AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th October, 2001, 11:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to proze

Bought an XP1500.. now I see what all the fuss is about!

pity it's not for me.. it's for a client, but now i see what the problem is with these "pits". damn they're deep!! not quite sure how i'd go about unlocking one if i had one... i think i'd use the layered defroster stuff method, though. it's viscous enough not to instantly run and short all the bridges.

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2001, 11:49 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Did anyone try that idea that oc.com had? Making a trace path around the pits. To use their words, a "flank attack." That would be most easy, IMO.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 27th October, 2001, 12:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman53142
Did anyone try that idea that oc.com had? Making a trace path around the pits. To use their words, a "flank attack." That would be most easy, IMO.
I feel one would need to use the conductive pen for such an approch. Pencile will have to much resistance for long "traces". DefoggerRepairer would be too mess and difficult to work with. Only question then is, does the pen stick to the plastic good enough.

By the time the dot thriteen parts come out, everyone should have this pretty well figured out, then I can buy a new CPU

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 27th October, 2001, 01:55 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
I feel one would need to use the conductive pen for such an approch. Pencile will have to much resistance for long "traces". DefoggerRepairer would be too mess and difficult to work with. Only question then is, does the pen stick to the plastic good enough.

By the time the dot thriteen parts come out, everyone should have this pretty well figured out, then I can buy a new CPU
ETA on .13? Wasn't it like Q2 2002?

EDIT: And for the record, it's "does the pen stick....well enough", not "good enough"

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
ETA on .13? Wasn't it like Q2 2002?
No. Plain jane dot thirteen will be hear early on in Q1, with SOI dot thirteen coming early Q3ish.

Quote:
EDIT: And for the record, it's "does the pen stick....well enough", not "good enough"
Actually it should read "does the ink bond sufficiently to the organic resin?" Because it is ink not pen, and it is organic resin not plastic.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:11 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
No. Plain jane dot thirteen will be hear early on in Q1, with SOI dot thirteen coming early Q3ish.
Well, I generally abide to the take what AMD says and add 3 months rule

Quote:
Actually it should read "does the ink bond sufficiently to the organic resin?" Because it is ink not pen, and it is organic resin not plastic.
Yet again, I stand corrected. I was simply correcting your grammatical mistakes, I was not judging content

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 27th October, 2001, 09:27 AM

hey lookie dis! i start a thread 'bout xps and pits and such, and i get a free english lesson!

Duron 600@1102 (105*10.5), Asus A7V, 256MB generic RAM at 140mhz 2-2-2, MTS Glaciator II, Creative GF Pro, Awesome no-name 300W PSU.
Old 27th October, 2001, 02:26 PM

er...hemm... Paul...

that's, "free English lesson..." LOL

Notice to signature reader: The entire physical universe, including
this signature, may one day collapse back into an infinitesimally
small space. Should another universe subsequently re-emerge,
the existence of this signature in that universe cannot be guaranteed.

Old 27th October, 2001, 03:01 PM
Systems Administrator

Did you guys see this yet? Pits get smaller!!!!

http://www.overclockers.com/tips693/xpl1.jpg

So now can't you just put conductive crap to fill the pits since the pits don't touch the poles? Or does this make no difference.

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 28th October, 2001, 12:23 AM

that's an AMAZING d-cam that took those pics!! wow!

as for filling the pits.. i suppose you could. i'm leaning more towards the "drawing-conductive-paths-around-the-pits-with-conductive-pen" method... anyone tried it yet?

Old 28th October, 2001, 12:25 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by proze
that's an AMAZING d-cam that took those pics!! wow!

as for filling the pits.. i suppose you could. i'm leaning more towards the "drawing-conductive-paths-around-the-pits-with-conductive-pen" method... anyone tried it yet?
I asked that a bit farther up in this thread. Here's an excerpt:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From dimmreaper (a.k.a. Jeff): I feel one would need to use the conductive pen for such an approch. Pencile will have to much resistance for long "traces". DefoggerRepairer would be too mess and difficult to work with. Only question then is, does the pen stick to the plastic good enough.

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 28th October, 2001, 03:15 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

man o man
i want a XP !!!
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 28th October, 2001, 03:20 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kris
er...hemm... Paul...

that's, "free English lesson..." LOL

Hey! Damn! Whacha want for free! LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 28th October, 2001, 03:21 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by phiber
man o man
i want a XP !!!
o man o

Can you buy me one too

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 28th October, 2001, 04:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Phiber Send a message via AIM to Phiber

Quote:

o man o

Can you buy me one too
so u trying to leach off of me?
XP 1800+
[color]
Old 28th October, 2001, 04:07 AM
Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by phiber

so u trying to leach off of me?
Whatever works

-C.S. Lewis

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 28th October, 2001, 04:55 AM
Banned

Glazing compound found at your local auto parts store. Fill in the void........sand smooth very carefully. Use some defogger paint or conductive ink. That I have heard works well and is easy enough to do.

Jen
Old 29th October, 2001, 06:33 PM
EPoX Tech

I did it quite well and got all multipliers except for 9.5x.

I masked off and I filled the trenches with crazy glue.
Used a razor and scraped the surface flat and smooth.
I then masked off each bridge individually and painted the gaps.

Quite a difficult process but well worth it in the end.
Old 30th October, 2001, 01:49 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Plycon now sells the "stencils" for bridging the L1 trenches of XP's. I think these work well. They should, they're expensive.
Old 30th October, 2001, 06:50 AM

i'd be sceptical personally... plycon also sold that trace-tape for thunderbirds, and for something like $20!!! that was a bit pants, so i'd be wary of the new equivalent.