AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th February, 2006, 11:44 AM
AOA Staff

Update at the Inq:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29907
Old 25th February, 2006, 11:58 AM

Oh its over on AMDZone's front page as well....

Lol I stop looking at parts for my car and decide to go read about cpu's boards and what not...

I was happy for all of 20 seconds....

Oh well going back to try'n to figure out which head to slap on the LS2
2GB OCZ PC4000 Gold
SLI'd E-VGA 6800 GT's
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th February, 2006, 09:02 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Has anyone told Daniel~ yet lol.
It just goes to show you can't believe everything you see / read on the net.

It does show that AOA is well read and well respected around the comunity. I laughed when I clicked on the L'inq of the latest article and ended back up here.

It has certainly brought a lot of traffic with what 135 people viewing the thread as guests as i post!
Old 25th February, 2006, 09:06 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

12,352 views. MY MY MY.
Old 25th February, 2006, 09:11 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
12,352 views. MY MY MY.
We should set-up a hotdog stand...
Old 25th February, 2006, 09:14 PM

heh. I'm just surprised that the number of views doubled since last night. Quite the stir Gizmo and I have caused!
Old 27th February, 2006, 03:54 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Well, here's an example of the fine quality of reporting that AMDZone is, I'm sure, renowned for:

"The Inquirer reports that the Abit Socket AM2 board picture was indeed a fake. A good idea I suppose when you are trying to drum up traffic for your site. Break NDA, or come up with a fake product. Those two methods seem to be hot these days."

It's awfully easy to take pot-shots when you don't bother to get all the details....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th February, 2006, 04:31 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Well, here's an example of the fine quality of reporting that AMDZone is, I'm sure, renowned for:

"The Inquirer reports that the Abit Socket AM2 board picture was indeed a fake. A good idea I suppose when you are trying to drum up traffic for your site. Break NDA, or come up with a fake product. Those two methods seem to be hot these days."

It's awfully easy to take pot-shots when you don't bother to get all the details....
Hell yeah. But I don't care about their undocumented comments!!!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 28th February, 2006, 07:56 AM
Pixel Slave to Satan

I'd cottoned this one from the outset and I think we know who the photo-chopper is and just be said its not mainland UK and one his favourite typesets for artwork has give him away too easy!
Old 28th February, 2006, 08:09 AM

Why not just read the header? All Photochopped pic have a digital signature. I don't think it matters, really.

It was posted on teh reatailer's site...they have since updated it to say it was a joke. So all's well.

SHould'a said that in the first place.