AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st July, 2002, 11:54 PM

I use a finel house paint brush, but only after I unplugg the PC. Never had a proble so far, and I've been doing that a long time.
Maybe I'm just lucky, who knows ? Afterall, I wash my CPU with water and soap to clean the AS away and no problems there either. But don't try this at home
Old 2nd July, 2002, 02:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to unclemojo

You have to be careful of the canned air sometimes because moisture builds up and can shoot out of the nozzle. It's not a lot, but you should let the board sit for a bit before you start firing things up. Also, a horse hair paintbrush might be a good idea. Its a bit stiff, but works wonders on the back panel of the mobo in those hard to reach areas. If all else fails, you can literally spray it with water. You'll just have to let it dry thoroughly. I've cleaned my vid and sound cards un my sink before (no soap of course) and they have never developed a problem. Well the MX400 vid card it getting beat up from the OC;ing, but other than that.....