upset.. I said "Guys" because there are more than one new overclockers out there who don't understand my cooling concept. That word "Guys" wasnt' refering to you. You are excluded. You know why?.. from what i've been reading your replies, I don't see you were/are trying to correct me or picking on me. You did none although you gave no compliments saying something like "Nice job..", or "impressive", or "nice pics " or something similar.. but.. I don't give a damn... I'm not asking you for this.. I don't expect to hear it, so I have no problem with that. I thank you though.. for your kind words. I appreciate your words.. I understood where you were
coming from and I still do. What I could've done was saying something like "Guys(except Staz), blah blah blah.." That wouldn't be right for me to say it too... don't ya think... that would not be appropriate either... that's why I said "Guys".
__________________
sig
HTPC
Conroe E6600 + stock cooler @ 3.2ghz
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 4th January, 2004 at 04:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 4th January, 2004, 09:46 PM
MercutioUK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: October 2002
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 170

Whatever, before you go around trying to put people in their place and saying your posts arent being read try reading what I typed that YOU actually quoted from when slating me:

Quote you used (with parenthesis)

"I was working under the assumtion that the freezer could cool quicker than processor (note: ) AND CARD could heat."


Now get off your high horse, take a compliment on a job well done and that someone was interested enough to ensure they had your setup worked out and stop slapping yourself on the back QUITE so hard

Im not looking for broadswords on this and I know your not looking for help, more showing off what you have so big-headedness is allowed. Just chill out a little... I understand completely that one loop wont tax the freezer hence why in the pics is half ice. It takes both to pull the temperature up. I had the moment the penny dropped as I was typing so didnt think the wording of my post through.

I was only asking about placement of the loops as to whether it made any difference, not to correct or offer guidance on something I know nothing about.

From memory now im the second person that has had to explain themselves when you were too busy ripping strips off them to take the gist of the post rather than exactly what was said.
__________________
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties,
It's not big, and it's not clever.

Last edited by MercutioUK; 4th January, 2004 at 10:01 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 01:31 AM
whatever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: moon
Posts: 1,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercutioUK
Whatever, before you go around trying to put people in their place and saying your posts arent being read try reading what I typed that YOU actually quoted from when slating me:

Quote you used (with parenthesis)

"I was working under the assumtion that the freezer could cool quicker than processor (note: ) AND CARD could heat."

[/b]you were under the assumption? instead of carefully reading what I said you just make assumption? You seem to make assumption without reading all the messages. I keep getting wrong response from you. The longer we go on, the more you misunderstand.


Quote:
Now get off your high horse, take a compliment on a job well done and that someone was interested enough to ensure they had your setup worked out and stop slapping yourself on the back QUITE so hard
NOW you say compliment? what happened back then? not that I'm asking for compliment but it's just funny now you say this. Not a very good way of giving compliments though. See what I'm saying.


Quote:
I understand completely that one loop wont tax the freezer hence why in the pics is half ice. It takes both to pull the temperature up. I had the moment the penny dropped as I was typing so didnt think the wording of my post through.

What do you understand?.. you don't understand it, otherwise why would I get this? look below..

"NOW I getcha whatever... the freezer cant cool quicker than the processor at full load can heat so you need the ice to hold the temp lower, longer. On a smaller setup you'd be back to liquid in an hour or so and the cooling would be gone I was working under the assumtion that the freezer could cool quicker than processor and card could heat - I guess thats where nitro and dry-ice cooling step in "

and you understand it?.. no you don't..


and you say it would need dry-ice to cool it? what??.. why would I need dry ice to do this when my setup can handle it just fine? You were making assumption that my freezer is able to handle the load but you were seem to be interpreting/assuming that my freezer can't handle it so I would need dry-ice and nitro b.s. would need to step in. That's what YOU said. Do you see what you are saying here? I see exactly what you are saying.. which is NOT correct. besides.. dry-ice cooling is not a wise idea. How do you expect to run the cooling system for long period of time with the dry ice? Read carefully what I said. You now got even confused with yoru own words. I see it very clearly.


you said you understand it? then also why did I get this response? read below.

"Just to make sure i got this: you cant run this setup 24/7? The system has to have a rest for the freezer to do its thing again?"



Quote:
[b]From memory now im the second person that has had to explain themselves when you were too busy ripping strips off them to take the gist of the post rather than exactly what was said.
you are starting for flaming. I suggest you stop where you are at.
__________________
sig
HTPC
Conroe E6600 + stock cooler @ 3.2ghz
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 5th January, 2004 at 01:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 01:36 AM
MercutioUK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: October 2002
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 170

*sigh*
Ill let it die...
__________________
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties,
It's not big, and it's not clever.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 01:39 AM
whatever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: moon
Posts: 1,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercutioUK
*sigh*
Ill let it die...
read carefully instead of saying it let it die. You haven't even read the message. I'm the one was gonna say you stop where you are at. Look who's the one misunderstood the whole thing all this time. I suggest you read my previous post where I pointed out your mistake in understanding this.


