AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st October, 2004, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianBear
Thanx, im gonna try it right now and will edit this post asap. if anything else confuses me, im novice still
i tried you way it just wont rebot after exiting bios, after sutting off wit a power button post gave me this it dysplays... cpu showed up as 1100mhz athlon xp, mem freq is @ 100 mhz a warning " entr bios to change cpu speed. went to bios changed to back to 200 mhz again CPU external freq. 200x 11, mem freq i set it by spd? or by 100%? also which mem timings should i use optimal or aggressive?
Old 31st October, 2004, 06:53 AM

it crashed right after i clicked post reply lol , brought fsb to 199, resulting freq 198, runing stable cough so far
CRASHED, 196 fsbx11 runs pretty stable, i think its the mem stick, but couldnt it be the motherboard somehow?

Last edited by RussianBear; 31st October, 2004 at 08:10 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st October, 2004, 05:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

It could actually be the combination of the mobo and RAM. So mobos just don't like some brands of RAM. The fact that you weren't able to POST after setting the multi suggests that you have a multi-locked CPU (major ). I'm not familiar with your board, so I am really limited in what I can offer you in the way of advice. Someone else with a bit more knowledge should drop in, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st November, 2004, 05:51 PM

you know what im happy this is my first time OC a computer and i bought a 2500+ and when i boot in post it shows 3200+ im very happy, thanx everyone for support and a great forum. Im going to buy another CPU for a friend is there a way to know if its locked or unlocked? its most likely going to be another athlon amd