AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th May, 2006, 10:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesUK

Asus a8n-sli premium and AI-NOS question

Hi I have the specs which r in my sig and i have always run the coputer with the bios set to auto where the overclocking part is.

I just decided i would take a look at the overclocking options and set my system to AI-NOS enabled and at 3% as i thought well 3% is the lowest it should be safe.

However, when my pc restarted it posted fine but when my pc start into windows i got a blue screen and it restarted, when it rebooted the hard drives took a good few secs to restart again so i set it back to auto.

What worried me is this option is described in to menual just like an option anyone can use safley which makes me wonder why my computer has reacted this way, has anyone please got any advice?

Thank you

James
AMD ATHLON 64 FX-57 | 2 GB CORSAIR XMS3200C2PT CAS2.0 RAM | ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM | 2 X 250GB WESTON DIGITAL SATA 2 (16MB CACHE) HDD | BFG GEFORCE 7800GTX | PIONEER DVR-109 | WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 | TAGAN 580 WATT PSU
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th May, 2006, 05:34 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Bump.
Old 11th May, 2006, 05:37 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

From what I hear AI-NOS is not the best way to overclock, you are far beter off if you do it yourself, in the BIOS.

Other than that I have little experience with socket 939 and someone else will have to help you

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!