AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:08 AM

My Epox8K3A (No raid) w/ BIOS 2312@ 189 FSB gives me....

http://portfolio.iu.edu/skrska/5725-4404-1292.png

So far, from what I've been seeing, there are no other boards on this planet earth beat my memory score in the PCMark2002 in mhz to mhz, FSB to FSB..
Not bad huh? huh?.. Unless... someone else post higher score at the same Multi x FSB....
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 9th August, 2002 at 01:16 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:15 AM
Banned

If you were to take 2 minutes, and read the thread from start to finish, you would find, yes Im a self-righteous (as mookydooky pointed out) Im not very good at expressing my opinion Nicely.

I did not call anybody names, I was not deliberately mean to anyone, I followed some set of common courtesy. Only when the common courtesy was broken by "The Owner" if you can believe that , then I briefly became a little hostile, now I know none of you will bother reading back, none of you will see what his post was saying to me, he cant do no wrong.

He put things in not such a nice way, then I did, and mine werent too bad at that.

Thanx for the comment: mookydooky your 100% right

Southern Man: good damage control

SPQQKY: yes hot headed sorry.
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by whatever
My Epox8K3A (No raid) w/ BIOS 2312@ 189 FSB gives me....

http://portfolio.iu.edu/skrska/5725-4404-1292.png

So far, from what I've been seeing, there are no other boards on this planet beat my memory score in the PCMark2002 in mhz to mhz, FSB to FSB..
Not bad huh? huh?.. Unless... someone else post higher score at the same Multi x FSB....
Nice numbers not familiar with pcmark2002 numbers though, you have some sandra mem scores? What core you using Xp1600 ?
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:28 AM

thanks...
i don't belive in Sandra Memory or any Sandra bench stuff any more.. I get low Sandra memory scores but performs better in real-world apps/ games/ 3dmarks etc.. yes.. the 2312 sandra memory scored better than newer bios... i don't have a sandra bench@ 189FSB but.. I get in the 2800+ range at 186 fsb.. not much.. but it just rocks in games.

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 9th August, 2002 at 01:35 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:30 AM
Banned

Whoops sorry didnt see sig xp2100, Ill run that tonight see what I come up with.
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:38 AM

yeah please post it here.. I wanna see... also, anybody else post ya scores. . Post the compare link (screeny optional).

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.

Last edited by whatever; 9th August, 2002 at 01:40 AM.
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Srry i was rude replying to this thread at first- our nice epox tech has been getting hell lately and some of us are tired of it- Good Luck!
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:52 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

My first two posts to you Deanril :

Alas poor EPoX! They are losing customers NO board manufacture wants!

People who expect what they have no right to expect, then go crying from forum to forum.

Making some of the lamest consumer threats I've ever heard!

You and your fellows are going to spread the word and put them out of business??? ROTFLMAO!!

Dude, it's not EPoX whose in trouble here, it's you! There are others like you?! Well DOH! That's why teaching hardware forums exist!

The difference between you and the vast majority is that they don't expect the world to fall on it's face because you can't deal with the KNOWN limitations ANY board brings to the table.

What am I? the twentieth guy to tell you this?

I'm not sure you realize that EVERY board ever made produces a SERIES of BIOSes.

In time EPoX may pull off what you want, if they do it won't have a thing to do with crying and whinning and making what are really rather unintelligent threats by people who can't seem to understand the process even when it's explained to them.

For every guy such as your self who can't seem to either read nor understand "Use at your own risk" There are a 100 who understand what BETA means and work within the limitations implied, often with great results, sometimes not, THAT'S what BETA means, some times not!

Re-read this thread and ask yourself if it isn't time for you to grow a little and at lest try and understand what your being REPEATEDLY told.

The fault here is none but your own.

2nd. post to you:

Actually no. It sounds like someone who doesn't blame the manufacturer but works with the board to gain what there is to be had. You see that's the whole point. HE understands that trade offs are the name of the game. He'd like more, who wouldn't.

But he's not blaming EPoX for serving the majority of it's customers well. Or for making decisions they feel are right for the board. Missing is the arrogance which presumes to tell EPoX how to best serve it's customers.

It's cool to say I want this or that. We all want this or that. You want a Chevy buy a Chevy, don't carp because it's not a Ford!

I could care less about things that are vital to another. I look for a board that suits MY needs. Which may not be in the lest the board for you. Does that make either of us wrong?

Does that make my board manufacturer more responsive to my needs than yours? Most people love this board and work with it's limitations.

