AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd April, 2004, 05:39 PM

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.meliou/1.gif

And this is my CPU@2600Mhz and FSB@200

Remember I am not pushing my system that much, and this is all on air
2GB Corsair Dominator
2 x 500GB Hitachi
Creative LAbs X-FI
Logitech Z-5500
Antec P182 Special Edition

Last edited by mixx666; 2nd April, 2004 at 05:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd April, 2004, 06:02 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I have found that both of my 2500+ mobiles will hit 2.6 Ghz quite easily on air. Getting them over 2.6, however, seems to require an act of Congress. My water cooling has so far only bought me another 50 mhz at best over what I had with air cooling, and I had to really jack the voltage up to get that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd April, 2004, 02:54 PM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
I have found that both of my 2500+ mobiles will hit 2.6 Ghz quite easily on air. Getting them over 2.6, however, seems to require an act of Congress. My water cooling has so far only bought me another 50 mhz at best over what I had with air cooling, and I had to really jack the voltage up to get that.

LOL yes i know what your saying. my 2600 m can hit 2600 at 1.7v but if you take it up just 100mhz that 1.7v turns into 1.9v and its still not all that stable? i think if i had water cooling i could add some more voltage and stablize it? just seems odd that 2600mhz is rock stable at such a low v-core and just 100mhz more it becomes nearly impossible to stablize unless i use 2.?v and a promie! these things realy start pumping out the heat once they pass a certin point i think? oh well some day i will be a proud owner of a promie then i can run with the big dogs until then ill just have to be happy with what i got....

peace perc,
Old 3rd April, 2004, 06:26 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Sorry Perc, we don't permit graphics in our signatures that are not site related. Please read our forum rules.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 3rd April, 2004, 06:37 PM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Sorry Perc, we don't permit graphics in our signatures that are not site related. Please read our forum rules.

hmmmmm? i have read them i must of missunderstood anyways i see you removed it for me? sorry about that i didnt see any harm in it but i gues you guys have your reasons? i just thought i couldnt put things like links to other sites and crap like that in my sig? i see you left my 3dmark link so i take it that is allowed? anyways no harm ment just dint realize thats all...

peace perc,
Old 3rd April, 2004, 06:43 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Hi perc. Things are about to change! Once we get our new server up and running (dual Xeon 2.4, more ram and more through put bandwidth) we will be relaxing the regs on Graphic such as yours. Currently we only permit Folding home and AOA Files graphics
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 3rd April, 2004, 10:04 PM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Hi perc. Things are about to change! Once we get our new server up and running (dual Xeon 2.4, more ram and more through put bandwidth) we will be relaxing the regs on Graphic such as yours. Currently we only permit Folding home and AOA Files graphics
hey thats cool i understand totaly about not having enough space and all that. i hope the new server kicks major arse! anyways back to the topic at hand....

i just found out im the proud owner of a promie!! man i never had one of those its going to be an ocing fest over here when that thing comes in the mail! i suspect now that i got a good cooling system ill be seeing 2.9-3 gigs out of this 2600 molbile i got? ill finaly be able to feed it more then 1.9v so when i get the new promie ill post my results of the 2600 molbile...

later guys perc,
Old 4th April, 2004, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perc
hey thats cool i understand totaly about not having enough space and all that. i hope the new server kicks major arse! anyways back to the topic at hand....

i just found out im the proud owner of a promie!! man i never had one of those its going to be an ocing fest over here when that thing comes in the mail! i suspect now that i got a good cooling system ill be seeing 2.9-3 gigs out of this 2600 molbile i got? ill finaly be able to feed it more then 1.9v so when i get the new promie ill post my results of the 2600 molbile...

later guys perc,

Nice one perc, keep us informed bout what you get up to with the Promie.

I for one will hope that if I get the time tomorrow, then I hope to start pushing this thing to its limits.
2GB Corsair Dominator
2 x 500GB Hitachi
Creative LAbs X-FI
Logitech Z-5500
Old 4th April, 2004, 07:07 PM

Right my friend mixx666 has asked me to post some screenshots of his CPU younger brother.

