AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th February, 2006, 07:30 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

No, the characteristic impedance of the bus is a function of the signaling medium. For maximum power transfer and minimum transients, you want your load impedance to match your bus impedance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th February, 2006, 09:43 PM

Fake!

Common guys, seriously...can't you see that this picture is facke.
Its the MSI K9N Platinum photoshoped in a nasty color.

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/227/k9n026dm.th.jpgOrginal http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1140657622 Facke

Just look at this pictures.
LOL...just had to tell you guys. Abit may be desperat, but not THAT desperat. Purple MB...OMG!
Old 24th February, 2006, 10:21 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Oh yeah?! Well, umm, how do you know that MSI's board isn't just a photoshop of Abit's board. Huh?! Huh?!

Thanks for pointing this out for us, Torkell. That sure does look an awful lot like MSI's board, that's a fact, right down to the component placement and even some of the stickers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th February, 2006, 11:49 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

SHHHH!!!

heh. yes it's the MSI AM2 board....

i was wondering how long it would take, as i found out myself after the original post. I got the pic from Nintek.

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/p...idproduct=5126

Last edited by cadaveca; 24th February, 2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 25th February, 2006, 12:06 AM

the best part is now after i posted this, the INQ, techpowerup, and a few other sites have posted that it was an ABIT board....but TBh, i don't really think that it was a photochop...i think that it was intentionally masked that way for the tester...Nintek.

Sry guys.
Old 25th February, 2006, 12:11 AM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

haha we have a fake on the front page!

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 25th February, 2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favu
haha we have a fake on the front page!
Yes and you didnt credit the source of the pic in the OP either!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
i think that it was intentionally masked that way for the tester...Nintek.
Actually it was a pic of a prototype design made by an internationally renowned industrial designer.

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/p...idproduct=5126

All the mobo manufacturers have decided that they will focus their AM2 range on teenage girls, apparently it has great potential and is as yet untapped....thus the colours and the flower.

Last edited by nintek; 25th February, 2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 25th February, 2006, 03:28 AM
Steve Jobs

Rofl. Dave, if nothing else you have proved a very important point.

The Inquirer will take completely unsubstantiated information from any forum, and call it fact.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29903

Well done Inquirer! You got it wrong again!
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 25th February, 2006, 03:37 AM

finally i can follow the trail tho. Interesting to see how far it went, in such a short time. Maybe people should be checking sources.

i posted no source for a reason. lol. but when i saw it all over.....heh.
Old 25th February, 2006, 03:41 AM
Steve Jobs

Its pretty damned funny. Definately need a frontpage item about the worldwide reproduction of it haha.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 25th February, 2006, 03:53 AM

what's funny is the 6717 views in 48 hrs.

Old 25th February, 2006, 06:02 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
Rofl. Dave, if nothing else you have proved a very important point.

The Inquirer will take completely unsubstantiated information from any forum, and call it fact.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29903

Well done Inquirer! You got it wrong again!
Don't be too hard on The Inq, guys. I e-mailed them and told them about the picture that we had, so I'm as much to blame as anyone.
Old 25th February, 2006, 06:06 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
the best part is now after i posted this, the INQ, techpowerup, and a few other sites have posted that it was an ABIT board....but TBh, i don't really think that it was a photochop...i think that it was intentionally masked that way for the tester...Nintek.

Sry guys.
If it wasn't a photochop, then why did it it say Abit on the board? I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow?
Old 25th February, 2006, 06:14 AM

i didn't catch that giz. this is an interesting situation, to say the least.
Old 25th February, 2006, 06:18 AM
Steve Jobs

PCstats has picked it up as well.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 25th February, 2006, 06:24 AM

OMG. Where does it END?

Hey, at least we know EVERYBODY reads AOA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSTATS
Ooo nForce5 in the house! AOAForums have a shot of a bright pink ABIT AM2 NForce5 Mainboard. Included features are apparently SLI PCI-Express x32, DDR2-1066 Azalia Surround Sound, SATA II RAID, Dual G-LAN IEEE1394 and of course some pretty flowers on the PCB.
by the bolded word, it seems that everyone is a bit hesitant about it all...i've seen the same at all the sites.

I never knew i was that credible. Gotta watch myself now!
Old 25th February, 2006, 06:30 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

It's even on a thread in Abit's forums.
Old 25th February, 2006, 06:36 AM

Ah, the stupidity of NDA's...noone from ABIT can even say it's not really thiers!

SO, we got 2 real ones then, the EPoX(which is great to see so early), and the PCchips...at least i think they are real.

Coolaler has way more pics of the EPoX board.

2.5 hours for another 1000 views. Sheesh.
Old 25th February, 2006, 07:54 AM

This photo has definitely made the rounds. I wonder if mobo makers will consider designs (hopefully a little more masculine ) in the future.

Just a note to the admins here: "PHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D." Is some kind of spammer. He has shown up on many sites. For some reason he targets hot topics, it seems like every site I have seen him on is one that was recently linked to by a tech news site. He speaks half coherent things, presumiably trying to keep from getting his posts removed. He also typically includes a link back to his site, usually they are pictures.

Just thought I would let you know.
Old 25th February, 2006, 08:57 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyturtle
This photo has definitely made the rounds. I wonder if mobo makers will consider designs (hopefully a little more masculine ) in the future.

Just a note to the admins here: "PHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D." Is some kind of spammer. He has shown up on many sites. For some reason he targets hot topics, it seems like every site I have seen him on is one that was recently linked to by a tech news site. He speaks half coherent things, presumiably trying to keep from getting his posts removed. He also typically includes a link back to his site, usually they are pictures.

Just thought I would let you know.
Quite funny actually. This guy is famous!

Google

XBL/PNS = neolad