By the way I haven't bought a new board in over a year and so haven't got an EPoX. But I read these forums day in and day out and would not hesitated to do so.

P.S. I'm not saying your a dumb ****, I'm saying you've taken a dumb approach to this issue, one you might easy correct. You probably know more about Overclocking than I do, most folks here do!

But you could learn something here if you have a mind to.....

Your responce:

"You must be the Brainiack infinate wisdom Mod who moved My Epox mobo thread into AMD motherboards, yeah I really want to thank you for doing that, allthough it made absolutely no sense what so ever"

Maybe YOU should take two minutes to.... You really don't have to be this big an ass do you?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 9th August, 2002 at 01:58 AM.
Old 9th August, 2002, 01:57 AM

Daniel, relax... and run some PCMark2002 with me? heehee!!.. I wanna see some scores ya...

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
Old 9th August, 2002, 02:00 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Good advice LOL Wish I had the time! Do you see any consistent discrepancies between the two bench marks?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 9th August, 2002, 02:04 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
If you were to take 2 minutes, and read the thread from start to finish, you would find, yes Im a self-righteous (as mookydooky pointed out) Im not very good at expressing my opinion Nicely.

I did not call anybody names, I was not deliberately mean to anyone, I followed some set of common courtesy. Only when the common courtesy was broken by "The Owner" if you can believe that , then I briefly became a little hostile, now I know none of you will bother reading back, none of you will see what his post was saying to me, he cant do no wrong.

He put things in not such a nice way, then I did, and mine werent too bad at that.

Thanx for the comment: mookydooky your 100% right

Southern Man: good damage control

SPQQKY: yes hot headed sorry.

Ok, I took the 2 minutes to reread the thread. It seems to me that you reacted to Daniel~'s first post a rashly. I think Daniel~ was trying to be helpful and I think you misunderstood it as criticism. Daniel~ then said you should stay out of the EPoX forum (the main reason for that is that the EPoX Tech here would just ignore it and might even be offended which I can understand), then you called him a "brainiack." I think it was at that point that things really went downhill. Regardless, I'm not trying to lay blame on anyone. If it looks like I'm blaming you, I'm not. Things happen in the heat of discussion and everything looks cool now. The mobo thing is an issue which I'm sure EPoX is well aware of. Whether they do anything about it...we'll see how seriously they take customer satisfaction. BTW I don't have one of these boards, but I am very happy with all 4 of my 8KHA+'s. I have an Abit AT7 which uses the same chipset as the 8K3A and I can't seem to get it over 170, not enough VDimm for my PC2100 Crucial RAM.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 9th August, 2002, 02:20 AM
Banned

'People who expect what they have no right to expect, then go crying from forum to forum"

OK first off calling me a baby here, then saying I have no right to expect a bug free bios with similar performance as the original.

"Making some of the lamest consumer threats I've ever heard!"

I threatoned no one, or no company, I explained reality, maybe not as you see it but as the people who buy these boards do.

"You and your fellows are going to spread the word and put them out of business??? ROTFLMAO"

stereo typing me with others who complain, laughing it up at my expense

"Dude, it's not EPoX whose in trouble here, it's you! There are others like you?! Well DOH! That's why teaching hardware forums exist!"

Telling me that Im ignorant because Epox has no problem only I and the others who constantly complain have problems, telling me that his forum will teach me as if Im a newby dont no anything , would put a floppy in backwards if given the oportunity.

"The difference between you and the vast majority is that they don't expect the world to fall on it's face because you can't deal with the KNOWN limitations ANY board brings to the table."

Assuming I knew when I bought the board that the bios's from then on would all be castrated, basicly saying again Im ignorant if I cant get my mem scores the same as the rest of the KT333 boards.

"What am I? the twentieth guy to tell you this?"

Assuming I constantly complain, Im a complainer, when infact this is my very very first on any board about a piece of hardware I own.

"I'm not sure you realize that EVERY board ever made produces a SERIES of BIOSes"

Again saying Im ignorant dont know how bios's work, they fix it slows.

"In time EPoX may pull off what you want, if they do it won't have a thing to do with crying and whinning and making what are really rather unintelligent threats by people who can't seem to understand the process even when it's explained to them."

Crying and whinning , wtf??

Thats enough I could go on and on, Im sure Daniel is sick of this complaint in HIS forums, I know where he is coming from. But he let loose on me first. I dont care how you look at it.

My Complaint was meant to be 1 post, so et can put a little mental tick mark in his head and hopefully after so many tick marks he would take the time to stroll down to the bios department and say look guys we need to do something here.

