AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd September, 2002, 01:22 PM

I#'m only getting low performance as its all but DOA. It came with northy fan dead, the serial ata is working and sound is dead. Its just a damaged board but i can still get it too run.

But due to the damage to the board it won't clock well, CPU could hit 2.08Ghz on my all boards, but this will not go above 1.9Ghz stable, and i can get 196Mhz fsb, but it crashes quite quickly, but at 196, lowish timings to get into windows for a few mintues i get 2980/2810 or so bandwidth, due to the lower timings i think its pretty good.
Even at 208Mhz on the epox i was only getting 2700/2580 or so, i never bothered with tweaking it on ht epox so i coulda got more,

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd September, 2002, 01:36 PM

Wow, that is some kick a$$ bandwidth you get there.
But if the board is damaged, why don't you RMA it for a good one ? Are you waiting for EPoX to release the 8K9A series ?
Old 23rd September, 2002, 01:39 PM

PS. I think the OC has nothing to do with the fact that the board is damaged on other fronts. Maybe the board is not even damaged, except for that northy fan, could just be the BIOS that is causing the sound not to work.

Does the board have visible damage marks ?
Old 23rd September, 2002, 01:53 PM

TBH i can't tell, i didn't really inspect it too closely on arrival, to busy throwing it into machine. Now i have to much carp in the way to see. But i'll be trying to sort out RMA'ing it asap.

From other peeps i haven't heard anything about this kinda trouble, only performance issues with the first bios.
I could't even post pas 170Mhz wioth initial bios, the second beta one let me try 196, i also hit 210 but had to underclock my chip to do so. I think a 200Mhz loss is to do with the board not being perfect, i do think it must of been damaged a little bit.

I don't know if i should ask for refund or replacement, they don't have any in stock at the moment and i need a second mobo desparately. SO i'm not sure what to do, any idea when the epox board might be out. I'm seriously debating an asus kt400(can pick it up today), a kx7(is that what its called, the kt333 abit) or an Iwill so i can play with a 1/6divider.

T-bred@2.0Ghz | GS GF4Ti4600 | 512MB Win DDR400 |Chieftec Full Blu Audigy |40x cdrw | DVD 16x | 90GB of HD's | 550W PSU | Frog
Watercooled, kinda!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd September, 2002, 02:13 PM

Iwill KT400 ? I wouldn't go there, that 1/6 PCI divider on KT400 might just not be real, or at least that's what I keep hearing. I hear that the KT400 only has 1/5 PCI divider

If I were you I would either ask for a replacement(ASUS A7V8X sounds better than the others) or wait on EPoX to release their KT400 boards.