AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st January, 2007, 11:30 PM

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas

Question Asus A8R32-MVP DLX install issues

For my friend I making this machine, using the A8R32-MVP Deluxe mobo. So far, it is a mediocre clocker, but should be long-term reliable and stable. But I (and he too) would like to run it on Win2k (Windows 2000) and it seems to work pretty well.
However I could not make the USB card reader work well.

The problem. Friend have a camera with SD card as memory. He use the reader on his old machine (some oldie ECS crap, barely working now) for the camera. He NEED to use it on his new machine too. The reader was working well before, but now it recognize ONLY CF card, not the SD card. (computers should no be able to do that irony...) The USB port on it is working well too, tough. I connected it to the Asus A8R32-MVP DLX front USB ports on mainboard and it simply refuse to work

So, you say install this driver?
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/2...grated-2k.html

I also do wonder, witch XP SP version one can use?

For Win2k they require SP4 - and I wonder how can to dodge that. Perhaps some form of "emulator" that fake the system to look like SP4? Or patch them somehow?
I must say that this is a very big disapointment and I did not want use SP4, as it has much more holes and security flaws (not to mention bloat) over SP2, witch is proven to work reliably and well. (not to mention fastest)

The second issue is, that the install simply require latest SP, witch is SP4 for Win2k and we did not want that. How to avoid that???
Old 1st February, 2007, 04:50 AM
Member/Contributer

If you can find USB 1.1 drivers, you should get it to work on W2k SP2.

Because of the date USB 2.0 was released the OS simply cannot communicate correctly unless w2k has SP4 installed, and XP requires SP2.

They have a large amount of data which allows the OS's to recognise, and be able to use the latest hardware. Amongst other things. This is part of the reason they are bloated (other reasons include, and not limited to are; 'MS bloatware ver5.0', and 'sod the user ver12.5').

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H

Last edited by noob; 1st February, 2007 at 04:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!