AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > AMD Motherboards & CPUs

AMD Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on AMD products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd September, 2002, 12:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to IFMU Send a message via AIM to IFMU Send a message via Yahoo to IFMU

AMD Dual Board/Links

I know this is old news for some, but since some dont get onto the same forums I do, I figured I would post this here as well.
Apologies if its not needed/wanted.

I thought I would help spread the word of which Dual AMD boards were available and links so people may check them out.
Apparently there are some boards that arent quite known that are out or the info on them. So Im writing this up with all the info I can find on the present AMD Dual Boards.
There has been a review testing 3 AMD duallie boards against each other, that is Here.
By my understanding, there are a total of 11 (Not including the EpoX thats not out yet.) Dual AMD boards out. However, the EPoX board is not yet out, and from what I can see, there is no specified time it will be available either. It was originally due out in Nov of 2001.

Heres all the links to each board.
Gigabyte ~ GA-&DPXDW ~ Manual
Gigabyte ~ GA7DPXDW-C ~ Manual
(These links are being a pain, select the link, join as a guest, then hit the links I have here again, should take you straight to them.)
Tyan Thunder K7X ~ S2468 ~ Manual
Tyan Thunder K7 ~ S2462 ~ Manual
Tyan Tiger MPX ~ S2466 ~ Manual
Tyan Tiger MP ~ S2460 ~ FAQ
ASUS A7M266-D ~ Manual
MSI K7D Master ~ MS-6501 ~ Manual
ABIT ~ WA-2A
~ With this link you need to select server then scroll down so you can get to the direct page. They wont allow directly link to the actual page for this board.
Just found some info on the iWill board.
iWill MPX2
The only info Ive been able to find on the EPoX board is here.
EPoX EP-M762A ~ EPoX PDF File
Unforunately, its in another language. For those that dont know, copy that url and paste it into the Systran window, change it from German to English and you can read the info there.
Systran
Chaintech now has a board out
Chaintech 7KDD

Added links to the pdf manuals that I could find. Also notice, the Gigabyte manuals are the same, they were both listed as such.
There have been no additions to the Tiger MP motherboards. But the link there is for the FAQ for them.

Quote:
Originally posted by SickBoy
I just got mine(K7D Master) and 2 Duron 1.2 GHz chips today and I had a few unpleasant suprises.

Most of the reports I had heard said that the K7D Master would run dual Morgan Durons, no problem. So I ordered the morgans along with the board, which meant I would get it faster, since I don't have the cash for anything nicer right now.

My board came with BIOS version 1.1. 1.1 DOES NOT enable SMP on Morgans for sure (and AthlonXP's as well I postulate), unless you flash to BIOS version 1.0. I did, and I am happily humming along in SMP right now. I'd also expect that SMP for Morgans will not be enabled in future BIOS versions, so we're going to have to stick with 1.0.

If you're thinking about a K7D Master with non-Athlon MP chips you should keep this in mind.

sb

IFMU
Old 23rd September, 2002, 02:43 AM

Epox M762A has been on sale for ages.

Here is a link to specs.
http://www.epox.org/products/mainboards/m762a/

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd September, 2002, 02:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to IFMU Send a message via AIM to IFMU Send a message via Yahoo to IFMU

I just pasted this from my original post I made some time ago.
I havent really updated it in some time as you pointed out here.
Thanks for the correction.
IFMU
Old 24th September, 2002, 03:04 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

Holst, its not been available in the UK for that long though!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2002, 09:23 PM

It has been for quite a whyle, its just not a big selling product (and dosent get much publicity).
I beleve Dabs will sell you one, as will any of our distributors on www.epox.org.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 24th September, 2002, 09:29 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

I know dabs have em now, tried a while back through the epox retailers, couldnt find any!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 27th September, 2002, 04:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to himura-dono

is there any kind of testing that has been done online for the epox? i'm curious. and yes, stupidly admitting i'm to lazy to google for fear of hitting 9 million german sites of what i don't want....as has happened for just about eerything i've looked up lately...

btw, sup ifmu? you didn't mention you joined here too.
Old 27th September, 2002, 05:46 AM

LoL.... sorry, personally dont know of any sites.
Ive actually been a member here for a lil bit. Just rarely post. Kinda like how its been for me everywhere else recently too....
Old 27th September, 2002, 05:51 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Thank you IFMU for a quality post!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 27th September, 2002, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by himura-dono
is there any kind of testing that has been done online for the epox? i'm curious. and yes, stupidly admitting i'm to lazy to google for fear of hitting 9 million german sites of what i don't want....as has happened for just about eerything i've looked up lately...

btw, sup ifmu? you didn't mention you joined here too.
I might be writing a review on one if I can get my mitts on one. Depends on a lot of things though

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED