AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home


Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 06:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

Once again !! Epox Tech

Once again Complaints. Nothing personal Epox Tech.........

I just dont see how you guys will keep selling boards, with your bios situation. You cater to the Mhz junkies yet you dont let us control.

Im just here to say Im out, you wont get my business again.

I use to use abit, now Im going back to abit, should have never left. I also figured your board would be super stable at stock speeds which they probably are(dont know never been there) and I sell alot of computers, but your bios situation has soured my stomach.

And before the "they give you what you want 200fsb and you complain" comments come in. No they dont. Abit can give me 200fsb so can msi and many others, they dont give me control, I need more control, this board is freeking castrated. I dont want an ancient 2312 bios either I want the latest one where Epox has fixed all their other problems because they are allways the first ones out of the gate, and DO have problems.

I want my new bios with control and you know what I mean, and I want some agp voltage too, I want alot! This is suppose to be the extreme of the extreme, yet it has no juevos. You only find this stuff out after you buy the thing.

I really dont care about the board, its the damn reformat Ill have to do and reinstall all my crap, hours....... I hate this board.

Its soooooooooooo simple Beta bios no support, void warranty if used......................
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 07:15 AM
The Spyder's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: September 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,086
Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

No please tell me whose chice it was to use said beta bios? Not epox's, im sure that they would prefer to only have it released to a select few who can properly test it, unlike how it is now, where it gets leaked s. You purcahsed the board, you installed the beta bios, and guess whos fault it is? Our epox tech is nice enough to be a part of our forms,and could have left long ago people started to haras him. Epox mb developers are based on making stable, professional boards for STOCK comptuers. You will never use 1/2 the features of this board in a family desptop. You want speed? Overclocking???? Wait till the new boards are out, and the 3gig chips are out- and dont complain about "anicent bios- hell that cant be more then a few months old- and stable for good, reasonable overclocking!----

Go back to abit....... there a good board to,and have the same problems.

*NOTE*
This Post Edited:
Please tone it down. These things can be handled with civility. Lead through example.
__________________
~The Spyder~
I7 965, 6gigs, ASUS, 4870 X2, WD640 AALS Lian Li PC65
Nikon D700, 24-70, 70-200 2.8, SB 800x2
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah

Last edited by Daniel ~; 8th August, 2002 at 07:27 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 08:21 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

What are you talking about?????????

The 8k3a+ is not for a Family!! , Damn I was so mad I forgot to mention the board Epox 8K3A+ DOH!!


Now "Said Bios" all of them suck as far as Im concerned.

Epox was a nonamer a short while ago AS FAR as the enthusiast were concerned, I guess they made oems or something I dont know......... You will be again. I must be the 1000th person on this board to complain.

Think about it, I talk to someone, he talks , then they talk, actually Im going to talk to alot, and all of them will talk to alot, pretty soon its OEM for you! Low $$$$$$$$$$ Oem boards... where you wont get too many complaints from the "Families"
__________________

Last edited by Deanril; 8th August, 2002 at 08:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 10:37 AM
dod's Avatar
dod dod is offline
AOA Staff (should be working)
 
Join Date: June 2002
Location: Inverness
Posts: 4,014
Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Re: Once again !! Epox Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril


Im just here to say Im out, you wont get my business again.

Most unhappy customers just leave. WHy the broadcast?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
and I want some agp voltage too, I want alot!
So why didn't you buy a board that gave you that option. I didnt see any review that offered that and neither was it in the downloadable manual. I think it might be nice to have too but when I was looking into this board I didnt even know that was an option. That's my fault, not that of Epox. You are obviously far more knowledgeable than I am so why didn't you check it out?.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril

The 8k3a+ is not for a Family!! , Damn I was so mad I forgot to mention the board Epox 8K3A+ DOH!!
[/B]
You're right. Its made for enthusiasts but most will never overclock it, or at least not to the extent that you may want to. The majority will run at stock speeds and provide a stable and fast system for gamers.
__________________
AOA Team fah
Asus P5Q pro, E8400, 4X2Gb XMS2 6400, 8800GT OC and a heap more HDD space
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 10:44 AM
Chief Systems Administrator
 
Join Date: September 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 13,075

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
Think about it, I talk to someone, he talks , then they talk, actually Im going to talk to alot, and all of them will talk to alot, pretty soon its OEM for you!
Last time I checked, Spyder was another overclocking enthusiast, with no affiliation with EPoX. Why you were trying to imply that you'll force him into the OEM route, I have no idea.

AidanII
__________________
Any views, thoughts and opinions are entirely my own. They don't necessarily represent those of my employer (BlackBerry).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 11:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: July 2002
Location: Europe
Posts: 62
Send a message via AIM to Max193 Send a message via Yahoo to Max193

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spyder
No please tell me whose chice it was to use said beta bios? Not epox's, im sure that they would prefer to only have it released to a select few who can properly test it, unlike how it is now, where it gets leaked s. You purcahsed the board, you installed the beta bios, and guess whos fault it is? Our epox tech is nice enough to be a part of our forms,and could have left long ago people started to haras him. Epox mb developers are based on making stable, professional boards for STOCK comptuers. You will never use 1/2 the features of this board in a family desptop. You want speed? Overclocking???? Wait till the new boards are out, and the 3gig chips are out- and dont complain about "anicent bios- hell that cant be more then a few months old- and stable for good, reasonable overclocking!----
Not meant to offend but You mind using a spellchecker in future?!
The button is right below the edit box - ever noticed?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 12:32 PM
SPQQKY's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: January 2002
Location: Far From Reality
Posts: 747
Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

So maybe you could explain why the BIOS suck. What problems you are having, etc., etc.. Instead of coming in here and spouting off like a child. You say you sell a lot of computers, I sure wouldn't buy one from you. I am running the 8K3A+ and it is an outstanding board. If you can't overclock yours, oh well. There is no company that guarantees stable boards when pushed beyond specs, even your precious Abit. If you don't like it, get a different board, but don't come in here and start bashing a company that produces a great product. Yeah, EPoX is a somewhat new company as far as the mainboard scene is concerned. Notice how quickly they have grown in popularity? That is for a reason, they do make great boards!
__________________
AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ Windsor @ 2.8GHz
DFI Infinity NF UltraII-M2
2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 pc6400C4
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 01:36 PM
BeoR's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cebu City
Posts: 18

i was once an Abit fan until 3 boards died on me all of a sudden... that's when I switched to EPoX... never had any problem with default speeds... of course overclocking it a completely different story... you can run into random problems by overclocking but on the other hand, it is not officialy sanctioned by the board maker... all that's written on the box have been working and functioning 100%... so where's your problem? if you are having stability complaints from your customers then maybe so sell overclocked rigs... and beta BIOS's are beta BIOS's... there's a caption somewhere that says "use at your own risk"...
__________________
:: my brain is powered by AMD... 486 SX-33 w/1MB RAM ::

Last edited by BeoR; 8th August, 2002 at 01:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:37 PM
mookydooky's Avatar
AOA Staff
 
Join Date: December 2001
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

EPoX has it's share of problems. The thing is, it's not any worse than any of the other mobo makers. Truth be told, the board I had the fewest problems with was the ECS cheapie SiS chipset thing. I think what made it that way was that it had no OC features. You ran the board stock unless you wanted to play around with hacked BIOSes. I currently have ECS, Abit, MSI, EPoX, and Asus boards. None of them are all that. They all have their problems at high OC. They're all lacking features that I would want. The one that comes closest to what I like is my 8KHA+. I would like to have a higher VCore though. As for OEM, I'm sure EPoX would love to go OEM. This may be hard to believe, but mobo manufacturers actually fight for OEM contracts. If you were EPoX, who would you rather sell to? 50,000 boards to enthusiasts who build their own and want tech support or 5,000,000 boards to Dell who provides their own?
__________________
Need a laugh? Take a peek at
AOA's Mookydooky's "Just for laughs!" Joke Topic


AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

I dont know your guys level of abilities in determining performance of a board, or the ability to know the capabilities of the board. But I know mine. This board as I said has been Castrated. Now I have NO-Stability problems, I have Performance problems. I have LAZY-Bios writers problems. I have paranoid Epox (dont give them control) problems.

If your into the highest performance you can gain from all your components and you get really really into it, I mean push all to the very very max, that includes a bit of super cooling. Then you will find out exactly what Im talking about here. For the guys that dont push this board you will never know and you will be happy, and this board is great for you.

Now if Epox tech was a bios writer(i dont think he is, could be wrong though) he would know EXACTLY what Im saying.


