AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th March, 2005, 04:24 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Have a look at this:

ATI's new motherboard, showing at CEBIT. Can someone say MOSFET WATERBLOCK(didn't someone here want that sort of cooling?)? This board will be part of my next build.
Attached Thumbnails
Have a look at this:-sap2s.jpg   Have a look at this:-sap5s.jpg   Have a look at this:-sap6s.jpg  
Old 11th March, 2005, 04:33 AM
Steve Jobs

I must admit that looks cool. LOL. A little itty bit overkill maybe, and i dont know how effective those waterblocks do. Is the board itself made by ATI or is it just an ATI chipset? *edit* just noticed it says saphire on it

Still sif anyone would care if it worked. Its got wank appeal
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2005, 05:15 AM
AOA Staff

that must be a dual core package? cant be socket A at this piont in time...
can't wait to see the price on this, Sapphire is supposed to be cheap stuff.
Old 11th March, 2005, 05:25 AM

This is an overclocking board with included onboard video. SKT 939, DDR(w/volts up to 4.0v), CPU volts to 2.0, and a host of other goodies. There are 3 eeprom slots, but only one is filled..remains to be seen what the others are for. I'm gonna buy one...red and white are canadaian colours, so suit my next build just fine. Now the wait begins. It should support dual-cored A64's one would imagine, but that also remains to be seen. There are more overclocking options available that are hidden by bios, but rumour has it that a "UBERBIOS" will be released to allow full access to all the bios functions you can imagine. 4-phase power appeals to me lots. Waterblocks are DangerDen, so should be some of the best performers out there.
Old 11th March, 2005, 05:54 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
I'm gonna buy one...red and white are canadaian colours, so suit my next build just fine. Now the wait begins.
If you get sick of waiting, i can sell you a classic IMac in the same colours for $200, though it would hardly be a symbol of national pride

Im waiting for a mobo with an australian flag, which would be kind of like an albatron with a union jack on it. Heres hoping!

Also, if it doesnt catch on in canada, im sure you could sell that computer to Marlboro
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2005, 06:28 AM
AOA Staff

it does look like some crazy server/worksation board with the DVI dual IGP and 8 sata connectors and what looks like dual NIC's.
Old 11th March, 2005, 07:28 AM
Steve Jobs

sadly only 1 DVI port though, and it seams its 1 NIC 1 firewire rather than dual NIC which i kind of like. Damn though, 8 SATA ports. I wish someone would run an 8 disk Raptor 74GB SATA 300 RAID array, just for the benching. Who needs RAM when you have that! lol
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 11th March, 2005, 07:45 AM

Maybe they'll send one to me for a review and i'll try it out. LoL.

I think the colour choice is awesome..usinging the brand colours that just happens to be canadian...meh..

I've never used the second NIC on any of the two systems that i have that have gigabit ethernet. If you are on a router, there is no need for a second NIC, and a router should be standard for security. Notice the lack of aircooling..they said air was not good enough! LoL

CPU volts up to 2.7v...I'm still benching with the dualchannel systems and beating alot of them witht higher clocks, but this board seems made for a 24/7 phase change environment. One of these boards, a 512mb x850....

Damn ATI better show up at fragapolooza this year and give one away...the gamers here in town suck.
Old 11th March, 2005, 03:03 PM

It does make sense to design a board for watercooling in the first place. much more likely for the cooling system to be able to do its job.
Rig 1 MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400+, 4 gig PC6400, 3870; and then MSI K9A2 CF, 5000+; Abit Fatal1ty AN8, Opteron 185; ASRock 939Dual VSTA, 4400+; EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra, 148 Opteron; Abit KN9 SLI, 5000+;Abit UL8, 3800+; Gigabyte 754 3200+; ASUS A8N-VM CSM, 3500+, ASRock Dual Sata-2, 3200+, Abit NF7-S; DFI NFII; EPoX 8RDA6+Pro.
Old 12th March, 2005, 02:05 AM

More details :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=55734

I'm astonished (and drooling like the others )
Old 12th March, 2005, 02:24 AM
Member/Contributer

I hope ati do a good job with this chipset, the option to have 4 displays will find it many friends

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah