AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th September, 2004, 04:47 AM

asrock combo?

hi all!!
i would like to jump into the 64 bit world but like usual cant afford everything at once. i read about the asrock combo board at thier sight and was wondering if anybody knows anything about this board? it would seems to be a somewhat hoeky idia but it might just be the ticket for those wanting a "interm" board as in you can use a socket A proc untill you can afford a 64 bit one . i just dont understand if you get the adapter pci board with the origanal purchase of the motherboard or you have to buy it seperate and it also mentions the pci adapter for the 939 proc. will this work with the socket a board or do they have a 754 combo that you can goto a 939 ? heres the link.
http://www.asrock.com/news/K7Upgrade880.htm
any clues will help!
thanks!!
brian770
Old 13th September, 2004, 05:31 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via Yahoo to Staz

Read this

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00650/

What goes in a computer? Click me to find out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th September, 2004, 05:48 AM

i get it

hi all!!
i see that the board wont break any records for o/cing. but for a "daily user" rig to hold me over untill i get a "real board" it seem like it would be an ideal solution.i mean i dont even think asrock would promote this board as a end all solution for the 754. but more as a money saving transition to 64 bit computing. when i save up some more i can pick up a "real" 754 board swap procs, put the xp back in and have another folding rig.
thanks for the link !!
brian770