AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th September, 2005, 11:20 AM

msi neo2 platinum nf3ultra

hi guys.
ive got the weirdest problem,i was running with 1.9 bios,so i went to 1A bios,then i went to 1B bios,but now my usb2.0 does not want to work.im running with SP2,which should enable it by default.i went back to 1A bios,hoping it was some bios config problem,i formatted,the usb controller is enabled,ive tried to refresh the usb 2.0 driver,but its not giving me this option.can anyone give me some advice on this issue.thanks.

msi k8n neo2 platinum nf3ultra
3200+ Winnie
2x512mb ddr 400 Twinmos ram
Gigabyte 9600xt
Maxtor 160gig sata
creative soundblaster 2.1
Lg 16xdvd rom
sony stiffy drive
2.1 speakers
500watt psu
Old 26th September, 2005, 02:04 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

I have the same board and I'm currently running version 1.8 bios I only see a 1.b available for my bios (threw MSI online update) I just noticed the other day that my USB stopped working. (no driver updates that I can think of)

I'll try this bios and report back.
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th September, 2005, 02:21 PM

thanks robbie,i think im gonna go back to 1.8 or 1.9 bios.i hope this sorts it out.
Old 26th September, 2005, 02:45 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Ok, just did the bios update and this is what I got. I haven't rebooted yet. I will and let you know if it works. PLEASE BE SURE to go into your bios and adjust your bios settings. I noticed ALOT of my settings have changed. (including some of my USB fuctions turned off)
HTH

**edit** my USB lives again. Funny thing..... I have a front panel 3.5 drive bay 4 in 1 card reader with a USB 2 connection on it. There is a light (led) that is on when it's on. The lights out but it's working.
HTH
Attached Thumbnails
msi neo2 platinum nf3ultra-usb.jpg  
AOA Team fah

Last edited by robbie; 26th September, 2005 at 02:53 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th September, 2005, 03:23 PM

hmmm....weird,but r u getting 2.0 speed.im not,and thats my biggest worry,as i have a portable drive,and now it takes like 40minutes to copy a 2gig file to my system,pathetic,aint it,thanks robbie,ill post tomorrow to let u know how it went.
Old 26th September, 2005, 03:24 PM
AOA Staff

Try a windows update and do "Custom" Be sure to check for any updated files or drivers.
AOA Team fah
Old 27th September, 2005, 06:23 AM

hey robbie,i went back to 1.8 bios,now my usb 2.0 is working again,im assuming the 1.B bios is rubbish,something aint right with it,besides,after i updated it,pressed F1,like u supposed to,nothing happened,it didnt reboot,it just sat there with a black screen,hanging,so i had to shutdown,clear cmos,then only my pc posted and went into Windows,so that 1A and 1B bios is dodgy.thanks.
Old 1st October, 2005, 05:55 PM
AOA Staff

Hey question for you Neo owners out there..... What is the difference when I run HT @ 5x and 3x?!?!?!
Thanks
AOA Team fah
Old 1st October, 2005, 11:51 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

HT 5x will be impossible AFAIK, if running high FSB. I'm not certain myself, but have read over and over that HT should not exceed 1000 by too much... ie 5x 200=1000. If you are running 250fsb, then 4x250 = 1000 is a good thing.

At 5x if the system is stable and overclocked, great... If unstable, try dropping the HT multi first.
Old 15th October, 2005, 03:26 PM
AOA Staff

Thanks bud!!
AOA Team fah