And "The Spyder" wont be using OEM, Im aiming that remark at EPOX. We gave Epox the ability to be where they are now, WE can take it back easily.

Thats my point, why not go quietly and say nothing? Because maybe someone else from Epox will come read this forum and do something about it, Epox Tech wont. Im just letting them know that they are pissing people off with their castration of the board, and they know all too well what they have done, and its in the nature of CYB coevr your Butt, but at the cost of lots of customers.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 04:53 PM
SteveI's Avatar
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion
 
Join Date: September 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,971

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky
.....If you were EPoX, who would you rather sell to? 50,000 boards to enthusiasts who build their own and want tech support or 5,000,000 boards to Dell who provides their own?
good point.. Add to that, a chunk of DIY'ers b**ch and moan for a new bios every month that enables everything and is bulletproof, and Dell says, "shudup, we don't want new bios's from you, the old one works... don't rock the boat."

Hmm... I wish I could buy stock in ECS. Lower prices, higher volumes, little TS, few updates... Not glamorous, but highly profitable.

I've had to fix dell's in the past... Bios updates usually stop, the minute they no longer sell systems with that mobo.. How's that for support?
__________________
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:06 PM
mookydooky's Avatar
AOA Staff
 
Join Date: December 2001
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
I dont know your guys level of abilities in determining performance of a board, or the ability to know the capabilities of the board. But I know mine. This board as I said has been Castrated. Now I have NO-Stability problems, I have Performance problems. I have LAZY-Bios writers problems. I have paranoid Epox (dont give them control) problems.
I hate to say this, but EPoX is multi-million dollar company who has think bottom line. First of all, the OCers of the world make up a tiny percentage of computer buyers. Second, OCers of your caliber who use supercooling and such trying to get the very last bit of performance out of their rigs are a tiny percentage of that. It doesn't serve EPoX to cater to a tiny majority. Yes, EPoX could very well include what you want in their BIOS, but the vast (and I do mean vast) majority won't know what to do with it or how to use it correctly. Most likely if they offer the option, a lot of users will just try it out of curiousity and probably mess up their setup, and they'll probably blame EPoX for it. It could be a feature that if used incorrectly at high OC will damage hardware. Then again, EPoX will hear about how their board died or killed their HD or Vid card, or memory. EPoX has to deal with the majority of their users, not the minority. This is not just the case with EPoX, it's the same with every other company in the world.
__________________
Need a laugh? Take a peek at
AOA's Mookydooky's "Just for laughs!" Joke Topic


AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

To put it simply.

Board A : mem scores at 180 fsb 2800-2600

Epox board : mem scores at 180 fsb 2400-2200

3dmark2001se

Board A same speed 13100

Epox board: 12400

They give you 2.2 fricken volts they are in DANGER land, but then they dont give you the rest, its a huge tease. 2312 has some performance but it also has bugs. So the rest of the bios's are all junk. Give us the bios and we will buy from you again, dont think that if you hold back we will simply buy your KT400 board cause we wont.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky


I hate to say this, but EPoX is multi-million dollar company who has think bottom line. First of all, the OCers of the world make up a tiny percentage of computer buyers. Second, OCers of your caliber who use supercooling and such trying to get the very last bit of performance out of their rigs are a tiny percentage of that. It doesn't serve EPoX to cater to a tiny majority. Yes, EPoX could very well include what you want in their BIOS, but the vast (and I do mean vast) majority won't know what to do with it or how to use it correctly. Most likely if they offer the option, a lot of users will just try it out of curiousity and probably mess up their setup, and they'll probably blame EPoX for it. It could be a feature that if used incorrectly at high OC will damage hardware. Then again, EPoX will hear about how their board died or killed their HD or Vid card, or memory. EPoX has to deal with the majority of their users, not the minority. This is not just the case with EPoX, it's the same with every other company in the world.

You have a great point however flawed. Why?? Because all the other manufactureres will give you the options I speak of EXCEPT the 2.2 vcore, now why they will give you 2.2 vcore and not the rest is WAY beyound me.

But all the other companies get away with these options and do just fine, why cant epox? what is the problem here?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:26 PM
mookydooky's Avatar
AOA Staff
 
Join Date: December 2001
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril
To put it simply.

