AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st August, 2002, 09:28 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Samuknow
Ok, now you've done it. I want to start planning to build an Epox/AXP system. My wife is gonna kill me and if she can find you, you guys too. Where is the best place to find an Epox system? I like to try to find everything I need all in one site to save on shipping. Having probs finding Epox. I will have to sell my system to pay for this but oh well.
newegg has 1600+ for under $70.. Latest steppings. Many of us have gotten AGOIAs recently, and Uncle bob even got an AROIA(?).
They have good prices for Epox boards as well... take your pick.
Old 1st August, 2002, 11:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Ok, off I go.

Basically Pinky I am looking for a place I can get everything I need for a system at one place.

\Thanks guys
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th August, 2002, 08:41 AM

I got all My stuff from www.Dabs.com

From what I have seen not badly priced and they are quite quick with delivery.

I order monitor, CPU, PSU and it all arrived next day.
Old 9th August, 2002, 09:25 AM

dabs are one of the most expensive places to buy computer parts at, there are only tow worse places to buy stuff from, simple and pcworld, they are terribly overpriced.

Only reason i've ever brought from dabs is because i thought it would be fun to order some diet coke, workplace warning signs(like restricted area and the likes) and some mars bars. They are quite well priced ofr a computer store when it comes ot the food and drink, thats cos they are the only place to sell the stuff.

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th August, 2002, 10:40 AM

when i got my monitor, CPU and PSU.

I checked with:

www.komplett.co.uk
www.dabs.co.uk
www.coolcasemods.com
www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk
www.ebuyer.co.uk

and dabs was the better of all of them.

I have used all the others but price wise dabs was cheaper this time round.

Old 9th August, 2002, 12:17 PM

I don't think i've ever found any of that stuff cheaper at dabs, ccm and ocs are very expensive, but komplett and ebuyer rock. At the moment komplett do the cheapest CPUs, and somewhere else has a couple even cheaper£52 ofr a 1800+, komplett do £59 and dabs are £76.

Maybe it was a while ago that they did stuff cheaper.

But i do like the ability to order everything for my addictions at once, caffeine, expensive computer parts, chocolate. Tis great.

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Old 9th August, 2002, 03:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Quote:
Originally posted by drunken_master
I don't think i've ever found any of that stuff cheaper at dabs, ccm and ocs are very expensive, but komplett and ebuyer rock. At the moment komplett do the cheapest CPUs, and somewhere else has a couple even cheaper£52 ofr a 1800+, komplett do £59 and dabs are £76.

Maybe it was a while ago that they did stuff cheaper.

But i do like the ability to order everything for my addictions at once, caffeine, expensive computer parts, chocolate. Tis great.

It's great to find the best deals on each component. I have found it cheaper however to find the place that offers the overall lowest price due to shipping charges. If you buy each part at a different place shipping will kill ya.
Old 9th August, 2002, 11:11 PM

there seems to be about £10 pounds diff on the CPU and the other stuff was only slightly higher

I wanted the stuff ASAP.......

Which means you go with people who offer the bits faster for slightly more....

I dont mind paying more if I get very good service...

Everything I have ordered from dabs has come next day....

what more could you ask for...

Old 10th August, 2002, 12:38 AM

ordered stuff from microdirect, phoned at about 4pm, they went to check stock, phoned me back 2 mins later. Then i paid, and was here about 9am next morning, me in london, them in manchester.

Can't really say better than that.

However, i too would pay a little more if it was the only place that had something in stock, but several people i know, and ihave had very hard time getting stuff DOA returned, they were very awkard and rude, even though i wrote on delivery signing that package had been damaged, and a the obx was jst trashed, a bit of pcb off a gfx card was broken, and they gave me a hard time.

I won't be doing buisness with them from now on, although the previous order with my diet coke aswell came fine.

Watercooled, kinda!!!
Old 10th August, 2002, 09:54 AM

had not used Microdirect....do they deliver to a different address than the billing one..??
Old 10th August, 2002, 12:05 PM

I've never needed to find out but i think almost everywhere will now, some of them ask for a faxed over bill for your house hold, so you can prove you live there. Something like that.

Watercooled, kinda!!!