AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th July, 2014, 08:19 PM

Can't enter BIOS setup using Del key on my DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert motherboard

I've got this legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LANParty UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic parts from bots sides , bought this baby really cheap ~ 55 $ from well known Romanian e-bay like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core processor ( yeah,THAT one! ) and some KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig.Here is my problem now:I know this board is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif and the onboard speaker beeps only ONCE which I know is a good thing http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif but after that I cannot enter BIOS to setup as I need because Del key on my PS2 ( and I tried with USB keyboard,too ) keyboard is NOT working as it should I press the key and the result is 0 nada nothing http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/mad.gif , first I see the boot logo from DFI after that I see "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press F1 sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use boot menu selection using Esc key to select HDD,CD-ROM or some other options like floppy disk or USB stick boot and this board can actually boot using CD/DVD I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem here actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST, please help me to solve this problem with my mobo.
Old 17th August, 2014, 06:55 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Sounds like your CMOS battery might be low. The fact that it is always pops the CMOS Checksum Error message suggest that it's either the battery or the CMOS itself is bad. I've actually seen the situation you describe caused by exactly this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!