AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th August, 2002, 06:48 AM
Banned

Once again !! Epox Tech

Once again Complaints. Nothing personal Epox Tech.........

I just dont see how you guys will keep selling boards, with your bios situation. You cater to the Mhz junkies yet you dont let us control.

Im just here to say Im out, you wont get my business again.

I use to use abit, now Im going back to abit, should have never left. I also figured your board would be super stable at stock speeds which they probably are(dont know never been there) and I sell alot of computers, but your bios situation has soured my stomach.

And before the "they give you what you want 200fsb and you complain" comments come in. No they dont. Abit can give me 200fsb so can msi and many others, they dont give me control, I need more control, this board is freeking castrated. I dont want an ancient 2312 bios either I want the latest one where Epox has fixed all their other problems because they are allways the first ones out of the gate, and DO have problems.

I want my new bios with control and you know what I mean, and I want some agp voltage too, I want alot! This is suppose to be the extreme of the extreme, yet it has no juevos. You only find this stuff out after you buy the thing.

I really dont care about the board, its the damn reformat Ill have to do and reinstall all my crap, hours....... I hate this board.

Its soooooooooooo simple Beta bios no support, void warranty if used......................
Old 8th August, 2002, 07:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

No please tell me whose chice it was to use said beta bios? Not epox's, im sure that they would prefer to only have it released to a select few who can properly test it, unlike how it is now, where it gets leaked s. You purcahsed the board, you installed the beta bios, and guess whos fault it is? Our epox tech is nice enough to be a part of our forms,and could have left long ago people started to haras him. Epox mb developers are based on making stable, professional boards for STOCK comptuers. You will never use 1/2 the features of this board in a family desptop. You want speed? Overclocking???? Wait till the new boards are out, and the 3gig chips are out- and dont complain about "anicent bios- hell that cant be more then a few months old- and stable for good, reasonable overclocking!----

Go back to abit....... there a good board to,and have the same problems.

*NOTE*
This Post Edited:
Please tone it down. These things can be handled with civility. Lead through example.
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah

Last edited by Daniel ~; 8th August, 2002 at 07:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th August, 2002, 08:21 AM
Banned

What are you talking about?????????

The 8k3a+ is not for a Family!! , Damn I was so mad I forgot to mention the board Epox 8K3A+ DOH!!

Now "Said Bios" all of them suck as far as Im concerned.

Epox was a nonamer a short while ago AS FAR as the enthusiast were concerned, I guess they made oems or something I dont know......... You will be again. I must be the 1000th person on this board to complain.

Think about it, I talk to someone, he talks , then they talk, actually Im going to talk to alot, and all of them will talk to alot, pretty soon its OEM for you! Low $$$$$$$$$$ Oem boards... where you wont get too many complaints from the "Families"

Last edited by Deanril; 8th August, 2002 at 08:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th August, 2002, 10:37 AM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Re: Once again !! Epox Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril

Im just here to say Im out, you wont get my business again.

Most unhappy customers just leave. WHy the broadcast?

Quote:
and I want some agp voltage too, I want alot!
So why didn't you buy a board that gave you that option. I didnt see any review that offered that and neither was it in the downloadable manual. I think it might be nice to have too but when I was looking into this board I didnt even know that was an option. That's my fault, not that of Epox. You are obviously far more knowledgeable than I am so why didn't you check it out?.

Quote:

The 8k3a+ is not for a Family!! , Damn I was so mad I forgot to mention the board Epox 8K3A+ DOH!!
[/B]
You're right. Its made for enthusiasts but most will never overclock it, or at least not to the extent that you may want to. The majority will run at stock speeds and provide a stable and fast system for gamers.
Old 8th August, 2002, 10:44 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Think about it, I talk to someone, he talks , then they talk, actually Im going to talk to alot, and all of them will talk to alot, pretty soon its OEM for you!
Last time I checked, Spyder was another overclocking enthusiast, with no affiliation with EPoX. Why you were trying to imply that you'll force him into the OEM route, I have no idea.

AidanII
Old 8th August, 2002, 11:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
No please tell me whose chice it was to use said beta bios? Not epox's, im sure that they would prefer to only have it released to a select few who can properly test it, unlike how it is now, where it gets leaked s. You purcahsed the board, you installed the beta bios, and guess whos fault it is? Our epox tech is nice enough to be a part of our forms,and could have left long ago people started to haras him. Epox mb developers are based on making stable, professional boards for STOCK comptuers. You will never use 1/2 the features of this board in a family desptop. You want speed? Overclocking???? Wait till the new boards are out, and the 3gig chips are out- and dont complain about "anicent bios- hell that cant be more then a few months old- and stable for good, reasonable overclocking!----
Not meant to offend but You mind using a spellchecker in future?!
The button is right below the edit box - ever noticed?
Old 8th August, 2002, 12:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

