AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/4-amd-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   Welp, the 8RDA+ killed my gf4...thanx epox (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/amd-motherboards-and-cpus/11959-welp-8rda-killed-my-gf4-thanx.html)

eliteone 10th December, 2002 04:03 AM

Welp, the 8RDA+ killed my gf4...thanx epox

Well guys my 7F error was caused by the board killing my gainward gf4 ti4600. I tried the card in my moms pc and it works. I tried her gf2 in my 8RDA+ and it works fine. I am also getting the C1 error with one of my pc3500 sticks. Epox has rushed this board and should have tested it alot more than they did. This is definately the last epox board that I buy...i will be going asus or abit from now on.

EluSiOn 10th December, 2002 04:09 AM

Re: Welp, the 8RDA+ killed my gf4...thanx epox

Quote:

Originally posted by eliteone
Well guys my 7F error was caused by the board killing my gainward gf4 ti4600. I tried the card in my moms pc and it works. I tried her gf2 in my 8RDA+ and it works fine....
You mean your gainward gf4 card works in your mom's PC?

I am confused of what you have said in the post vs the title of your post

eliteone 10th December, 2002 04:11 AM

Nope, gainward card doesnt work in hers...the 8RDA+ fried it.

EluSiOn 10th December, 2002 04:20 AM

eliteone,

Was you aware that 8rda+ might fried GF4 because there are couple threads talks about it?
And how did you put that GF4 card in?
Did you properly grounded with a grounding wrist strap?

http://www.mtechnologies.com/tools/strap.jpg

eliteone 10th December, 2002 04:30 AM

Yep, built it just like i rebuilt the computer tons of times before. This mobo is hell and I advise people who are thinking about getting it to look elsewhere.

Nitza666 10th December, 2002 05:04 AM

Very intelligent response the board is hell and it killed mine gfx card.There are a lot of reasons that your gfx card may died.

bmexline 10th December, 2002 05:05 AM

what is your evidence that it is the board that killed the card? is that really the only possible explanation? seems to me there are several explanations not just the that the board has some mysterious problem that kills gf4 cards. i have had hardware fail before and i never even dreamed of blaming the motherboard. especially in the wintertime when static is at its worst.

Daniel must not have seen this thread yet since it still exists. =)

i believe your post violates several rules inherent to this forum

EluSiOn 10th December, 2002 05:17 AM

Nitza666,

1) Was your video card working before on another mobo?
2) Do you have a 8RDA+?
3) Was your video card fried after you put into 8RDA+?
4) What video card do you have?
5) Yu properly grounded with a grounding wrist strap?

mookydooky 10th December, 2002 05:26 AM

Sorry to hear your pain. bmexline has a point though, in the realm of electronics, there is just no way to explain it. There's no way to program a mobo to kill certain video cards. Well...perhaps there is, but believing a mobo manufacturer would do that is like believing the government is hiding the cure for cancer...The single most logical explanation is what he offers at the end. It is winter...when static is at it's worse...and we all make mistakes.

Frank_G 10th December, 2002 05:32 AM

:evil:I know, I know the secret answer :Epox made this board with an Nvidia chipset so it would kill Nvidia cards and run Ati cards exclusively!!!!!! LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) Yeh Right!!!! I was using another manufacturers board building a new system a few years ago, I put my almost new Voodoo5 5500 in it and was rewarded on first boot by something like shorting out to greet me! Needless to say my V5 died a horrible death was it the mobo? I still don't know what it was but taking no chances I bought a new video card then rma'd the mobo,ram,proscessor and psu and got all new stuff I didn't take any chances with it the second time! So could your board be bad maybe but why didn't the second video card you put in it die also?????? Sounds like something let go in your GF4 to me!!

eliteone 10th December, 2002 05:41 AM

Yes, the card worked before it was put into this board. Instead of RMA'ing the card and keeping it in this board....im getting rid of the board as well. Now it seems all nforce2 boards are having their share of problems but I havent heard of any other board killin gf4 cards. I know the board killed my card and I will not buy another epox mobo because of this.

Oh and yes Nitza666 the board is hell from personal experience and from reading MANY other posts as well. All my hardware worked fine and now with another videocard I cant install windows without a lockup. I put the things back in my 8k3a+ and what do you know...it works (cept for the videocard of course). So yes in my experience this is the most POS board I have ever used.

Frank_G 10th December, 2002 05:49 AM

Don't you overclock????? Do you not think overclocking stresses your components ? Did you not have that board running in another O/C computer where you didn't have the luxury you have now and be able to lock the AGP bus so it doesn't stress the crap out of your AGP card that is in good shape (not ever o/c'ed)?

Toasted Comp 10th December, 2002 05:50 AM

It didn't kill my PNY G4 4400 :)

The only real problems that I have had sofar with this board are,

1.) My Corsair PC3500 dosn't work with this board
2.)The mounting holes are a little off center but it really dosn't mess with my waterblock(Swiftech MCW462-UH)
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/l.../mcw462uh2.jpg
3.)The northbridge gets pretty hot when pushing 190+FSB, but replacing the chipset cooler with a Thermaltake CRYSTAL ORB and some Artic Silver3 fixes that :)http://images2.newegg.com/productima...116-003-06.JPG

Frank_G 10th December, 2002 05:56 AM

Great photos man!!:D

Toasted Comp 10th December, 2002 05:57 AM

Swifty2002 10th December, 2002 06:27 AM

Yeah my PNY Geforce4 ti4400 is still non-burned... :D

franlofter 10th December, 2002 06:35 AM

Toasted Comp your 3500 does not work with the board ? I ordered some 3200 to put in this board seems like that is a big problem considering the Ram cost more $ than the mobo.

Toasted Comp 10th December, 2002 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by franlofter
Toasted Comp your 3500 does not work with the board ? I ordered some 3200 to put in this board seems like that is a big problem considering the Ram cost more $ than the mobo.
Ya the PC3500 didn't work :(....I had to take it back and exchanged it for PC3200(which works) so I don't think you will have any problems.

What ever you do don't buy from Fry's, they give you a big hassle when you try to exchange stuff:mad:

EluSiOn 10th December, 2002 06:50 AM

toasted comp... coolbywater also has the same problem like you about the mounting holes

Toasted Comp 10th December, 2002 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EluSiOn
toasted comp... coolbywater also has the same problem like you about the mounting holes
They all come with the off center Mounting holes don't they???