AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th July, 2014, 11:48 AM

Cannot enter BIOS setup using Del key - DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI_DR Expert motherboard

I've recently bought a legendary socket 939 motherboard DFI LP UT SLI-DR Expert chipset nForce4 SLI almost new only one SATA port is somewhat messed up missing those plastic yellow parts from both sides , bought this baby really cheap ~ 55 $ from quite well known Romanian e-bay-like site okazii.ro , and I put it on my FX-60 dual core ( yeah,THAT one! ) and some cheap KINGSTON value memory and tried to boot my rig.Here is my problem now:the motherboard is working those 4 red diagnostic LEDS start 4,3,2 next only one left so no "4 LEDs of death" syndrome for me http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif and the onboard speaker beeps ONCE which I know is always a good thing http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif but I cannot enter BIOS to setup things there as I need Del key on my PS2 keyboard is NOT working as it should I press the key and the result is 0 nada nothing http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/mad.gif - I used another USB keyboard , too , first I see the boot screen from DFI after that I see these messages "CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded , press F1 to continue or Del to enter setup" and when I press F1 sometimes I see this message "Verifying Pool Data and Backup CMOS OK!" and other times I see "Sil3114 SATA RAID Press Ctrl-S or F4 to enter RAID utility".One more thing to add is that I can actually use the boot menu selection using Esc key to select HDD , CD-ROM or some other option there like USB stick to boot and this board actually can boot using CD / DVD because I already tried UBCD rescue CD and some Linux live distros to see if it's not a problem with my FX-60 processor or with my memory and I'm happy that it is working well is all good no problem here actually I've seen it's name and working frequency ~ 2616 Mhz at POST, please help me to solve this problem with my mobo.
Old 31st July, 2014, 10:25 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA, vladv! Fingers are crossed that a Member will notice your problem and give you a hand with it. Sorry, it's been too long since I had an AMD rig.
Old 1st August, 2014, 09:18 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Can someone give vladv a hand with his DFI LanParty UT NF4 etc mainboard please? Thank you!!
Old 6th August, 2014, 09:44 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If anyone's at home please give vladv a hand. Thank you!
Old 8th August, 2014, 02:50 AM
Irreverent Query Chairman

If I understand correctly, your PS2 KB doesn't seem to be working properly, so you replaced it with a USB KB that isn't seen at all by the system.

Have you tried the PS2 KB in another machine to see if it's good?

Do you have another PS2 KB you can try in its place?
#1: Tt Armor, ASUS Maximus Extreme, QX9650@4.1G, 8G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000, Corsair HX1050, H2O-Swiftech, Gigabyte GTX470/Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II, Intel 520 SSD, Kingston SSD, 2xRaptor 150G RAID0, Win 7 Pro 64
#2: Tt Shark, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600@3.8G, 4G HyperX-1600, Corsair HX850, CoolerMaster V10, 2xASUS 9600GT, 2xRaptor 74G RAID0, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Gentoo/siduction Linux [64-bit]
#3, #4: Opteron 170@2.75G nude, A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gentoo

AOA Folding @HomeOur sister site: www.gamersonlinux.com

Last edited by ThunderRd; 8th August, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!