AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st July, 2002, 03:10 AM

Send a message via ICQ to unclemojo

I just updated my sig to show some more improvements on the 1600+ AGOIA's. Though mine's not a screaming 180 to 200 FSB, this is all done with aircooling on an alluminum glaciator with a delta 38. Sure, it's hot at 50* full load, but hell, the chip can take it, I'm sure. Its the mem bottlenecking me (and the unlocking dealio too Was (still am) too cruddy feeling to mess with it. Got Tonsilitis (sick boy icon maybe?) I'm going to unlock it thie seek at some point, so maybe we'll se a little higher before heat kills me. Should be getting a new HSF soon tho, so that will help a LOT!
Old 2nd July, 2002, 07:39 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

I can't seem to get mine over the 1750 hump. I get the BSOD on anything over 166 x 10.5. Could it be my $13 video card?

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd July, 2002, 07:52 PM

well, mookydooky, it could be that $13 vid card, but my MX400 is holding strong ($25). I've had issues with NIC's holding me back at times. May want to check that out also.
Old 2nd July, 2002, 07:55 PM
AOA Staff

Hmmm. Could be although I've never had a problem with this particular NIC. I'll swap it out for another and try again.

AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd July, 2002, 08:58 PM

I used to have a Falleron and a NetGear that wouldnt get me passed 155 for some reason. I use a generic, el cheapo cNet NIC and could get it up to 171 on my old SDRAM board. My mem's holding me back on this rig tho...160 seems to be the limit for now.
Old 4th July, 2002, 04:11 PM
AOA Staff

All right! Got it to 1796. Turns out that my HD was crapping out at anything over 166 so I dropped it to ATA66. I think with a couple more tweaks, 1800 shouldn't be a problem.

AOA Team fah

Old 4th July, 2002, 04:14 PM
AOA Staff

I think I may now be having a PSU issue. My 5V line is starting to dip below 4.5V at 1796.

AOA Team fah

Old 4th July, 2002, 07:38 PM
AOA Staff

Dropped the memory timings a but and now it's at 1807. I think my memory is now holding me back. It's Crucial and those suk compared to Sammies.

Oh yeah, this is all with a $12 Thermaltake HSF. Temps are around 47-48.

AOA Team fah

Old 4th July, 2002, 09:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Wow. I love this new XP1800+ AGOIA It does 1.8GHz with a simple Volcano 7 and a Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard. I can't wait to see what it does with a EPoX 8K3A+

And the temp's are about 45-48C under load (80mm exit fan, 92mm & 80mm fans on PSU, 80mm V7 fan)
Old 5th July, 2002, 02:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Intrepid6546

My AGOIA 2000+ on my Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard is stable at 1750(1.75V) but not at 1800(1.85V). How can I get mine stable at 1800? I'tll run at 1800 fine, but not for a long time before the computer freezes or restarts. Should I try using a lower multiplier?

Old 5th July, 2002, 02:54 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid6546
My AGOIA 2000+ on my Abit KR7A-RAID motherboard is stable at 1750(1.75V) but not at 1800(1.85V). How can I get mine stable at 1800? I'tll run at 1800 fine, but not for a long time before the computer freezes or restarts. Should I try using a lower multiplier?
Could be a bunch of reasons. You just have to tweak it. The computer locking up all of a sudden is usually symptomatic of your memory crapping out. Try upping to voltage or lowering the memory timings on your board. Another problem could be with your PSU. With all the stuff you've got on your rig, your CPU might not be getting enough juice. Also, what kind of temps are you getting, it's possible that you're running too hot and you need better cooling.

EDIT: BTW, how is the Abit KR7A-R? I just got one cause the place ran out of my favorite board, the EPoX 8KHA+.

AOA Team fah

Last edited by mookydooky; 5th July, 2002 at 03:05 AM.
Old 5th July, 2002, 07:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

My XP1800+ (AGOIA) can take it up to 1.75GHz stablely, but after that, it BSoD's. The problem has got to be my RAM. So, I am buying a EPoX 8K3A+ and 256MB of either PC3200 or PC2700 2GHz, here I come! (With water, not air. Right now it's hitting 1.8GHz with air, but crashes after about 3 hours.)
Old 5th July, 2002, 12:59 PM

Most I've been able to do with mine so far was an unnstable 1764 (168x10.5) The OCZ was timed weak as heck, and couldn't remain stable at the higher FSB, so I took a HUGE performance hit, but I did manage to get the 1.7 mark. Gonna unlock it and smal an AX-7 on there and hit 1.8 no probs. These suckers are smokers!
Old 5th July, 2002, 02:26 PM
AOA Staff

1807 is perfectly stable for me. I ran F@H, CPU Burn, and Sandra Burn-In at the same time for about 13 hours without a crash. With all that running the temp shoots up to 53C, but it's stable. I think the CPU can do more, and I'm starting to think that it's either my PSU or the memory that's stopping me. I have some Samsung 2700 and I'll swap it with that to see if I can get anymore. As a last resort I'll swap the PSU which is always a PITA.

AOA Team fah

Old 5th July, 2002, 09:03 PM

My XP1800+ is runnning at 152x11.5 (1.85v) right now, because it was crashing higher. It's my RAM. I am happy with 1.75GHz, and it doesn't run much hotter (3C) then at stock 1.53GHz. Once I get the EPoX 8K3A+ and new RAM (Either PC2700, or PC3200) I should be able to hit 1.9GHz to 2GHz with my watercooler.
Old 6th July, 2002, 01:20 AM

yeah, I don't think you can complain when you're running 1.7GHz, thats for sure. I mean how fast does it really need to be? Untill my system scratches my back for me, I can't really see the need for anything over say 2GHz. And thats just a warm and fuzzy number. I guess I just like to see the humbers increased from the default settings...could I be an OC addict? (I think we all are in one way or another, hehe)
Old 6th July, 2002, 01:32 AM
AOA Staff

Hey, you never know when you need that spreadsheet calculation .1 seconds faster.

AOA Team fah

Old 6th July, 2002, 01:37 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Just got my AGOIA 1600+, Right off the bat she's doing 1750 (10.5x166). I don't have any need to unlock her at this rate. I may even push the FSB a bit more, after I get my son's new sys built. He's inheriting my old first stepping 1600+.
Old 6th July, 2002, 05:34 PM
AOA Staff

Updated the BIOS on my 8KHA+. Now I can get 1817 perfectly stable. I'm not resting though until I can 1900. It may go up by tiny tiny steps, but it's gonna get there.

EDIT: I still don't understand how this rig is still running with the 5V line dipping below 4.5V. The lowest I've seen it on any of my other machines was 4.7V. Anything below that and it used to crash.
Attached Images

AOA Team fah

Last edited by mookydooky; 6th July, 2002 at 07:16 PM.
Old 6th July, 2002, 07:27 PM

wow...4.49 is super low. Mine would crash out for sure that low. Only a 300W Antec. My 'I Need' list is growing quickly again. I guess the only thing I really ned is a new vid card, but better memory would be real nice. I've settled at 160 fsb just to keep it smooth. Any higher is gets a little goofy. Guess its time to get the new EPoX bios and mess around some more