AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th October, 2001, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel ~
Things don't get much better Phiber, I'm 53 and my spending is frozen until god knows when, try singing, that's what I do! ":O}
HEHE, I am 44 and in the same boat as Daniel, without a paddle
eVGA 6800 GT.
350 w Sparkle PS.

XFIRE= rottys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 03:14 AM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Lionfish

HEHE, I am 44 and in the same boat as Daniel, without a paddle
My uncle has a spare outboard motor if you're interested

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th October, 2001, 03:36 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

Quote:
Things don't get much better Phiber, I'm 53 and my spending is frozen until god knows when, try singing, that's what I do! ":O}
no i cant sing my parents would think i am on crack
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 11th October, 2001, 04:09 AM

I can buy whatever I want whenever I want its just tring to find the money to buy it with ,and banks are funny when it comes to giving you money they always want to know what its for and they dont think a new processor is worthy of a loan is that just crazy or what ,dont they know ? its a new processor i mean come on ,oh and they also want more money than you borrow and when are you going to pay it back ,as soon as I can doesnt work either so ... I guess I am in kinda the same boat but my freeze is on the pocket book
Old 11th October, 2001, 05:14 AM

Sorry to here about your loss! I heard about the L1's being tough, but I didn't realize they were going to be that tough. I have to admit, I'm kinda disappointed about AMD's decision to embed the L1's.
Old 11th October, 2001, 05:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

yeah, they went from:

"we'll never multiplier-lock our cpus."

to:

"whoops.. seems like we did..." and the pencil trick,

to:

"damn them for finding a way around our last effort.. let's make it bl00dy impossible!".

gits.

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Old 11th October, 2001, 05:50 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by proze
yeah, they went from:

"we'll never multiplier-lock our cpus."

to:

"whoops.. seems like we did..." and the pencil trick,

to:

"damn them for finding a way around our last effort.. let's make it bl00dy impossible!".

gits.
You know Proze, I'm beginning to think that AMD, never really loved us. I feel used and discarded.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 11th October, 2001, 05:56 AM

Quote:
You know Proze, I'm beginning to think that AMD, never really loved us. I feel used and discarded.
I just don't understand the point of it. Is it because we found away around the L1's on the T-Bird. I've been looking forward to these chips for a long time, but I'm not so sure now!

Last edited by JAWS; 11th October, 2001 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:35 AM

Send a message via MSN to Spode

I completley disagree with you lot!

Why do we overclock? A CHALLENGE. And they give us a new challenge each time!!!! what more could we want.
Old 11th October, 2001, 07:47 AM

Believe me, I love the experimenting and the challenges that come from overclocking. ( have the dead chips and m/b's to show it) I just hope there's a safer way to unlock it. I would hate to destroy a $250+ chip. AMD should have left well enough alone!

Last edited by JAWS; 11th October, 2001 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11th October, 2001, 09:19 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Spode
I completley disagree with you lot!

Why do we overclock? A CHALLENGE. And they give us a new challenge each time!!!! what more could we want.
Uh, less of a challange? LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 11th October, 2001, 02:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to TranceBear Send a message via AIM to TranceBear Send a message via Yahoo to TranceBear

I am with Proze, I will not give up too easy, I enjoy a challange and my goal for 2ghz on air is still alive and well. Chip #2 is in the lab and ready for a new round of ideas to fill in the Grand Canyon.
Old 11th October, 2001, 03:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

With the PCI dividers coming on some of the newer boards, you don't really have to unlock the chips anyway.

TranceBear, why fill the canyon, when you can eliminate it? Sandpaper my man, sandpaper . . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 11th October, 2001, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
With the PCI dividers coming on some of the newer boards, you don't really have to unlock the chips anyway.

TranceBear, why fill the canyon, when you can eliminate it? Sandpaper my man, sandpaper . . . .
Does a PCI divider also divide the RAM frequencies?
Asus GeForce2 MX 191/221MHz (Mem/Core)
45 Gig IBM HD

Old 19th October, 2001, 06:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Quote:
Originally posted by phiber
man u people are lucky
i can get a XP only when i can upgrade in MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless i won one free which i prolly wont this really SUCKS!!! can i have the keychain? at least i will have some type of Athlon XP even if it dont work

i cant get one till march because my parents froze my buying of computer parts unless i win it i am doomed!!!!!!!
Peps think im rich cause i buy all dis ****z, and i have a few cars- and my own house--- and im 17--- i get all my cash from computers and websites. YESH-- oh welll- ive already ordered a new Xp Palamino 1.53 and epox mb--

Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 19th October, 2001, 12:22 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyder462

Peps think im rich cause i buy all dis ****z, and i have a few cars- and my own house--- and im 17--- i get all my cash from computers and websites. YESH-- oh welll- ive already ordered a new Xp Palamino 1.53 and epox mb--

Spyder
Well, if you're not rich you're very lucky.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 19th October, 2001, 06:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

Quote:

Spyder
alrighty then....

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Old 19th October, 2001, 10:45 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:

Spyder
Bully for you.

I am thinking about Trance Bear saying he wants to get to 2.0GHz on air and have this to post - my most valiant and fully stable (specview loops) attempt to yet at 1.85v VccCore and 2.70v VDimm with an MTS Glaciaotr on 8KHA .....

(PS - you guys should use gif's - they are as small as jpegs but clearer for this kind of thing)
Old 19th October, 2001, 10:46 PM
EPoX Tech

Quote:

Spyder
Bully for you.

I am thinking about Trance Bear saying he wants to get to 2.0GHz on air and have this to post - my most valiant and fully stable (specview loops) attempt to yet at 1.85v VccCore and 2.70v VDimm with an MTS Glaciator on 8KHA ..... I don't think 2.0GHz is acheivable (My BIOS reports Athlon 2000+ for this)

(PS - you guys should use gif's - they are as small as jpegs but clearer for this kind of thing)
Attached Thumbnails
My journey begins with the XP 1800+-pal146.gif  
Old 19th October, 2001, 10:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

I'm waiting for dot 13 XPs B4 I get another CPU probably.

Well it kinda depends. I might get an SMP board another Morgan 1GHz, and get a dot 18 XP for my EP-8KHA+, if I've got the cash to blow when a good SMP board comes out and I think it's worth it price:performance wise.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah