AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th May, 2004, 09:19 AM

32bit Barton & GF3 ti200: Back from the dead LOL

okie okie.. i got bored.. so I took my old *dud* GF3 ti200 card and put it in my Barton setup. If it wasn't for the damn money(my pump #2 broke) I would've gotten this score a long time ago.

Finally broke the 14k barrier in 3Dmark 2001.

at only 2.65ghz with my icy frozen GF3 ti200 card, 3dmark score = 14,105.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7845172

I'm 2nd place in the 32bit Barton & GF3 ti200 class in the entire database. Spliffs takes the Golden trophy and me Silver.
Attached Thumbnails
32bit Barton & GF3 ti200: Back from the dead LOL-14105-3dmark.png  
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 20th May, 2004 at 09:29 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th May, 2004, 05:45 PM
EPoX Tech

Very well done indeed!!!

That is a wicked benchy indeed for an older card. Many folks strive for 10,000 because their overclocks are slightly less imaginative!

I'm in the process of watercooling X800Pro - your guess is as good as mine for what that will do!!!
Old 20th May, 2004, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPoX Tech
Very well done indeed!!!

That is a wicked benchy indeed for an older card. Many folks strive for 10,000 because their overclocks are slightly less imaginative!

I'm in the process of watercooling X800Pro - your guess is as good as mine for what that will do!!!
hey thanks a lot.. I feel great breaking 14k. what a relief..

Sure will! that x800pro watercooled would give you some real good boost.. I wish i could get me one of those.. im broke.

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th May, 2004, 07:42 PM
Member/Contributer

If I get my good job Ill be gettin a 6800 prolly, I wonder if they'll have a block for it by then, we should bet on who puts out the first block! I'd wager on Dangerden, maybe Dtek. Pity this comes after I just now put the maze4 on my 5950 *eye roll*. Oh well maybe I should just sit tight with what I have. But then again its that mindset that would have kept this whole webpage/forum from even starting ^.^
Old 20th May, 2004, 11:07 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Very well done indeed!!!

Hmmm...so seeing as you have no need for that poor old abused R9800 Pro of yours ET how about donating it to a not so daring OC'er?

Great scores whatever! How come it came back from the dead?

When are we going to see 15K+ 3D Mark 03 with the X800Pro??

Laz.

AOA Team fah

Last edited by Lazgoat; 20th May, 2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 21st May, 2004, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgoat
Great scores whatever! How come it came back from the dead?
Laz.
Thanx.. Laz. well what I meant is that there has been no activity going on with my GF3 ti200 card 3dmark projects lately.. the card has been sitting and doing nothing.. coz my R9800pro is my primary card for gaming now..

This project was very hard though, because my GF3 ti200 card has been injured.. it had been abused, dropped, froze, overheated i.e. pelt caused it to melt my hoses and did partially cook my GPU due to my mistake in the past... Since then the card lost its stability and could hardly overclock. 220mhz Core is best it could do air, and very low memory clocks. It was virtually un-usable for benching, so I had to use my 226w pelt + subzero waterchill to freeze the sucker and got me upto 300mhz Core and 610mhz memory. Even though the card is completely protected with special sealant and grease, the backside of the GPU was collecting ICE. Almost a quarter inch thick. No volt modding to the card, plain freezing. The card is about 3 years old.

That card is a dud card when I first got it. It can't even handle 70mhz AGP bus so I had to run it at default 66mhz AGP. Man if I had a nice GF3 ti200 card I could've run 99mhz AGP bus, over 320mhz core and 630mhz memory and I will be doing some *ownage* lol..

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 21st May, 2004 at 12:55 AM.
Old 21st May, 2004, 06:42 AM
EPoX Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgoat
Hmmm...so seeing as you have no need for that poor old abused R9800 Pro of yours ET how about donating it to a not so daring OC'er?

Laz.
It's not a very user friendly card any-more Laz - whilst running stable in its current set up, it is modified to suit the AGP bus of an alpha release board; i.e. the watercooled system I have that you've seen is running a card adapted to the bus - so it doesn't run in anything else now - the modifications I made to the 9800Pro are trace level and irreversible

Thinking of that - you want to see the 8RDA+ we had back yesterday!!! Where we put the sticker on the PCB to show the model number, someone had tried to cut the D out of 8RDA+ out with a craft knife to replace it with a stick on letter G. (Like that would amazingly give it an IGP ???? ) In the process they had servered 7 traces........... twice!!! Somehow I think that board may just have been outside of warranty.
Old 21st May, 2004, 10:40 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
It's not a very user friendly card any-more Laz - whilst running stable in its current set up, it is modified to suit the AGP bus of an alpha release board; i.e. the watercooled system I have that you've seen is running a card adapted to the bus - so it doesn't run in anything else now - the modifications I made to the 9800Pro are trace level and irreversible

Thinking of that - you want to see the 8RDA+ we had back yesterday!!! Where we put the sticker on the PCB to show the model number, someone had tried to cut the D out of 8RDA+ out with a craft knife to replace it with a stick on letter G. (Like that would amazingly give it an IGP ???? ) In the process they had servered 7 traces........... twice!!! Somehow I think that board may just have been outside of warranty.
I undertand ET, I was pulling your good leg! Further price drops are imminent!

Its amazing the lenghts to which people go to try and get RMA's.

Laz.

AOA Team fah