AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th July, 2006, 11:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Hom3r Send a message via MSN to Hom3r Send a message via Yahoo to Hom3r

Need Advice On Fsb Issues Please!!!!

ok so here is my problem, im running my xp3500 at stock with water cooling, so i figured why not push it up, initially i lowered my HT to X4, then using MSI Core Centre i upped my voltage to 1.6v and my fsb from 200 to 240 giving me 2640mhz, but i cant go any further with out the system either crashing or BSOD, here is my stock info via cpuz, http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=105330
any help would be great!

Thanks
Old 13th July, 2006, 11:54 AM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Thats a good speed for a Venice core CPU and I doubt you will get a whole lot more out of it, my advice would be to keep that speed and see how low you can get the Vcore, 1.6v is about as high as I would go with that chip unless you temps are really good.

Also what divider are you running your memory at?

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah

Last edited by MONKEYMAN; 13th July, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th July, 2006, 12:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Hom3r Send a message via MSN to Hom3r Send a message via Yahoo to Hom3r

divider, i have no idea lol, my temps are quite acceptable, 30 @ 0% 40 @ 100% load,

have a look at these http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=105405
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice On Fsb Issues Please!!!!-system.jpg  
Old 13th July, 2006, 12:28 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

you need to set your memory speed lower if it is normal DDR400 you are running it way out of spec, try and find a 4/5 or 166mhz divider in your BIOS.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th July, 2006, 04:53 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

LDt to 3x as well.
Old 13th July, 2006, 05:19 PM

OK, so i set my RAM to 166mhz and my HyperT to 3X and iv now hit the 2.7G mark but my temps have rocketed up to 40ish idle, although it is 1 hell of a hot day today, check out the screen shot, do you guys think i should give it some more or what?
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice On Fsb Issues Please!!!!-system.jpg  
Old 13th July, 2006, 05:25 PM

sounds good for a venice...
Old 13th July, 2006, 05:35 PM

i know i can get it higher, although i cant really test it at 2.7G because "system idle precess" is hoggin 100% of my cpu usage and anything i run just stutters!!!! any 1 help me here? also im guessing this is why my "idle" temp hits 40, becasue its not really idle at all
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice On Fsb Issues Please!!!!-taskmanager.jpg  

Last edited by Hom3r; 13th July, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old 13th July, 2006, 05:54 PM

BEfore the system idle process came "into being", your cpu would work @ full load while idle, and be much hotter. this process's job is keeping your cpu cool when not busy. if you are getting freezing, hitchyness, chances are your mobo or ram is not quite stable, or your need more cpu volts.
Old 13th July, 2006, 06:43 PM

well il give that a try, but not right now (been in the bar all afteroon) so now isnt the best time to be OC'in, thanks for ur help
Old 13th July, 2006, 07:34 PM

after you've found max cpuclock set commandrate from 2T to 1T. at 1T your memorybandwidth is much higher
Old 14th July, 2006, 11:40 AM

OK heres an update, after following all advice and setting 1T iv now hit 2.75G and still keeping acceptable temps, im going to push for 2.8 and then stop, thanks for all the input guys, il keep u posted!!!!!

UPDATE: MSI CORE CENTRE is a great OC program, but it looks as though iv hit my maximum, not due to CPU/RAM/anything else other then this damn program wont let me take the FSB past 250!!!!!!!! so looks like thats it. Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice On Fsb Issues Please!!!!-2.75.jpg  

Last edited by Hom3r; 14th July, 2006 at 11:43 AM.