AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th May, 2005, 04:50 PM

Increasing the Mulitpliers

Ok I have a AMD Sempron 3100+ 754 on a DFI Lan Party UT 250mb. What I want to know is if there is a way to increase the multiplier to something higher then 9x. I have it @ 9x 250fsb right now and is running fine. Except my memory is only at 160 mhz( cause it sucks and I have no money to buy new but anyways) how could I go about doing this.

Thank you

DKM
Old 10th May, 2005, 05:37 PM
Member/Contributer

Nope, you can lower it with 3100+'s though unlike the lower models.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th May, 2005, 09:27 PM

in my bios there is something to increase the frequency and it goes up to 20 I think it might be the mutiplier. Also does lowering it do anything?

Thanks
Old 10th May, 2005, 10:34 PM
Member/Contributer

Is that called something like cpu frequency ratio? even though there are higher options they won't work.
the lower options are useful in trying to get the right balance of HT bus speed and memory ratio etc..

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!