AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th March, 2002, 07:21 PM

Lokking for the Ultimate

AMD Socket A cooler
I want it be low profile, and low noise, yet keep the cpu sub 50 degrees cel.

I have read this and the AOC EC-CUC-610 CA looks nice, low profile low noise, but not cool enough.

Now I understand that low tempatures usually equal more noise, but there must be some in between
Old 27th March, 2002, 07:34 PM

If you just want to stay sub 50*c then thats acheivable.

Most copper heatsinks with a 80mm fan will be both fairly quiet and give a good temperature.

Going for low profile will limit your choice but you should still be able to get something good.

HEatsink reviews are increadably innacurate and I wouldnt buy any cooler on the basis of one review...especially with all the coolers giving such similar temperatures.

If you give up on your wanting low profile then a lapped taisol 760 is a great cooler..especially when matched up with a quiet 80mm fan.

Why do you need low profile ?

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd April, 2002, 04:49 PM

DemonX,
Go check out the Thermalright AX-7. It is claimed to be the number 1 performer. This cannot be beaten by Alpha Pal8045. Read the reviews of to see what u think. Have fun.
Old 2nd April, 2002, 05:44 PM
AOA Staff

I am messin witrh an AX-7 right now with a 32 cfm ADDA fan on it, and its better than the Volcano7+ and the coolermaster heatpipe, and A LOT quieter
Old 3rd April, 2002, 02:48 AM

hmm well I finally got the replacement fan control thingy for my volacano 7+ so it all good again:-D
Got it on low speed quiet as a whisper and keeps my overclocked 1.3 t-bird at 1.5 under 50 cel
Old 3rd April, 2002, 12:45 PM

I just got the Thermalright AX7. It is not installed yet but is a good looking unit.
I wondered about the talk in these forums about lapping. I wondered if it is truly necessary. It may be with the AX7 as I can see faint machine cuts on the bottom surface of the copper part of the sink.
It seems to me that this cleaning up of the part could have been done by the maker if for no other reason than appearance. It may not affect performance though-maybe.