AOA AOA AOA Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd February, 2006, 08:20 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

From the halways of beta-testing...ABIT's NF5 mobo.

Here it is folks....

Quote:
Abit "The DAN 5up4too1" OC AMD AM2 NForce5z Mainboard SLI PCI-Express x32 DDR2-1066 Azalia Surround Sound SATA II RAID Dual G-LAN IEEE1394
http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/attac...1&d=1140657632
Remember that you saw it here first!
Attached Thumbnails
From the halways of beta-testing...ABIT's NF5 mobo.-abitam2nf5.jpg  
Old 22nd February, 2006, 09:05 PM

No active bridge cooling?
7 SATA headers - nice...

I wonder what this line will be like, ever since DFI snagged ABIT's top engineers' they lost a helluva lot of market share.
Old 22nd February, 2006, 09:10 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

That's ugly.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd February, 2006, 09:30 PM

I doubt reatil boards will appear the same...merely a soldermask to expose the leaker, IMHO.
Old 22nd February, 2006, 09:38 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
That's ugly.
And I was about to say I liked it!

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd February, 2006, 10:23 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Front Page, Cad! www.aoaforums.com
Old 23rd February, 2006, 10:27 AM

I wonder what nVidia thinks...
Old 23rd February, 2006, 10:29 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

BTW, have you got any other data on this mobo, Cad?
Old 23rd February, 2006, 10:32 AM

Not really. Pic and a few sketchy details. got more dirt on other things...
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:08 AM

This is some info I've dug up...

C51XE+MCP55PXE:

Features 2 x16 SLI slots (total 46 lanes, 9 links) and supports FX and Athlon series of M2 CPUs. Six SATA ports with RAID5, dual Gigabit LAN with ActiveArmor and UAA Audio, high overclocking potential reported.

MCP55P SLI:

Features 2 x8 SLI slots (total 28 lanes, 6 links) and supports Athlon series of M2 CPUs. Six SATA ports with RAID5, Dual Gigabit LAN with ActiveArmor and UAA Audio - Havent heard any "personal" details yet.

MCP55 Ultra:

Features 1 x16 slot (total 20 lanes, 5 links) and supports Athlon series of M2 CPUs. Six SATA ports with RAID5, Dual Gigabit LAN with Active Armor and UAA Audio. - Likewise on the acutual use

Then there's another board I'm trying to find more info on, supposably strictly aimed for those on budget, its supporting Sempron M2's....I'll look for more stuff one I get outta class. Then again, I have to work tonight and tommorrow, might just be a couple days...

@CAD

The info about that mobo states '32x".....doesnt that mean 2^16x, or really 32??
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:15 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

AFAIK, there is no PCIe x32 specification, and that board has two x16 slots....
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperah
@CAD

The info about that mobo states '32x".....doesnt that mean 2^16x, or really 32??

to answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
AFAIK, there is no PCIe x32 specification, and that board has two x16 slots....

However, that doesn't mean there isn't one in the works.

But this board, however, should be 2x16 lanes. Another revision wit h2 chipsets might accomodate 32x32 pci-e connectivity, but the need of such is not there yet...multiple datastreams on each lane will come first, IMHO, similar to a DDR interface.

AFAIK, there's actually 42 lanes of pci-e support on this chipset...or maybe that was ATI's
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:50 AM

I actuly like the purple.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:17 PM
Steve Jobs

24-Pin ATX connector, 4-pin +12V ATX connector and a 4-pin Molex connector?

Tis going to be a lot of wiring on that board! Love the name. Also love the flowers in the solder mask. Thats something I've never seen before.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 23rd February, 2006, 11:54 PM

the current gen of DFI board feature EPS12v, molex or floppy, and 24pin. allows for less power traces throughout the board, and less actual circuitry on the board itself.
Old 24th February, 2006, 04:39 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Power is usually implemented as power planes internally on the PCB, rather than traces. Traces radiate too much RFI.
Old 24th February, 2006, 06:04 AM

Cadaveca, thanks for sharing man

Maybe someone wanted to use this abit board as valentine present? It looks like it's made for the female hardware enthousiast ^^
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Old 24th February, 2006, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Power is usually implemented as power planes internally on the PCB, rather than traces. Traces radiate too much RFI.
lol aedan. and how many people are going to know what a power plane is, in compariason to a trace. I'm trying to dumb it down a bit, there mate.
Old 24th February, 2006, 12:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
A plane is going to radiate RFI as well, since it still has sharp corners and such (there are always cutouts in the planes to allow for routing signals that just wouldn't fit anywere else). The main thing about power planes is that they drastically reduce the bus impedance, thus allowing for more efficient power distribution. A side benefit is that reducing the bus impedance makes it a lot harder to generate RFI in the first place.
Old 24th February, 2006, 12:54 PM

bus impendeance = load

?