AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/4-amd-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   nVidia Ate AMD :( (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/amd-motherboards-and-cpus/4205-nvidia-ate-amd.html)

whatever 2nd April, 2002 12:12 AM

nVidia Ate AMD :(

Here's the breaking news: http://www.tomshardware.com/column/0...401/index.html

:confused: :confused:

LutaWicasa 2nd April, 2002 12:51 AM

April 1st......ya know??

whatever 2nd April, 2002 12:54 AM

damn.. I've got fooled..
I've heard someone saying this from the other site and I believed it!! so this is joke then.. Nevermind my thread. I'm embarrased now. :o :(

mrpcman 2nd April, 2002 03:22 AM

:lol :-D

Holst 2nd April, 2002 03:41 PM

LOL..you fool.

Quote:

In a move that is bound to make Webmasters of sites that have AMD in the URL feeling frustrated and left out in the cold, Nvidia bought AMD today, April 1, 2002. In a move that had everyone fooled, Nvidia, using excess nForce inventory in the channel to do a stock swap with AMD, has created a new company out of the takeover - AmVidia.

cloasters 3rd April, 2002 01:00 AM

Welcome aboard AOA Forums, whatever!

Well heyell, not everyone marks April 1st with a big "watch out" on their calendars. They learn to, eventually.

dimmreaper 3rd April, 2002 01:50 AM

I really don't think Nvidia could cough up the cash(or stock or any assets) to buy AMD anyway :rolleyes:

Daniel ~ 3rd April, 2002 01:57 AM

Welcome to our forums whatever, you not alone in your contempt for these mindless practical jokers and their stupid April Fools gags! Like " Hey dude time to grow up!!"

Hope you enjoy our forums!

mookydooky 3rd April, 2002 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by whatever
damn.. I've got fooled..
I've heard someone saying this from the other site and I believed it!! so this is joke then.. Nevermind my thread. I'm embarrased now. :o :(

I can't believe you fell for that. It's so tongue in cheek that it's almost impossible to take seriously.

"As a Dell spokesman told us, "You know, once you get called names on Truckshardware.com, your family sees it, your mother sees it, and everyone just gets upset, and there's tears, lawsuits, and a lot of general unhappiness. I have to spend a lot of time explaining to my Aunt Mae that there are no aliens, monsters under the bed, or satanic cults in our company. I really hate that Truck Jones. Ooh. Don't print that. He scares me. I think he is developing some sort of death ray. Ooh. Don't say that, too. Okay, interviews over.""

Please don't tell me you took that seriously.

Holst 3rd April, 2002 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dimmreaper
I really don't think Nvidia could cough up the cash(or stock or any assets) to buy AMD anyway :rolleyes:
M$ on the othr hand could buy both with spare change.

(or just threaten too and make intel sell them there CPUs cheap)

mookydooky 3rd April, 2002 09:58 PM

nVidia buying AMD is not so farfetched. This may sound a little odd to some of you, but nVidia a more valuable company than AMD. nVidia has a market cap of about 6.2B compared to AMD's market cap of 4.7B. Of course these are nothing compared to Intel's market cap of 200B or Microsoft's valuation of 300B. I can very well envision a scenario where nVidia would buy AMD via a stock swap or even debt. It would allow for some major vertical integration of components if nVidia decides to be a major player in the mainboard market. I can definately envision low cost PCs with integrated everything ala nForce. Developing the CPU would help them out in developing their chipsets. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

whatever 8th April, 2002 05:06 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Cloasters and Daniel :p
and thanks all ya for replying. Yes I did have some doubt on nVidia buying AMD. Apparently it's a joke.. April joke which I didn't know anything about.. I'm catching up! :D

mrpcman 8th April, 2002 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by whatever
Thanks for the warm welcome! Cloasters and Daniel :p
and thanks all ya for replying. Yes I did have some doubt on nVidia buying AMD. Apparently it's a joke.. April joke which I didn't know anything about.. I'm catching up! :D

lol yah it was all a joke. just like bill gates being murdered...for the 5th time. :p