AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th December, 2004, 10:26 AM

Your reviews On this Asus Mobo

Hi there,,,
Just bought a new Asus A7S8X-Mx Mobo & I have a duron 1.1g On board,I was wondering how i would be able to overclock this mobo,There is No V-Core setting in bois nor the multiplier setting,the fsb setting cannot be done through bios but by jumpers on the mobo which have 3 settings,.100 Fsb...133 Fsb...166 Fsb,Currently the setting is on 100...Pls need ure help on overclocking the morgan to atleast 1.2 or 1.3Ghz.I have a pc2100 DDR ram
Attached Images

Old 19th December, 2004, 11:16 PM

welcome to AOA, Torque.
sadly, the options for overclocking with this mainboard don't exist. the ability to
change v-core, v-dimm, multi and fsb are paramount to overclocking.
the cpu you have may work at 133 fsb. that is the current option, run the 100fsb
cpu @ 133. I doubt the Morgan will run @ 166fsb. the pc2100 is good to 133fsb
and unless it is to of the line won't do 166fsb.
this mainboard is aimed at SOHO users who want a stable platform without the
bells and whistles that add extra cost.
hope this doesn't keep you from your quest for overclocking.

Ron

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th December, 2004, 11:44 AM

Currently the DRAM ratio is 133 mhz

Currently the DRAM ratio is 133 mhz & Fsb at 100 bus,Multiplier the default 11.0x...When i increase the fsb through jumper's to 133 fsb the sys wont boot until i get it back to 100 fsb,also i believe i have a locked morgan do u think if i unlock the morgan it would boot at 133 fsb,,,thnx
Old 21st December, 2004, 07:46 AM

hi, unlocking will only have an effect on the multiplier or ratio. the Morgan has a
default 100fsb x 11 for 1100.
if you had a board that allowed you to adjust the ratio, then unlocking would help.
then the most you could expect is 13X. altho you would try 10x133.
I'm afraid you are not going to have much luck with that combo. consider another
mainboard with o'cing features, an unlocked XP-M2600, PC3200(2x256) and a quality psu. can be had under $400 and closer to $300 if you shop around.
keep at it. we will be around to help.

Ron

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December, 2004, 10:51 PM

Can the multiplier be raised to 13x100 by connecting any of the bridges on the cpu just like u do it to unlock it,If yes than how.thnx again
Old 22nd December, 2004, 02:27 AM

I have only tried unlocking T'Birds using the 'pencil' method. look in the FAQ or search
"pencil trick". however, even unlocked, your m'board doesn't support chainging the
multiplier in the bios. you are stuck at 11x100. too bad that Duron won't do 133fsb.
an example: I have an Epox EP-8RDA+, N-Vidia(N-Force)chipset that supports a 333
fsb. the processor is an AMD Athlon Mobile AXM2400+166fsb(1.8 gig) overclocked to 2140,
10.5x203. this is low for this m'board and cpu. others reach 2400 and 220fsb.
it takes time, patience and money to overclock. it is easier to do with the socket A
platform and a n N-Force board. you can get good results with VIA chipset boards
also. my Epox 8K5A2+, 333fsb with XP2500 Barton, 333fsb,1.83G, is at 12x192-2304.
I doubt this will see 200fsb. too far out of spec.
hang in there. read what others have done to get a stable o'clock. find out what is
out there within your budget and proceed with care and caution. the smell of toasted
silicon smell a little like burnt money.

Ron

AOA Team fah
Old 22nd December, 2004, 02:47 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
Currently the DRAM ratio is 133 mhz & Fsb at 100 bus,Multiplier the default 11.0x...When i increase the fsb through jumper's to 133 fsb the sys wont boot until i get it back to 100 fsb,also i believe i have a locked morgan do u think if i unlock the morgan it would boot at 133 fsb,,,thnx
Surprized that it didn't work when setting the FSB too 133. Just about every Duron that I have had has had NO prob setting the FSB too 133. Sorry to here
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 16th February, 2005, 10:50 AM

how to unlock amd chips

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht...md_pinmod.html

i used on my athy thoroughbred
Old 16th February, 2005, 11:24 AM
Steve Jobs

very good little page that is, however the morgan core durons do not unlock. They are based on palomino core athlon xps, however they are not as easy to unlock. On the athlons, you join bridges to unlock it. On a morgan core duron, you have to *break* several bridges, then reterminate them.

Morgans werent fun.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles