AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd February, 2002, 08:58 AM
Banned

Problem with unlocked Duron

She runs fine but when I set the bus speed to 133mhz (which is where it's at now) and pump extra voltage I get either nothing or a Bootblock Bios ROM Checksum error.

I know the multipliers work, but once I step out of the 1/3 divider realm into the 1/4 divider (anything over 124mhz) this happens. Also, multipliers up to 9.5x work with 100mhz bus but the 10x+ multipliers won't work at all.

I used to get this thing to boot fine 7.5x 133 mhz but this problem is now preventing even this bootup (even saw 1093mhz post).

I've spent 4 hours this evening trying all different combinations, settings, bios flash(es) etc etc etc, I'm giving up hope and just set it to 133mhz bus at 7x for now. if anyone has seen this please let me know if I'm missing something.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 09:00 PM

I have seen something similar.

I was running a Duron 800. I did not use a pencil to unlock it however. I used the conductive resin used to repair rear window de-foggers. It is just a few bucks at your local automotive store and provides a more reliable connection.

I had all the multipliers up to 10. I didn't try to go any higher. I ended up using 8x145 for 1160.

However to get it to boot at 133 and higher, I had to volt mod the Motherboard and crank the Vcore up to 2.1.

After that I had no problems getting to 133 and higher. Prior to the Volt mod, I could not even post with the FSB set to 133.

Hope this helps. =)

AMD Athlon XP 1700+(1.47)@2200+(1.75)
MSI K7T266 Pro v2.0 - RU
512Mb Kingston PC2100 DDR
MSI GeForce 2 GTS Pro 64Mb
SoundBlaster Live Value
Acer 10x8x32 CD/RW
Pioneer 10x DVD
Watercooled 226Watt TEC cooling Processor.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th February, 2002, 12:49 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Hey pink, Try a trace pin or conductive ink. If your having probs it's better to just do it permanently. Trace pen or conductive ink. Hell if you lived closer I'd let ya use mine. I have a bottle that I haven't even opened yet.

Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th February, 2002, 05:36 AM
Banned

I did use the defogger stuff, that's when the problems started to become more permanent in nature... I'm gonna eventually get some nail polish remover and reapply the paint.
Old 4th February, 2002, 02:04 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

What voltage are you running at? I initially had some problems getting my Duron 800 to work at 1000. Turns out I had to move some jumpers on my mobo in order for it to start up at 1.85V. Another problem I had was that I had painted the bridges poorly. The mobo would give me the multipliers, but it would crash while booting. After I reapplied the defogger paint, I had no problems. I suggest setting the voltage higher if you haven't already and then reapply the defogger stuff. Hopefully this will work for you too.

Mook.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 4th February, 2002, 04:35 PM

Pinky,

Try connecting your L7 Bridges, that will raise your default voltage up to 1.85v. I had to do that on one of my Duron 800 to get it to boot right at 1080.