AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th January, 2004, 12:51 PM

Abit KT7 RAID and Sound Blaster Problem

Hi there.

I'm having problems getting my SB Live to work with my KT7 RAID. The sound card has worked previously, but I had a problem that meant I removed the HighPoint drivers from the system, and I haven't been able to get them working together since. I can get either the RAID or the sound card to work fine, but the system crashes with both.

I've tried different slots, reflashed the BIOS, used fail safe BIOS settings, performance, and custom settings. I've assigned an IRQ to the SBLive and HP RAID in the BIOS, so there are no IRQ conflicts.

I have noticed that the default settings of each do have 2 I/O range conflicts, and have manually assigned values to these that don't generate conflicts, but to no avail. I've also disabled all other on board stuff and taken CDRW out of system to free up more resources.

If anyone can suggest anything I'd be very grateful, I've spent days trying to sort this and had no sucess.

Thanks,

Steve.

The system is

Abit KT7 RAID
BIOS A9 with 2.34 HighPoint BIOS
Duron 700
128 MB PC133
3DfX Banshee in PCI 1
Sound Blaster 5.1 Player in PCI 3
IBM 15GB 75GXP on HTP 370
Yamaha 8824 CDRW on VIA Disk Controller

Windows 98
HighPoint 2.34 drivers
VIA 4 in 1 4.43 (also tried 4.37a)
USB 1.10 Filter
PCI Latency Patch 0.19
Old 15th January, 2004, 01:04 PM

I think that even if you get this problem sorted out you will still have some porblems with the SB on this board. I run the Audigy 2 and while mostly stable it does have some problems. I have been living with it.
Are you booting from the raid with only 1 drive? Try it on a regular IDE. Try a AGP video card.
Also consder more ram and WinXP. It appears XP has native drivers for this board so work with them. I have heard that Turtle Beach audio cards work with this board.
Oh, check out Paul's FAQ if it is still up.
Old 15th January, 2004, 02:00 PM
Member/Contributer

Have you tried a format? I'm not saying you should, but I'm curious if you did. If you did, it could be a hardware problem. If you didn't it is likely a software problem.