AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd January, 2006, 08:35 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skool h8r
fake them as the appear to be MD5 or 128bit encryption.
MD5's broken, and has been for a while now. It's possible to induce collisions, and has been demonstrated at a number of conferences.
Old 2nd January, 2006, 08:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

I shoud have known. I remember reading that some french guy thought he had found a way to work out MD5. Yes, a frenchy!

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd January, 2006, 09:01 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile69
That doesn't look real. I don't think that's possible even with nitrogen. Notice how there's no voltage I might be a little more convinced if it was CPU-Z verified. Even if it was acheived it was probably incredibly unstable.

heh. my 148, which is really a sandiego, does 3ghz @ 1.475v, on air. I'm sure i could surpass that 3.6ghz very easily using LN2, or even phase change like bradmax is using.

the interesting thing is that getting a cpu to 3.6ghz is by no means an easy feat, but you will find that it's actually pretty common for 3.6ghz to be reached nowadays using sub-zero cooling. What makes it hard is tweaking the ram settings so that you can actually boot, or realizing that you need a board that has capacitors that can handle the low temps as well...

Anyway, if you guys would like to see sceens of cpu's above and beyond what this venice is at, it can be done quite easily. i know of at least 10 venices that have reached this speed, and countless sandiegos...to the tune of several hundred. what matters, at least to me, is what speed the ram was at at the time...
Old 2nd January, 2006, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
heh. my 148, which is really a sandiego, does 3ghz @ 1.475v, on air. I'm sure i could surpass that 3.6ghz very easily using LN2, or even phase change like bradmax is using.

the interesting thing is that getting a cpu to 3.6ghz is by no means an easy feat, but you will find that it's actually pretty common for 3.6ghz to be reached nowadays using sub-zero cooling. What makes it hard is tweaking the ram settings so that you can actually boot, or realizing that you need a board that has capacitors that can handle the low temps as well...

Anyway, if you guys would like to see sceens of cpu's above and beyond what this venice is at, it can be done quite easily. i know of at least 10 venices that have reached this speed, and countless sandiegos...to the tune of several hundred. what matters, at least to me, is what speed the ram was at at the time...
Cool. I had no idea. Time to get out some copper tubing and liquid nitrogen.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd January, 2006, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skool h8r
Yes, that's the difference, it's validated. thing is, it's now very hard to fake CPU-Z scores that are verified because of checksums which i belive would need a rainbow table to fake them as the appear to be MD5 or 128bit encryption.
I know I it's real I was just having some fun.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."
Old 4th January, 2006, 03:55 AM

now I have a skt754 3000 Venice. I see no
problem getting to 2.4. the 3000 Newcastle
is @ 2.45. I wait for more money to buy the
memory and vid cards before getting it all
together. time will tell!

Ron

AOA Team fah