Board A : mem scores at 180 fsb 2800-2600

Epox board : mem scores at 180 fsb 2400-2200

3dmark2001se

Board A same speed 13100

Epox board: 12400

Which boards are you comparing?
__________________
Need a laugh? Take a peek at
AOA's Mookydooky's "Just for laughs!" Joke Topic


AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:28 PM
mookydooky's Avatar
AOA Staff
 
Join Date: December 2001
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril



You have a great point however flawed. Why?? Because all the other manufactureres will give you the options I speak of EXCEPT the 2.2 vcore, now why they will give you 2.2 vcore and not the rest is WAY beyound me.

But all the other companies get away with these options and do just fine, why cant epox? what is the problem here?
The point's not flawed. It's a very logical and reasonable point. It could very well be that it may not apply to this case, but the point is well thought out and good.
__________________
Need a laugh? Take a peek at
AOA's Mookydooky's "Just for laughs!" Joke Topic


AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:45 PM
dod's Avatar
dod dod is offline
AOA Staff (should be working)
 
Join Date: June 2002
Location: Inverness
Posts: 4,014
Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril


If your into the highest performance you can gain from all your components and you get really really into it, I mean push all to the very very max, that includes a bit of super cooling. Then you will find out exactly what Im talking about here. For the guys that dont push this board you will never know and you will be happy, and this board is great for you.

I still don't get it Deanril. Why did you buy this board in the first place? With your knowledge and experience I would have thought that you would have done an awful lot of checking to make sure .all your requirements were met.

There are plenty of sites highlighting peoples displeasure about Epox bios, did you not check them before you bought.
In my opinion somethings not quite right here.
__________________
AOA Team fah
Asus P5Q pro, E8400, 4X2Gb XMS2 6400, 8800GT OC and a heap more HDD space
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

Abit mainly but there are plenty of others to compare. Asus Msi ect.....

Another analogy..

They have given us a Dragster, its motor is fast and powerful(cpu) yet the transmission is terrible. So you can have this powerful motor, but cannot unleash its power properly,due to the poor performing transmission.


They went as far as giving 2.2vcore and 3.2 ram, why cant they simply give us the bios, how many ram sticks have people lost how many cous fried, what the difference do tease us with the numbers then castrate the board for some odd reason.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:51 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: June 2002
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally posted by dod


I still don't get it Deanril. Why did you buy this board in the first place? With your knowledge and experience I would have thought that you would have done an awful lot of checking to make sure .all your requirements were met.

There are plenty of sites highlighting peoples displeasure about Epox bios, did you not check them before you bought.
In my opinion somethings not quite right here.
You are right, Ive had the board awhile, Im the kindof person that lets thing build then unleahes, sorry, its been building.

I was suckered in by high voltages and stability, I should have found some better reviews that went further in dept, so yes you are correct, its my fault. However the board has capabilties and they are being limited, that my complaint, it can do SO MUCH MORE!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 8th August, 2002, 05:55 PM
mookydooky's Avatar
AOA Staff
 
Join Date: December 2001
Location: Everywhere you want to be.
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Quote:
Originally posted by Deanril

Another analogy..

They have given us a Dragster, its motor is fast and powerful(cpu) yet the transmission is terrible. So you can have this powerful motor, but cannot unleash its power properly,due to the poor performing transmission.
Poor analogy. The vast majority of Dragster owners will want and need those features. The vast majority of EPoX mobo owners won't ever even look at the BIOS screen, let alone tinker with it or flash it. Better analogy would be a Toyota Camry. The vast majority will be fine with it. There will be a small percentage what will put on high performance rims, bore out the cylinders, install turbo, etc., etc.
__________________
Need a laugh? Take a peek at
AOA's Mookydooky's "Just for laughs!" Joke Topic


AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Epox Tech??, Beta Bios for Epox 8KDA3J NeWJoe1 EPoX MotherBoards 1 12th June, 2004 05:06 AM
To Epox Tech... Questions about the Epox EP-9NDA+ Bring the Noise EPoX MotherBoards 3 10th June, 2004 04:26 PM
Epox 8kha+ Boot problem Epox tech please help csonkaa EPoX MotherBoards 1 26th November, 2003 09:32 AM
EPoX Tech, some really tech info... MOSFETS... TodB EPoX MotherBoards 2 12th May, 2002 08:20 PM
Epox Tech few problems with my setup of my Epox 8KHA+ Paul.K EPoX MotherBoards 13 18th October, 2001 07:03 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums
Don't Click Here Don't Click Here Either

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0