So maybe you could explain why the BIOS suck. What problems you are having, etc., etc.. Instead of coming in here and spouting off like a child. You say you sell a lot of computers, I sure wouldn't buy one from you. I am running the 8K3A+ and it is an outstanding board. If you can't overclock yours, oh well. There is no company that guarantees stable boards when pushed beyond specs, even your precious Abit. If you don't like it, get a different board, but don't come in here and start bashing a company that produces a great product. Yeah, EPoX is a somewhat new company as far as the mainboard scene is concerned. Notice how quickly they have grown in popularity? That is for a reason, they do make great boards!
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Old 8th August, 2002, 01:36 PM

i was once an Abit fan until 3 boards died on me all of a sudden... that's when I switched to EPoX... never had any problem with default speeds... of course overclocking it a completely different story... you can run into random problems by overclocking but on the other hand, it is not officialy sanctioned by the board maker... all that's written on the box have been working and functioning 100%... so where's your problem? if you are having stability complaints from your customers then maybe so sell overclocked rigs... and beta BIOS's are beta BIOS's... there's a caption somewhere that says "use at your own risk"...

Last edited by BeoR; 8th August, 2002 at 01:40 PM.
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:37 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

EPoX has it's share of problems. The thing is, it's not any worse than any of the other mobo makers. Truth be told, the board I had the fewest problems with was the ECS cheapie SiS chipset thing. I think what made it that way was that it had no OC features. You ran the board stock unless you wanted to play around with hacked BIOSes. I currently have ECS, Abit, MSI, EPoX, and Asus boards. None of them are all that. They all have their problems at high OC. They're all lacking features that I would want. The one that comes closest to what I like is my 8KHA+. I would like to have a higher VCore though. As for OEM, I'm sure EPoX would love to go OEM. This may be hard to believe, but mobo manufacturers actually fight for OEM contracts. If you were EPoX, who would you rather sell to? 50,000 boards to enthusiasts who build their own and want tech support or 5,000,000 boards to Dell who provides their own?

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:51 PM
Banned

I dont know your guys level of abilities in determining performance of a board, or the ability to know the capabilities of the board. But I know mine. This board as I said has been Castrated. Now I have NO-Stability problems, I have Performance problems. I have LAZY-Bios writers problems. I have paranoid Epox (dont give them control) problems.

If your into the highest performance you can gain from all your components and you get really really into it, I mean push all to the very very max, that includes a bit of super cooling. Then you will find out exactly what Im talking about here. For the guys that dont push this board you will never know and you will be happy, and this board is great for you.

Now if Epox tech was a bios writer(i dont think he is, could be wrong though) he would know EXACTLY what Im saying.

And "The Spyder" wont be using OEM, Im aiming that remark at EPOX. We gave Epox the ability to be where they are now, WE can take it back easily.

Thats my point, why not go quietly and say nothing? Because maybe someone else from Epox will come read this forum and do something about it, Epox Tech wont. Im just letting them know that they are pissing people off with their castration of the board, and they know all too well what they have done, and its in the nature of CYB coevr your Butt, but at the cost of lots of customers.
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:53 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky
.....If you were EPoX, who would you rather sell to? 50,000 boards to enthusiasts who build their own and want tech support or 5,000,000 boards to Dell who provides their own?
good point.. Add to that, a chunk of DIY'ers b**ch and moan for a new bios every month that enables everything and is bulletproof, and Dell says, "shudup, we don't want new bios's from you, the old one works... don't rock the boat."

Hmm... I wish I could buy stock in ECS. Lower prices, higher volumes, little TS, few updates... Not glamorous, but highly profitable.

I've had to fix dell's in the past... Bios updates usually stop, the minute they no longer sell systems with that mobo.. How's that for support?
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:06 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
I dont know your guys level of abilities in determining performance of a board, or the ability to know the capabilities of the board. But I know mine. This board as I said has been Castrated. Now I have NO-Stability problems, I have Performance problems. I have LAZY-Bios writers problems. I have paranoid Epox (dont give them control) problems.
I hate to say this, but EPoX is multi-million dollar company who has think bottom line. First of all, the OCers of the world make up a tiny percentage of computer buyers. Second, OCers of your caliber who use supercooling and such trying to get the very last bit of performance out of their rigs are a tiny percentage of that. It doesn't serve EPoX to cater to a tiny majority. Yes, EPoX could very well include what you want in their BIOS, but the vast (and I do mean vast) majority won't know what to do with it or how to use it correctly. Most likely if they offer the option, a lot of users will just try it out of curiousity and probably mess up their setup, and they'll probably blame EPoX for it. It could be a feature that if used incorrectly at high OC will damage hardware. Then again, EPoX will hear about how their board died or killed their HD or Vid card, or memory. EPoX has to deal with the majority of their users, not the minority. This is not just the case with EPoX, it's the same with every other company in the world.

