AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th November, 2007, 02:14 PM

amd athlon 2700

i'm running a msi k7n2 delta w/ amd 2700 athlon xp and 2.5 gigs of of dimm ram , what can i do to turn it up ...... speed is what i want .....

thanks john
Old 9th November, 2007, 02:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Being an NF2 board you should have some OC room. Look in the BIOS and see if there is any adjustment for the FSB or voltages.

And Welcome to AOA....
Attached Images

Last edited by Samuknow; 9th November, 2007 at 02:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th November, 2007, 03:15 PM

yup i did i changed the setting to high performance and changed the fsb from 166 to 172mhz and it seems to be stable .. with little temp thanks for your info ....
Old 9th November, 2007, 03:37 PM

Can you adjust the FSB directly? That chip should do 200 easily. SHOULD mind you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th November, 2007, 05:13 PM

yeah i can do it directly .. too scared to go above 172hmz .temp nearing 125 F on pcu when i'm play flight sim x ....i have a standard fan and heat riser on board?
Old 9th November, 2007, 05:21 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I wouldn't recommend going any higher with that chip until you get better cooling. I'm not familiar with the MSI board, so I don't know how far it can go. In addition, with NF2 boards you generally want to run the RAM and the CPU bus synchronous (both at the same speed), so you may have to invest in some better memory (don't know what you've got in there now) if you want to push very hard.
Old 9th November, 2007, 05:30 PM

I did not think of temps.....shame on me...

I figured that he had pc3200 so 200 should be easy synchronous. But with those temps it will probably crash.
Old 9th November, 2007, 05:42 PM

yeah i got 2.5 gigs of crucial i'm not sure if its up to it ?
Old 10th November, 2007, 07:05 PM

Things you should know about the nforce2 ultra chipset.

For starters your config with 2.5gb of memory is going to be the most difficult part of your overclock attempt, and I would kindly ask which brand and rated timings they have. If you don't know them make sure you know which kind of memory modules you're using.
The thing with nforce2 is that its memory controller has an increasingly more difficult time with more memory. 1Gb system memory is already making it a lot more difficult, let alone 2.5gb.
Don't be surprised if won't go much further than what you have attempted, but by all means do try. You can't really break anything it just won't boot up, you'll have to reset your bios and try something else.

Also post the rest of your specs. I'll tell you what you should list.

CPU. Take a screeny of CPUZ.exe, I'll post a link below.
Cpu-Z Download - Softpedia

Memory, as I already said
BIOS date and version,
Graphics card chipset,
PSU brand and power,
Operating system.

Also provide both the temperature, at load, for your mobo and CPU. And never ever run your FSB out of synch with your memory. You'll take a huge hit in both performance and stability.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Old 2nd December, 2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me View Post
Things you should know about the nforce2 ultra chipset.

For starters your config with 2.5gb of memory is going to be the most difficult part of your overclock attempt, and I would kindly ask which brand and rated timings they have. If you don't know them make sure you know which kind of memory modules you're using.
The thing with nforce2 is that its memory controller has an increasingly more difficult time with more memory. 1Gb system memory is already making it a lot more difficult, let alone 2.5gb.
Don't be surprised if won't go much further than what you have attempted, but by all means do try. You can't really break anything it just won't boot up, you'll have to reset your bios and try something else.

Also post the rest of your specs. I'll tell you what you should list.

CPU. Take a screeny of CPUZ.exe, I'll post a link below.
Cpu-Z Download - Softpedia

Memory, as I already said
BIOS date and version,
Graphics card chipset,
PSU brand and power,
Operating system.

Also provide both the temperature, at load, for your mobo and CPU. And never ever run your FSB out of synch with your memory. You'll take a huge hit in both performance and stability.
what he said. my two NF2 boards have 2x256 Corsair. yours could, COULD, clock to 200fsb. if my memory serves me right, the 2700 is a 166/333fsb cpu. if I am wrong and I can be, 133/266 will have a harder time with 200/400fsb.quality memory can underclock/overclock 33mHZ fairly easy. so it would help to know more system specs.

Ron

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dabaerman; 2nd December, 2007 at 01:40 AM.