AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th August, 2004, 03:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Talking New Toy!

Guys id like to introduce you to my new AMD 2400 XP-M with IQYHA stepping. i get to have a mess with it tonight!
Attached Thumbnails
New Toy!-amdxp-m.jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th August, 2004, 03:13 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Don't just post that you HAVE it - we want to know what it will DO!
Old 13th August, 2004, 05:46 PM

Right installed and set it to its Default settings of 133mhz 13.5multi 1.45v, and its sitting fine at 31 degrees (it is quite warm today) im about 5 degrees above ambient. The weidest thing is that in sisoftsandra and my system info in wind xp, they both say "Unknown CPU Typ." is this normal? remember this is my first time with a mobile.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th August, 2004, 06:01 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

That's perfectly fine. This is their first time with a mobile as well.
Old 13th August, 2004, 06:25 PM

Right knocked the FSB up to 145 thus giving a speed of 1.97ghz, seem perfectly fine and sisoftsandra reports 32 degrees, right what program should i use to check stability? im not connected to the net so prime95 is out the window. i cant use sissoftsandras burn in because it stops because it says the core voltage is too low! so what can i use? Thanks.
Old 13th August, 2004, 06:46 PM

2.03Ghz
Old 13th August, 2004, 07:41 PM

2.1Ghz (155 x 13.5) 1.45v
35.5 degrees
Old 13th August, 2004, 08:22 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Memtest86 will find pretty much any memory stability problem. 'Course, if you don't have a connection to the 'net and you don't have it already, you're not gonna be able to do much.

The CPUBurn utilities like BurnK7 do a good job of abusing the CPU. 'Course, you have the same issues as above.
Old 13th August, 2004, 08:36 PM

No, ive got an broadband connection, so transfering datas not a problem. But ive got some problems....

whilst testing at 2.1ghz the computer went a tad unstable. and windows is doing its slow load up thing, which i saw before with my old processor. it looks like a fresh copy of win XP! cant believe it every thing seemed fine at 150 x 13.5 at 1.45v and every thing running at 35.5.
Old 13th August, 2004, 10:40 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

That's ok, Razor. Bear in mind that you are dealing with a mobile running at 1.45 volts, and you have just overlclocked to about the level of a 2800+ desktop chip, which is rated to run at 1.65v. Imagine where you'll be able to take that chip if you bump it to 1.65v!
Old 14th August, 2004, 09:27 AM
Member/Contributer

To make you happy, I had a 2600 mobile (not IQYHA) hit the wall HARD at 2.4Gighz wouldn't even post with anything resembling 2.4. Fried that chip, got a 2400 IQYHA, dropped water cooling on it and as you can see in my sig it goes places. I think its confirmed after 2500 it takes massive voltage per clock to get stable results. I think on better ram and a bit more voltage(my board maxes out at 2.0V and I dont think theres a voltmod) I could see 2.8(its hitting the wall hard at 2.8! wont post there) I've gotten this chip up at 4065 PR which is around 2.76GHz. I think on stock voltage this thing went up 2-300 mhz, I'm not sure I tested it, I just went with the rumors and jumped past 2.5 Given the good cooling I'm sure you'll be overly joyed with your chip, Good Luck!
Old 15th August, 2004, 04:03 PM

Right re-installed XP and every thing seems great again (why does it do that, every time it locks up, windows throws a fit and load time get unbelivably slow!) right instead of trying with a multi of 13.5 and a FSB of 133, i decided to start with a multi of 11 and a FSB of 166, making the chip run at 1.84 at 1.45volts. its at standard 2500 speeds. Right i think voltage is my problem, i want to just throw it to 1.65 and see what will happen from there! do you think this is wise? i have my Asetek waterchill running the chip at 32.5 at idle and no more than 35 stressed.
Old 15th August, 2004, 04:09 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

Wow, I have ran my 2400XP at 2.3GHz with no probs, and it is locked and has crappy stepping...humm, sounds like you need a new mobo..
I have heard of Folkes gettin 2.5 and 2.6 out of those suckers..

AOA Team fah
Old 15th August, 2004, 04:14 PM

I dont think its the mobo, PSU if anything. plus i dont think 400mhz is bad concidering i didnt change the core voltage and ive got a crap PSU!
Old 15th August, 2004, 04:21 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

you are right, 400MHz is great for AMD, but we had higher expectations..sorry..lol
But I only have my 2400 on a 350watt(generic)
Update: 9000Pro for the 2400 system, time to whoop out aquamark..lol..to see what it does against my GF4..

AOA Team fah
Old 15th August, 2004, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkerhead
Wow, I have ran my 2400XP at 2.3GHz with no probs, and it is locked and has crappy stepping...humm, sounds like you need a new mobo..
I have heard of Folkes gettin 2.5 and 2.6 out of those suckers..

I have an XP 2400-M FJQ4C that ran 24/7 at 2650 mHz (12.5 x 212 ). Unfortunately, my 8RDA+, which the chip was in, died of leaking and bulging capacitors ( second one in a month!! dagnabbit ), just this last week. So, the chip is going into a Soltek Ultra 400 board, and expect to see those speeds again.

Of course I was giving the little 35 watter more than 1.45 or 1.65 volts...
Old 15th August, 2004, 05:51 PM

Well i really want it to be 100% stable, so heres update: (not stopping here though)
TESTED AND 100% STABLE
2.04ghz at 35.5 degrees,
(182***)x11 @ 1.6v
and using sisoftsandra to burn the CPU from 20 runs the CPU hit 40 degrees and stopped about there, im pretty sure it gonna go a hell of a lot further!

*** = i came to this figure by just finding the closest combination to 2Ghz

AquaMark03 = 40,500 with the new processor so far!
Old 15th August, 2004, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serlv
I have an XP 2400-M FJQ4C that ran 24/7 at 2650 mHz (12.5 x 212 ). Unfortunately, my 8RDA+, which the chip was in, died of leaking and bulging capacitors ( second one in a month!! dagnabbit ), just this last week. So, the chip is going into a Soltek Ultra 400 board, and expect to see those speeds again.

Of course I was giving the little 35 watter more than 1.45 or 1.65 volts...
you put that chip in a DFI nf2 board and knock off whopping 300mhz clockspeed. Bammm... 2350mhz.
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 15th August, 2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 15th August, 2004, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
you put that chip in a DFI nf2 board and knock off whopping 300mhz clockspeed. Bammm... 2350mhz.
How come? bad board????
Old 15th August, 2004, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorfish
How come? bad board????
huh?

which chip? you quoted my post. but i think you're referring to his chip, no?

you mean he'll be able to get that with the voltages he is using right now? is that what you're saying...?

just a little unclear, here.