AOA Team fah

Old 8th August, 2002, 05:12 PM
Banned

To put it simply.

Board A : mem scores at 180 fsb 2800-2600

Epox board : mem scores at 180 fsb 2400-2200

3dmark2001se

Board A same speed 13100

Epox board: 12400

They give you 2.2 fricken volts they are in DANGER land, but then they dont give you the rest, its a huge tease. 2312 has some performance but it also has bugs. So the rest of the bios's are all junk. Give us the bios and we will buy from you again, dont think that if you hold back we will simply buy your KT400 board cause we wont.
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky

I hate to say this, but EPoX is multi-million dollar company who has think bottom line. First of all, the OCers of the world make up a tiny percentage of computer buyers. Second, OCers of your caliber who use supercooling and such trying to get the very last bit of performance out of their rigs are a tiny percentage of that. It doesn't serve EPoX to cater to a tiny majority. Yes, EPoX could very well include what you want in their BIOS, but the vast (and I do mean vast) majority won't know what to do with it or how to use it correctly. Most likely if they offer the option, a lot of users will just try it out of curiousity and probably mess up their setup, and they'll probably blame EPoX for it. It could be a feature that if used incorrectly at high OC will damage hardware. Then again, EPoX will hear about how their board died or killed their HD or Vid card, or memory. EPoX has to deal with the majority of their users, not the minority. This is not just the case with EPoX, it's the same with every other company in the world.

You have a great point however flawed. Why?? Because all the other manufactureres will give you the options I speak of EXCEPT the 2.2 vcore, now why they will give you 2.2 vcore and not the rest is WAY beyound me.

But all the other companies get away with these options and do just fine, why cant epox? what is the problem here?
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:26 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
To put it simply.

Board A : mem scores at 180 fsb 2800-2600

Epox board : mem scores at 180 fsb 2400-2200

3dmark2001se

Board A same speed 13100

Epox board: 12400

Which boards are you comparing?

AOA Team fah

Old 8th August, 2002, 05:28 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:

You have a great point however flawed. Why?? Because all the other manufactureres will give you the options I speak of EXCEPT the 2.2 vcore, now why they will give you 2.2 vcore and not the rest is WAY beyound me.

But all the other companies get away with these options and do just fine, why cant epox? what is the problem here?
The point's not flawed. It's a very logical and reasonable point. It could very well be that it may not apply to this case, but the point is well thought out and good.

AOA Team fah

Old 8th August, 2002, 05:45 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Quote:

If your into the highest performance you can gain from all your components and you get really really into it, I mean push all to the very very max, that includes a bit of super cooling. Then you will find out exactly what Im talking about here. For the guys that dont push this board you will never know and you will be happy, and this board is great for you.

I still don't get it Deanril. Why did you buy this board in the first place? With your knowledge and experience I would have thought that you would have done an awful lot of checking to make sure .all your requirements were met.

There are plenty of sites highlighting peoples displeasure about Epox bios, did you not check them before you bought.
In my opinion somethings not quite right here.
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:45 PM
Banned

Abit mainly but there are plenty of others to compare. Asus Msi ect.....

Another analogy..

They have given us a Dragster, its motor is fast and powerful(cpu) yet the transmission is terrible. So you can have this powerful motor, but cannot unleash its power properly,due to the poor performing transmission.

They went as far as giving 2.2vcore and 3.2 ram, why cant they simply give us the bios, how many ram sticks have people lost how many cous fried, what the difference do tease us with the numbers then castrate the board for some odd reason.
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dod

I still don't get it Deanril. Why did you buy this board in the first place? With your knowledge and experience I would have thought that you would have done an awful lot of checking to make sure .all your requirements were met.

There are plenty of sites highlighting peoples displeasure about Epox bios, did you not check them before you bought.
In my opinion somethings not quite right here.
You are right, Ive had the board awhile, Im the kindof person that lets thing build then unleahes, sorry, its been building.

I was suckered in by high voltages and stability, I should have found some better reviews that went further in dept, so yes you are correct, its my fault. However the board has capabilties and they are being limited, that my complaint, it can do SO MUCH MORE!
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:55 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:

Another analogy..

They have given us a Dragster, its motor is fast and powerful(cpu) yet the transmission is terrible. So you can have this powerful motor, but cannot unleash its power properly,due to the poor performing transmission.
Poor analogy. The vast majority of Dragster owners will want and need those features. The vast majority of EPoX mobo owners won't ever even look at the BIOS screen, let alone tinker with it or flash it. Better analogy would be a Toyota Camry. The vast majority will be fine with it. There will be a small percentage what will put on high performance rims, bore out the cylinders, install turbo, etc., etc.

AOA Team fah