Its not that Im not willing to listen or be helped, Im not asking for anybodys help, Im asking for a new bios, and as a customer who bought an EPOX mobo who are you to tell me I dont have that right?

"People who expect what they have no right to expect"

Does Epox have a Forum?? If so can you give me a link please??

If they dont have a Forum then they are using you, and to protect ET isnt relevant.
Old 9th August, 2002, 02:23 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Damn! You still here? LOL
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 9th August, 2002 at 02:25 AM.
Old 9th August, 2002, 02:37 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
...If they dont have a Forum then they are using you, and to protect ET isnt relevant...
Ok, I can see how you felt slighted. This part though, is wrong. The ET is here completely on his own time as a volunteer. He is not paid by EPoX to scan our forum and answer questions. He does it because he himself is also an enthusiast and enjoys helping others get the most out of their machines. He is also at the same time bound by various non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) with his employer which limit the range of his answers. The only reason he's here is because he chooses to be here. He can just as easily unchoose to be here at which point we would have no other recourse concerning overclocking since EPoX (like every other mobo manufacturer) will not officially support it.

Let me ask you; if you were to volunteer your free time to help a group of like minded people out, but all you got was grief over and over concerning the same thing (this particular topic has been well covered in the EPoX section) would you continue to volunteer?

The ET over at amdmb.com is no more. They haven't had one for about 4 months now. My guess is that the ET over there just got tired of putting up with the same **** over and over again and just stopped. We don't want the same thing happening over here.

Listen Deanril, you sound like you know your stuff. You could probably be a valuable addition to our forum with your knowledge and experience. If you could just lighten up a bit, then maybe you would also get a little more respect. If you need help lightening up, take a look at the joke forum. Look at my sig for the link.

AOA Team fah

Last edited by mookydooky; 9th August, 2002 at 02:41 AM.
Old 9th August, 2002, 03:05 AM
AOA Staff

One last thing, if you feel like ranting, check this section out.

AOA Team fah

Old 9th August, 2002, 03:38 AM
Banned

Thanx mookydooky for showing me the light, once again.

And do you know this dream girl?? whats the story there?

As drunken_master said "I assume you mean the cpu fast decode option" Exactly.

2312 had it no others as far as I know do. Yet the others have the fixes. Now mobo companies do put things in bios's sometimes they hide them a little, like behind 2 selections, that way the people who dont know as much dont get into trouble.

I didnt know ET wasnt paid, now I do thanx again.
Old 9th August, 2002, 03:50 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Thanx mookydooky for showing me the light, once again.

And do you know this dream girl?? whats the story there?
No problem man. Believe it or not, I completely understand where you're coming from. If I had your mobo, I would WANT the fast decode option. As for the girl, she's a Cubs fan, seriously. I'm also a Cubs fan. She also happens to be a model/actress in Korea and no, I've never met her.

AOA Team fah

Old 9th August, 2002, 04:08 AM
Banned

Kewl, I thought she looked Korean. I actually spent a year and a half in Korea, got to know alot of Korean women. Would love to have one as a wife they really treat their men well.

Someone said I was a know it all in her too 100 or so posts back, I never claimed to be a Mr. Icee, I just said I push evrything to the max, I could have pc1600 and a voodoo1 for all that matters, I just push everything to the max. And when you from 172fsb to 190 you expect a few things. #1 performance.

Look at the bench below thats what I want, but I wont get it with out Cpu Decode. Thats why I bought this board, to Exploit the hungry FSB of the XP. When the reviews were zinging around they were all doing like 175 fsb and using 2312, I have some issues with 2312.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articl...og1J4_5_11.gif

Here is where my Epox lives if your interested, the board stays very cool, I can push things further then without, but it does no good. Thats a fridge board stays around 40F or 2-3C I guess.

http://www.boomspeed.com/deanril/DCP_0012_1.jpeg
Old 9th August, 2002, 07:18 AM
Banned

Yeah those are great scores.

Heres mine 2719 first 200@1900 then 190@1900 then 1890@180
All suck.All on default "Fastest" setting

http://www.boomspeed.com/deanril/200.JPG
http://www.boomspeed.com/deanril/190.JPG
http://www.boomspeed.com/deanril/180.JPG
Old 9th August, 2002, 07:10 PM

mine
Man, I'm way off, any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Once again !! Epox Tech-memory-and-chipset-benchmark.jpg chipset benchmark.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2645  
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!