So here u go....

pi fast
237x12 = 2850mhz
@ 2.2volts

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dresuk03/2850_super-pi.gif

Sucide screen shot
209x14 = 2934mhz
@ 2.15volts

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dresuk03/29xx.gif

Temps never went over 45C (thermal probe next to CPU)

My next test will be with some chilled water, increasing voltages is not really getting me much furthur, temp drop is what this baby needs to really fly

mong (hey perc tis me mongoled )
Old 4th April, 2004, 08:11 PM
perc

Quote:
mong (hey perc tis me mongoled )

hey man nice screenies whats been up? cant wait to get this promie! ill soon be seeing screenies like that. no more air for this kid! i have two bartons sitting here one 2500 desktop with a batch number of 0001 and this 2600 molbile and they both run 2600mhz one even does 2700mhz i can not wait to get them under a promie! man i have soooooooo much to learn its not even funny!

later perc,

Last edited by perc; 4th April, 2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 4th April, 2004, 10:15 PM

Hey perc,

Nice to see your back on the athlon xp trail again

Was the A64 xperience not as much fun? Im sure u gonna have tons of enjoyment with your phase change and xp chips, looking forward to your results. Maybe one day, some time in the distant future my xp chip will see 3.2ghz

mong
Old 5th April, 2004, 01:38 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresuk
Hey perc,

Was the A64 xperience not as much fun? Im sure u gonna have tons of enjoyment with your phase change and xp chips, looking forward to your results. Maybe one day, some time in the distant future my xp chip will see 3.2ghz

mong
no its alright man. i cant complain to much about the system realy. the main reason im going to go back to the barton rig is because its more fun to oc plus i can get just as much out of this barton rig as i can out of the 64 system probly even more now that i got this promie? ill probly just hang on to the 64 system and use it for a everyday system. maybe when the new 250 series mbs come out ill give it another try who knows? infact for the first few weeks ill be using the 64 system in the promie cause it comes with the 64/fx mounting kit but once i can afford the braton/xp mounting kit ill swich over to the barton rig. who knows maybe ill get the performance i wanted in the first place out of this 64 system who knows?? just have to wait and see? what i realy want to see is what i can get out of this 2600 molbile? the thing runs 2700mhz on air with only 1.9v. i am dying to get that pupy under the promie!! ok well for now ill just leave it at this. ill let you know how i make out later on in the week? ill probly need some help with this promie so ill be around...

later perc,
Old 5th April, 2004, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresuk
Hey perc,

mong

Knowing you dress you will most probably kill the cpu by accidently droping it on the floor or something stupid like that , before you start trying to get 3.2mhz out of it.

good luck you need it more than most
2GB Corsair Dominator
2 x 500GB Hitachi
Creative LAbs X-FI
Logitech Z-5500
Old 7th April, 2004, 05:02 AM

My 2600-M does 2500mhz @ 1.7v and 2580 @ 1.75v

http://s89647892.onlinehome.us/toastie_gplracer.gif
512mb Corsair 3500c2
Geforce 5900 @ 451/962
Western Digital 74gb Raptor
Klipsch Pro Media Speakers
Lite On CDRW
Pioneer DVD Writer
Old 7th April, 2004, 07:16 AM
Member/Contributer

thats a cool picture of a leet box!

i got my 5900 up higher than that :P

i flashed the bios of a 5950 onto it, so the Vcore is up and then started to bump it up. I can get it to run without ANY artifacts at 1.02gighz memory and 492mhz core, temps under load of 45-47 because of my thermaltake giant III :P I look forward to my new board, hopefully i can adjust my power on my video card then*crosses fingers*

also I'll be gettin my mobile athlon 2600+ this weekend on my thermalright alx-800, I'll let yall know how far I can take it
Old 13th April, 2004, 02:19 AM

OK here is my 3dmark2001 score http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7747853
I can still pushhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.meliou/2.JPG it a little more so will be doing that soon
2GB Corsair Dominator
2 x 500GB Hitachi
Creative LAbs X-FI
Logitech Z-5500

Last edited by mixx666; 14th April, 2004 at 12:34 AM.
Old 23rd April, 2004, 07:43 AM
Member/Contributer

Here looks like a good place to repost what i've scattered else where in response to other posts. I got my 2600. Over bussed it to about 213x11, it doesn't like higher multis or higher fsb. Currently I'm attributing it to the ram, but people here are giving me mixed reactions on that one! I figure since I'm very new at this they are right! I wanna get dual channel mem anyways, so maybe that and the faster ram might help. I'm going to try laxing my mem settings a LOT just to see if it CAN go faster. I hope to match your guys 2600's! thats mighty impressive! how are they doing now that its a week or so later?
Old 24th April, 2004, 02:41 AM
perc

hey guys just wanted to report i recieved my mach1 the other day and as expected im having crap luck trying to oc this amd 64 3200 system? i have just about had it with this system and am thinking about selling it off and stuffing the 2600 xp-m under the promie? going to order the xp/barton mounting kit this weekend so stay tuned while perc turns his already nice oc of 2700mhz (on air) into 3 gigs (phase change ) ok guys ill keep you posted on my progress.....

peace perc,