AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th February, 2005, 11:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

Woo Hoo!!

Got an AMD XP-M 2600 and PQI TURBO series 256X2 pc3200 w/ samsung TCCD chips for my B-Day!!! cpu should be here by wednesday and ram by thurs/fri. I CANT WAIT!!!!

Last edited by WonderBread; 1st March, 2005 at 05:23 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th February, 2005, 11:44 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Lucky you!Let us know how those chips do on the nforce platform...Not many have gone that route. Should make for a killer system!
Old 1st March, 2005, 12:55 AM

can do
Old 3rd March, 2005, 02:03 AM

Got my CPU w/ an IDYHA 0503 stepping and RAM and so far i have it at 2370.4 MHz(default Voltage) 11*215, RAM 2-2-2-5 2.7v. idle temp of 45c w/fan on low. what i was wondering was, could you guys find some links for programs that i can use to test my system for stability?
Old 3rd March, 2005, 02:09 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Prime95 is good.

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads...chung/prime95/

Alternativly, try Folding@home.

Test's stability while working for a good cause

Info below

New Member Guide and FAQ (updated 9-09)

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd March, 2005, 02:13 AM
Member/Contributer

Prime95 is the best option for testing stability, folding doesn't know it makes mistakes like prime95 does, prime95 picks up on the slightest error on what may seem a stable system

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd March, 2005, 02:30 AM

Prime95 Large FFTs seems to discover errors more quickly than Small FFTs test and generates more heat (+2C in comparison).

Prime95 Blend is good for testing memory + I would recommend the latest memtest86+ (not the old memtest86, for which it's often mistaken) :

http://www.memtest.org/
Old 3rd March, 2005, 03:31 AM

BOO HOO

i cant get stable above 200MHz would the DC be affecting anything? iv had the voltages up all the way on both the cpu and ram temps never get above 50c so i dont know whats going on ?help?
Old 3rd March, 2005, 05:35 AM

anyone?
Old 3rd March, 2005, 11:16 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBread
anyone?
Do you mean 200MHz FSB? If so, then it's hightime you did the L12 mod, providing you haven't done it already.

http://www.geocities.com/trats102002/nf7sFsbsense.html
Old 3rd March, 2005, 02:34 PM

i meant 400 FSB, and is it wierd that it wont POST at a multiplyer of 10? the lowest i can get it is 11
Old 4th March, 2005, 01:12 AM

plz, i need some help
Old 4th March, 2005, 01:39 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

10 mulit has been locked out by the bios. you need a modded bios for that multi.

try running memtest86 first, as this will let you go as high as possible on the fsb without issue(no pci/agp lock issues for stuff in slots other than 5.)

droop the multi down to 7 or 8 or 9, and go from there. I noticed taht FSB means more voltage than multi's, but fsb = better overall performance.

Give it a run or two(I like 10 passes of the full memtest, which takes a bit, but is pretty reliable), and report back with your findings, and we can take it from there! I' am VERY familar with your board....and how it overvolts the cpu! I have seen 3 that give over 1.75vcore for a 1.65v chip!
Old 4th March, 2005, 02:23 AM

There's no such thing as FSB400 on nForce2 - it's 200MHz in DDR mode (400MHz is a pure marketing trick).

L12 won't hurt and can help, or is something so specific about this mobo, that it can run on FSB133 ROMSIP table far above FSB200? cadaveca?

Btw. multi 10 has also been a well known issue on many other nForce2 motherboards, but concerning stability - no lock-outs in bios.
Old 4th March, 2005, 03:20 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBread
Got my CPU w/ an IDYHA 0503 stepping and RAM and so far i have it at 2370.4 MHz(default Voltage) 11*215, RAM 2-2-2-5 2.7v. idle temp of 45c w/fan on low. what i was wondering was, could you guys find some links for programs that i can use to test my system for stability?
I'd start here
Rib
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 4th March, 2005, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
I' am VERY familar with your board....and how it overvolts the cpu! I have seen 3 that give over 1.75vcore for a 1.65v chip!
this may sound dumb, but is that bad?
Old 4th March, 2005, 07:53 AM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

only if you let your cpu get too hot, overvolting will often allow a higher OC though

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 5th March, 2005, 06:47 PM

I ran Memtest-86 v3.2 lastnight, but no matter what FSB over 200 with timings at 3-4-4-11 and voltage at 2.8(highest i can get w/ my board) i would get lots errors 40% into the first pass. this was in dual channel, would i get a different result if it was in single channel?

Last edited by WonderBread; 5th March, 2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 5th March, 2005, 10:32 PM

or would a modded BIOS do anything?
Old 5th March, 2005, 10:35 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

A modded BIOS can help a great deal.