AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th June, 2006, 11:28 PM

Thumbs up internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroar
Hey. This message is coming from my new computer (well, technically upgraded, but I consider it new with how much I changed). So, it's working. yay. All the installation went without a problem, but now I have the hell of downloading all those windows updates over dial-up...so it's not done. I'll probably run 3DMark05 tomorrow to see how it does.
Go to a friends or somewhere you can get at least dsl
Old 26th June, 2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got EpOx
Next when you have the money, watercool that baby. Are there any AM2 compatable waterblocks available yet anyone?
Danger Den makes AM2 Blocks.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=21&page=1

E8400 @ 3.92 / ASUS P5Q SE/R / MSI 8800GT / OCZ DDR2 1066 / VelociRaptor 150G

P4 3.2 Prescott running at 3.45 / 2G ram / 8800GT / 3dmark03 31345

Alienware 7700 Laptop P4 HT 2.4ghz 1G ram 17"screen

HTPC Silverstone Case / A64 3200 / 2G ram / 7900GTX / Hauppauge PVR250 / Thermaltake Big TyphoonHSF

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th June, 2006, 03:02 AM
Space Invaders Champion, Takion Champion

Wow. Is it just me, or does Oblivion take what can be considered a high end computer, and makes it kneel. Then it lashes it with a whip. Then it stabs it through the heart. Then it drags the dying body over a salt bed. Then it cackles maniacally over it's newest kill.
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th June, 2006, 03:08 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

cpu killer. works ok on my rig tho
Old 27th June, 2006, 03:13 AM

Well, I don't have $3000 to spend on my computer, so that's the problem I'm facing right now. It should get a tiny bit better when I overclock, but the thing is looking like a fast slideshow....

Also, I could really use some help regarding the RAM. I want it to run full speed...
"this happened to me once, only i kept wiping my nose in my sleep, so it was my hands that were covered in blood when i woke up. i saw my hands, and was like, "dear diary, all i remember is watching half a movie and falling asleep on the couch?" -Ryan North
Old 27th June, 2006, 05:48 AM

Well, I found a problem. When looking at CPU-Z, my RAM was running at 200mhz. That is now fixed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38...ZRAMscreen.jpg

But (aside from the timings being weird) I now have a 2T command rate. Is that what it should be?
Old 1st July, 2006, 10:30 AM

there is af cpu-z vers 1.35
http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-135.zip
Old 1st July, 2006, 04:59 PM

Thanks for the link
Old 2nd July, 2006, 03:20 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Some of the AM2 boards released with BIOS that did not allow CAS or command rate options. My Abit was the same until a BIOS update was released. You will see next to no loss from running CR 2T on these AM2 rigs. What you will see is an incredible increase in overclockability at 2T vs. 1T.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 2nd July, 2006, 06:10 PM

It has all of the options, but they are all cryptic abbreviations (with the exception of CAS, which I got to 4 as it should be), and I just want to know what means what so I can run it at it's rated speed of 4-4-4-12 as compared to 4-5-5-15
Old 3rd July, 2006, 06:21 AM
Pixel Slave to Satan

I think I have a few more options for memory timings in my BIOS - as in the most on any board!!! EPoX have more timings than even DFI.
Old 3rd July, 2006, 02:49 PM

To RedRoar

Greetings from Norway!

Saw your post about building an AM2 system with K9N Neo. I am doing the same, but have run into some problems conserning the SATA drive. Should I press F6 at windows installation, or will the installation go OK with no ekstra S-ATA drivers?

And if I have to use SATA drivers: Which one do I have to copy from the driver CD that came along in the box? There was no floppy in the bok, and the driver CD have numerous drivers.

How should the Bios be set up if I want to use a SATA2 harddisk as primary disk?

You can send me e-mail if you want to.

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd July, 2006, 06:07 PM

I had absolutely no problems with running my SATA2 as the primary with no drivers and no Bios updates. I didn't try RAID, so I'm not sure about that, but I'm guessing if you just have an SATA HD and Optical Drives you can just pop in the windows CD, have it install to the HD on the list to format and install.

As far as Bios settings go, just check to see if your HD supports spread spectrum, mine didn't and it was enabled by default in the Bios, so that might be an issue. Make sure that it shows up, and that your boot sequence includes it.

My boot sequence for it went
1: Primary SATA HD
2: Primary Optical Drive
3: Secondary Optical Drive

You may have to press F11 at startup to choose the CD drive windows is in if it gets stuck on the Hard Drive.

Specifically, what problems are you having?
Old 3rd July, 2006, 07:32 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Greetings from Norway!

Saw your post about building an AM2 system with K9N Neo. I am doing the same, but have run into some problems conserning the SATA drive. Should I press F6 at windows installation, or will the installation go OK with no ekstra S-ATA drivers?

And if I have to use SATA drivers: Which one do I have to copy from the driver CD that came along in the box? There was no floppy in the bok, and the driver CD have numerous drivers.

How should the Bios be set up if I want to use a SATA2 harddisk as primary disk?

You can send me e-mail if you want to.

Thanks in advance!
With some boards, you have to copy the SATA driver files from the CD to a blank floppy. Then you can do the F6 thing during windows install.