AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th September, 2002, 08:32 PM

noob....need help deciphering stepping from my 1600+

Hey y'all...

Just received my 1600+ from Newegg today...here's what the CPU die says:

AX1600DMT3C
AGOIA 0212UPJW
F381578 0299

I assume that my process revision (I just learned that it isn't necessarily the stepping ) is AGOIA, which is good for O/C. However, what is my week...is it 0212? How do I interpret that? And also, what is the third, mysterious other designator that I see around here, like AGOIA 0213 Y for example? What does that mean?

Thanks for any help you can give!

-Nick
Old 18th September, 2002, 12:22 AM

You have an AGOIA, good stepping. The first character of the last line is also important, so yours is an AGOIA-F. I havent heard of them before, i know the AGOIA-Y are really good, but you may have an even newer stepping, so i dont know, it may really rock. It should be good regardless, most of the AGOIA's do 1800 without much dificulty. As for the week, im not sure but i think that MIGHT mean that its year 02, 12th week, that would make sense, but i dont really know.

Watercooled Barton 2500+ AGOIA-Y @ 2300 (11.5x200) 1.85v
Epox 8RDA
1gb OCZ PC3200, 2-2-2-6
eVGA Geforce 4 TI4400
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th September, 2002, 01:13 AM

Yep... it means 12th week of 2002. I don't really know what the Y means, but it's the first thing on the next line. Y's, 0's, and 9's tend to do the best in every stepping. Generally, letters do better than numbers. You can expect 1700mhz out of any AGOIA just by increasing the FSB. After that, you MAY have to increase the voltage to go further. At least half of these hit 1800mhz, a lot hit 1900, and some have hit 2GHZ!!!!!! (to go further than about 1850, you need exotic cooling such as water.)
Join the revolution! Eliminate floppy drives forever! Buy a $20 compact flash reader and a couple CF cards. These come in internal designs that you can put in a 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" bay, as well as external! Encourage motherboard manufacturers to include this with their boards. It's a cheap PCB, folks. It shouldn't add more than $5 to the cost.
Please feel free to copy this and put it in your own sig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!