AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd August, 2005, 04:36 PM

Overclocking my Abit AN8

Ok, I have the following:

Abit AN8-V (The V model has no firewire and no fancy cooling OTES)
Athlon Venice Core 3000
Stock Cooler (Will be replaced...very soon)
1GB Corsair ValueRam 3200 (Was all I could afford, anyway not really into overclocking the memory)
And the usual other bits and bobs, the PSU is a TruePower 350W with an 18A 12V rail. Not great, but it's not really dealing with a lot at the moment.

What sort of OC'ing can I achieve? What can I do? Is there a chance I can damage components? I really cannot afford to replace ANYTHING.
Old 28th August, 2005, 09:06 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Please pardon the lateness of this reply.
As you posted that your present power supply is less than ideal, why not bumble along at stock performance until a monstro PSU becomes possible? If I may be so bold, a quality PSU with power to spare is just the ticket to a kick adze.