Oh here is another.. that you made wrong assumption, again >

"I understand completely that one loop wont tax the freezer hence why in the pics is half ice. It takes both to pull the temperature up. I had the moment the penny dropped as I was typing so didnt think the wording of my post through."


Didnt' I say it's not at half full ice and it's more than that? I said it before.. and you skipped reading that too! why I say this?.. look at your own reply right above. Even after I said it, you completely ignored it, or didn't read it, no wonder why you say my ice is half full and that is what i need for one loop of cooling. Now, WHEN did I say that??? ALL this is your assumption. You make the assumption without reading what the hell I have been saying. I responded to your replies accordingly and accurately. YOU are the one mis-read it, or ignored it, THAT'S why I'm saying you are mis-understanding the whole thing.
__________________
sig
HTPC
Conroe E6600 + stock cooler @ 3.2ghz
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 5th January, 2004 at 01:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 01:50 AM
MercutioUK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: October 2002
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 170

Whatever, if you can't let it drop then I sent private message.. lets sort it out there rather than the equiv of a shouting match?
__________________
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties,
It's not big, and it's not clever.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 01:58 AM
whatever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: moon
Posts: 1,132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercutioUK
Whatever, if you can't let it drop then I sent private message.. lets sort it out there rather than the equiv of a shouting match?
I edited the message for more clarity. Read my message before yours.

Nope.. i wouldn't want to PM you. what good is it. It is the viewer/reader in this forum will get in the wrong conclusion because of you. Things will be more confused for the readers if I don't state and point out the mis-information so there is no mistake in this whole thing. See what I'm saying?


Read what the hell I have been saying carefully and think about it. Let the other viewers correctly get the info. It's been all messed up because of you. After done reading, think about it and I suggest you drop it. I'm not the one in position to drop, not until I get this facts straightened out.


Read about the "half full" part in the earlier messages. I need to point that out as well since you continously mis-read my messages. I figured you probably skipped reading the last two of my messages anyway so I'm saying it again. If I say it's not half full and it is near full, it is so. That is it, just take the fact and accept it instead of going on your own way and continously making wrong assumptions. R E A D.
__________________
sig
HTPC
Conroe E6600 + stock cooler @ 3.2ghz
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 5th January, 2004 at 02:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 02:11 AM
MercutioUK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: October 2002
Location: Sheffield, UK
Posts: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
I edited the message for more clarity. Read my message before yours.

Nope.. i wouldn't want to PM you. what good is it. It is the viewer/reader in this forum will get in the wrong conclusion because of you. Things will be more confused for the readers if I don't state and point out the mis-information so there is no mistake in this whole thing. See what I'm saying?


Read what the hell I have been saying carefully and think about it. Let the other viewers correctly get the info. It's been all messed up because of you. After done reading, think about it and I suggest you drop it. I'm not the one in position to drop, not until I get this facts straightened out.


Read about the "half full" part in the earlier messages. I need to point that out as well since you continously mis-read my messages. I figured you probably skipped reading the last two of my messages anyway so I'm saying it again. If I say it's not half full and it is near full, it is so. That is it, just take the fact and accept it instead of going on your own way and continously making wrong assumptions. R E A D.
Enough, i've explained all im gonna and this is way outta hand. If you want to talk about it the pm is in your inbox. Your tone is derrogatory without reason, I asked questions and tried to explain my understanding under a fair barrage of abuse. As your now to a point of simply looking for ammo for further attacks you'll find no more replies from me.
__________________
Never buy a dwarf with learning difficulties,
It's not big, and it's not clever.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 5th January, 2004, 02:28 AM
whatever's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: moon
Posts: 1,132

Then read carefully next time.

Read the person's message instead of making your own assumption and continously going your own way. What are the messages for, to read and understand, they are not there to fill up space, but to get you to understand.



Here is the review:


- Get the facts straight. I do not want other viewers(every readers in this internet forum) to get a wrong idea of how the setup works in general and specifically how my cooling system works.


- In order to get the facts straight to prevent from mis-understanding, what do we do.. yes... R E A D carefully instead of MAKING assumptions. Read the message, then you don't have to worry about making assumptions. The message contains information, not the assumption, because assumption can often lead to mis-information.



These two are the most important things than anything else. This is very important. This is not a piss fight. What I am after is to get the facts straight. Very good read.
__________________
sig
HTPC
Conroe E6600 + stock cooler @ 3.2ghz
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 5th January, 2004 at 02:53 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon PowerShot SD900 Digital ELPH 10MP 3x Zoom Digital Camera for $327 shipped mookydooky Online Deals, and Steals 0 23rd June, 2007 01:50 AM
Digital Camera Toro Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. 9 14th February, 2006 01:11 AM
Which digital Camera? Lazgoat Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. 9 11th June, 2005 04:08 PM
Anyone here like Digital Camera? Spode Random Nonsense! 7 25th March, 2003 06:39 PM
Digital camera for a £100? loop Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals 0 23rd July, 2002 08:15 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums
Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0