AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th September, 2007, 04:24 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

If my Senatorial joke failed to display properly on your screen....I'm selling complete explanations to all the jokes in this topic.( I'm selling some of their home address as well!)
For the same modest price I'm also offering the newest release of "Witless" a history of Intel up til now.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th September, 2007, 04:28 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccperf721p View Post
Got this ad from AMD in my mailbox this morning.. OH I think I dare not.

Metasearch Search Engine - Search.com
These guys have never been in a steet fight have they? Their just so far from what is real! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th September, 2007, 05:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

You know, I remember back when sub 1G cpu's were smoking. Getting a geforce 2 and thinking I can play Q2 like no other. It has gotten all too complicated, expensive and somewhat less exciting. Don't get me wrong, I still have the love for the machine, but all this "crap" takes the joy out of being an enthusiast. It just seems like it does not make a difference any more. You never have top of the line any more. At least not for long. Things are just too stinking complicated.

Last edited by Samuknow; 19th September, 2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 19th September, 2007, 05:32 PM

I think alot of the problem is that there just isn't much going on in software development. Gaming for instance, actual gameplay is about the same, a FPS is still a FPS and so on.
Old 19th September, 2007, 05:32 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

And the match ups! You pay a fortune for a card....then....wait.... for the new games, when they finally come out, they want new hard ware!

I went through two or three cpus on my early boards, updated ram, bought new Video cards for them all before I had to start over with a new chip set and motherboard. Now days, I build it and it pretty much sits there until I build another.

My current Asus may be the first in a long time I'll put a newer CPU in...down the road...
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 19th September, 2007, 05:57 PM

My nephew installed WOW on my Biostar 939 6100 board with 512M of memory and a 3000+ at stock. Not once did he complain and the game actually looked pretty good with the onboard video.

Alot of companies tend to take our enjoyment and turn it into the most profitable venture they can.

I get bored with hardware pretty quick, once it's built there isn't anything more I can do with it than I could the last one, then it's time to start on something new. That's the OCD talking there though..
Old 19th September, 2007, 06:16 PM
AOA Staff

I was in netherstorm this morning (WoW) and the chain lightning was draggin my over clocked dual core and 7600GT SLI to its knees, and thats at 1024 with nothing set to max and no AA AF, so I guess it just depends on what is an acceptable lvl of block and chop for each player.

I gave up on trying to keep on the bleeding edge, but I still want smooth immersive gameplay, This rig will do for WoW, but I'm sure the next one I get addicted to will want more
Old 20th September, 2007, 12:47 AM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~ View Post
My current Asus may be the first in a long time I'll put a newer CPU in...down the road...
I'm using the same asus board and its currently on its 3rd and last cpu! (P4 930, E6700, Q6600) time has been kind to this board, the p4 was only in there a month but the E6700 was in there the best part of a year.

Depending on how good the X38's are though it may well be replaced before the cpu.

As for that amd marketing page, ok yeah i dare ... so err now what no further links or anything do they expect me to sit and wait ? If so november the 12th is a far more interesting date
Old 20th September, 2007, 02:53 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlyjoe View Post
I was in netherstorm this morning (WoW) and the chain lightning was draggin my over clocked dual core and 7600GT SLI to its knees, and thats at 1024 with nothing set to max and no AA AF, so I guess it just depends on what is an acceptable lvl of block and chop for each player.

I gave up on trying to keep on the bleeding edge, but I still want smooth immersive gameplay, This rig will do for WoW, but I'm sure the next one I get addicted to will want more
Shatt'rath city + overclocked Athlon64 == 10fps

For some reason its fine on the Core2Duo though.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 20th September, 2007, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
Shatt'rath city + overclocked Athlon64 == 10fps

For some reason its fine on the Core2Duo though.
Oh shut up....LOL
Old 20th September, 2007, 03:46 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton View Post
I'm using the same asus board and its currently on its 3rd and last cpu! (P4 930, E6700, Q6600) time has been kind to this board, the p4 was only in there a month but the E6700 was in there the best part of a year.

Depending on how good the X38's are though it may well be replaced before the cpu.

As for that amd marketing page, ok yeah i dare ... so err now what no further links or anything do they expect me to sit and wait ? If so november the 12th is a far more interesting date
Yeah you got a much earlier start on the P5W DH than I did. I didn't come in until the 6600 were starting to drop in price, I'll probably got right to quad from here.

Keith, will this board do Nvidia SLI or just ATI?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 20th September, 2007, 03:58 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Just Ati's crossfire for now, it seems the only sli intel board so far is the skulltrail one
Old 20th September, 2007, 04:48 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

"for now"... is there hope on the horizon?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 26th September, 2007, 01:58 AM
Member/Contributor

Quote:
Got this ad from AMD in my mailbox this morning.. OH I think I dare not.

Metasearch Search Engine - Search.com
well they've released it, a black edition 5000+ (unlocked) Unlock AMD : Athlonâ„¢ Black Edition
wow im glad i waited
Old 26th September, 2007, 02:06 AM

When you get one let us know so we can run it against some C2D's at the same speed, that way we can get an idea of what they have to offer once clock speeds are up.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 26th September, 2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 26th September, 2007, 03:02 PM
Member/Contributor

Since I run a C2Q I dont think i'll be lowering myself to buying an old chip respun as new. I was actually hoping from there PR that they might actually release somthing worth buying
Old 26th September, 2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
When you get one let us know so we can run it against some C2D's at the same speed, that way we can get an idea of what they have to offer once clock speeds are up.
This MIGHT be the only place it will shine. I guess if the price is low enough and they have fall out on the quads, why not try to make a little cash. I am not sure the enthusiast market will bite. If it is faster than a C2D and cheaper, it might do well maybe in OEM machines or something.
Old 26th September, 2007, 03:07 PM

Aah, I missed the sarcasm in the previous post. Smiley's weren't working for me at the time.

A respin for worked for Intel, but they made the product better so I guess it doesn't count.