AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th April, 2005, 01:01 PM

DFI LANParty NFII Ultra B BIOS upgrade

I was looking at upgrading to one of the tictac BIOS's for overclocking reasons. I just wondered if I would have to reinstall the OS afterward, as I have to reinstall anyway but I was going to do it on the standard BIOS tonight, then bring that BIOS chip into work along with a spare one I have to have the BIOS copied over (just to be on the safe side in case tictac one goes wrong), then install the tictac bios tomorrow evening and keep the spare chip safe.

Otherwise, i'll just be patient and wait until tomorrow evening after i've copied the BIOS to then flash with the new one and install the OS.
NVidia 6800GT
Yesico FL-420(T) Fanless 420W PSU
2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB SATA RAID0
Silverstone Temjin TJ05S-T Case
Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th April, 2005, 03:26 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Everything rides on top of the BIOS, I think it's a good idea to wipe your HDD, create new partitions, re-format them, then install the operating system of your choice.

I say this because I got the most amusing errors after installing a new mainboard with its new BIOS, and using the old HDD that was already in the machine. Some of the errors were truly funny!
Old 19th April, 2005, 03:38 PM

Thanks cloasters, guess i'll just have to be patient - unless it's easy enough to get the files to hard flash the BIOS chip using the machine here at work if it gets corrupted ? I know it's a different file to the one that you flash with awardflash. What do you think? I'm mega impatient to get my machine working again and I don't think i'll get the chance to do it until Saturday if I don't do it this evening. I'm missing UT2004 & DoW :-(
NVidia 6800GT
Yesico FL-420(T) Fanless 420W PSU
2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB SATA RAID0
Silverstone Temjin TJ05S-T Case
Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD

AOA Team fah

Last edited by tottyspotter; 19th April, 2005 at 03:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!