AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th February, 2006, 11:50 AM

Question about timings...

Hello all,

Its been a couple years since i have been around. I used to use the nick "athlonboi" but i forgot my pass.

Anywho, I have an Amd64 3000+ (new castle), Asus K8N-E Deluxe, Patriot 1GBx2 (3-3-3-8) and have OC'd to 2460 (259x9.5). My timings right now are: 2.5-3-3-7 (166), Htt: 260, Multi: 9. It runs good, but id like to go a little bit more. Im not sure if changing timings to 3-3-3-8 would help or make it worse.

Well, Its nice to be back around. And any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 27th February, 2006, 12:34 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

If you try to log into your account with the wrong password, it will offer you the chance to reset your password via email, if you still have that email address.
Old 27th February, 2006, 12:50 PM

Thats the funny part... I have no idea what my mail was back then.

Its ok, I have a new account now. So all good.
Old 27th February, 2006, 03:04 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Loosening your timings will possibly let you make the ram run at a higher speed, if you keep the same frequency however it will drop performance slightly.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th February, 2006, 05:19 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by add3r0l
Hello all,

Its been a couple years since i have been around. I used to use the nick "athlonboi" but i forgot my pass.

Anywho, I have an Amd64 3000+ (new castle), Asus K8N-E Deluxe, Patriot 1GBx2 (3-3-3-8) and have OC'd to 2460 (259x9.5). My timings right now are: 2.5-3-3-7 (166), Htt: 260, Multi: 9. It runs good, but id like to go a little bit more. Im not sure if changing timings to 3-3-3-8 would help or make it worse.

Well, Its nice to be back around. And any help would be greatly appreciated.
First question, how'd you get your CPU to increase multipliers from 9 to 9.5?
Since your memory is netting over 210mhz already, it depends. If your goal is to try to OC further, the losser timings should help, provided your memory is holding you back right now. What voltage is your memory atm?
Old 27th February, 2006, 06:01 PM

My BIOS has .5 increments. My Memory Voltage is 2.8. I'd like to go to 275x9. So was wondering, Since my default timings are 3-3-3-8, is it possible/make sense to go to 3-4-4-9 or 4-4-4-9? And would that help me get the HTT higher?

-Thx in advance
Old 28th February, 2006, 09:15 AM

kk, I think im better off now. I set timings to: 3-3-3-7 T1 with default CPU and MEM voltage. And set HTT to: 230. Also, HT is set to: 2. This is just a start, and want to let it run for a bit. Next ill try to up HTT to: 235, 240, 245, 250. Wish me luck heh.

Off for now...