AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th August, 2002, 04:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to nfrenay

Unhappy Will it happen ?

Okay... I have to make this public...

I've bought this motherboard expecting top performance with top stability. So far I'm getting what I want with BIOS 2312 and WPCREDIT tweaks. What I and lots of people don't understand is WHY can't we get CPU Command Decode options in BIOS ?
I'm pretty sure it's not difficult to implement and I think everyone here would like to at least test the latest BIOS (with their improvements) and the Fast CPU Command Decode enabled, as this should be very fast. Even if it's unstable I think we have the right to test this right ?

I'm almost loosing hope on Epox.

IF I were able to BUY a BIOS Savior I would surely try to mod the BIOS to enabled the famous feature but as I'm not an expert and I don't have the tools Epox have, it's probable that I will never see the option enabled on newer BIOS.

So: Epox Tech: WHY don't Epox simply add the option in BIOS menu like all the other manufacturers do ?!?!?
Can't you tell them that there is people wanting to see a simple option in BIOS that every other motherboard in middle-high level have ?

What's the point on having BIOS with the feature disabled and then you have to run 200+FSB to compensate the lack of it ? And at 200FSB you face HD corruption, AGP corruption and also extra useless stress on memory (needing more voltage).

Sorry if my post was offensive, but I'm just very disappointed.

Also, as off-topic: what voltages does the KT333 chipset run from ? Are they generated on the mobo ?
- 512Mb Kingston Hyper-X PC2700 @ 2-2-6-2-1 @ 198MHz @ 2.67V
- MSI GF4 Ti4400 VIVO
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th August, 2002, 06:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to retrospooty

Re: Will it happen ?

Quote:
Originally posted by nfrenay

What I and lots of people don't understand is WHY can't we get CPU Command Decode options in BIOS ?
I think everyone here would like to at least test the latest BIOS (with their improvements) and the Fast CPU Command Decode enabled, as this should be very fast. Even if it's unstable I think we have the right to test this right ?
I'll second that , It would be nice if we could at least get an answer. I mean I know why they disabled it (so we could overclock more) but since the function worked in the first place it should not have been taken away, it should have been an OPTION to take it away.

I do Tech support for a software company and it is our biggest gripe too. We change an existing feature in a new version for a few customers request and we piss off the other 90% of the customers for changing a perfectly good thing without asking if it was wanted or not. I am always touting the simple philosopy if you are going to make a change make it an optional change to not alienate your customers.

Its tough to say for sure if I'll buy Epox again next round. If I had the next gen mobo from Epox and the newer bios lowered my performanec I think I would explode ! And I love my motherboard.

Last edited by retrospooty; 6th August, 2002 at 06:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th August, 2002, 10:44 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Re: Will it happen ?

Quote:
Originally posted by nfrenay
Okay... I have to make this public...

So: Epox Tech: WHY don't Epox simply add the option in BIOS menu like all the other manufacturers do ?!?!?
Can't you tell them that there is people wanting to see a simple option in BIOS that every other motherboard in middle-high level have ?

You know it's Epox you are talking about and that's why things taking a bit longer than usual

:nervous:
Old 6th August, 2002, 03:06 PM
Banned

It would at least be nice to know if its coming... like if they are even working on it. Not a release date, but at least an acknowledgement that it is coming or not.
Old 6th August, 2002, 03:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Quote:
Originally posted by retrospooty
It would at least be nice to know if its coming... like if they are even working on it. Not a release date, but at least an acknowledgement that it is coming or not.
You did not see my irony?! - I know as much as you know..
Old 7th August, 2002, 06:57 AM
Banned

Am i trippin' ? Or was this thread moved to a different forum ? LOL censored again !
Old 7th August, 2002, 08:15 AM

nice to see you retrospooty.
hey hey guys don't fight... if ya(not you retrospooty) want fast CPU decode, there is one. It's BIOS 2312. BIOS 2312 is the fast CPU decode. heehee!!.. works for me..
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.