AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/4-amd-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   Hello all, (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/amd-motherboards-and-cpus/49227-hello-all.html)

calvin123 13th August, 2010 10:52 AM

Hello all,

Hi all,
definetly the AMD motherboard is on of the beter brands avalable in the market today but hass not controlled the market yet , also wanted to use this opportunity to let you know that I'm the new kid on the bloc, watch this space.

Calvin
web design,web development, cms websites, Joomla Development, cms based websites, website design and development

booman 15th August, 2010 03:32 PM

Welcome to AOA forum.
I see you do a lot of web design. Great to have some more digital artists here. I have worked in Joomla a bit and do a few websites for freelance.

dsio 15th August, 2010 04:01 PM

Calvin, just to let you know, if you're visiting to participate in the overclocking community, we're very happy to have you, but if you are visiting purely to advertise your services as a web developer for your own personal benefit, you may find your stay to be a brief one.

JimF 15th August, 2010 06:40 PM

would have thought spelling would be useful :)

chrisbard 15th August, 2010 08:22 PM

hello some

Hi some,
define tly the AMD mother board is on of the beter brandy's available in the market today but hassle not controlled the market yet , also wanted to use this opportunity to let some know that I'm the new kids on the blocks, watch this [space].

Calvin Klein
wedsgn,wedvlpet, csests, Jolaeeomn, csbsdwbies, este eign addvlpet

There you go I fix it for the poor guy! :rolling:

Only chrisbard can do it and not suffer the ban stick so dear AOA members don't try this at home! :thumbsup:

dsio 16th August, 2010 04:54 AM

Well, see this statement:

Quote:

definetly the AMD motherboard is on of the beter brands avalable in the market today
If it was made by a new member that was somewhat of a novice, I'd be more than happy to welcome him and offer any help, after-all there are 10 year old kids and whatnot that may not understand that this statement sounds stupid, but when the same person is also spruiking his skills as a professional web developer, it makes me feel very sad for the industry I and several other members of this site work in.

If you want a website, much like the one AOA has, go to Joomla! and download an easy to use open source CMS, spend 20 minutes reading up on it, and you'll be a more qualified web developer than this guy.

Oh yea, and its free. Want it to look good? Talk to Danrok or one of the others. Want it hosted for a nominal fee? Talk to Gizmo, he'll hook you up.

booman 16th August, 2010 02:02 PM

I didn't know Danrok was a Joomla expert!
I wouldn't call myself an expert but I created a Joomla website last year and it seemed to work out. I figured out all the structure and interfaces.
Very cool application.
The only problem I kept having was the templates.
For some reason they were either corrupt, or just not programmed properly.
I would get random results that didn't make sense.... Random text sized, buttons/menu's not appearing correctly and then all of a sudden working just fine.
I know there are a lot of reasons for these type of symptoms and I'm starting to think it was server side.
I had to make my client switch to 3 different templates until I was getting consistant results. After that, it seemed to work well.
I almost wrote off Joomla, but now I'm pretty happy with it.
I'll just NEVER use the templates from this site again
Joomla 24
you wouldn't believe how many hours I wasted try to figure out why the simplest thing wouldn't work. If I had success from the beginning, I would have created a site very quickly.
Not to mention, of all the awesome applications and capabilities Joomla has.... the one thing that ISNT built in is INSTANT NOTIFICATIONS.
I couldn't believe that if you register, you won't automatically get nofications of updates or posts. Instead, you have to install an app for this type of thing to work.

dsio 16th August, 2010 02:12 PM

Danrok is behind the many templates used in the various iterations of the AOA website, and many others. He has a talent for doing artistic and clean designs, without overdoing it and smothering functionality.

Additionally, the hosting of the many sites is handled by AOA's dedicated hardware, which has been performing securely and reliably for almost a decade now. It isn't something that is overly advertised, but it has existed for a long time with many happy customers.

booman 16th August, 2010 02:17 PM

That is good news. Who is Mr Backend for these sites?
... just in case I have some questions?

dsio 16th August, 2010 03:11 PM

Regarding which part?

booman 16th August, 2010 03:19 PM

Joomla backend (server side) and all that junk.
I'm very knowledgeable in the graphics department, but always need help in the CSS, PHP, HTML departments.

dsio 16th August, 2010 03:25 PM

Gizmo's your man in that area, but its well worth posting on the programming subforum here, as he and others do answer questions frequently.

booman 16th August, 2010 04:19 PM

What CAN'T Gizmo do?
I had no idea....
So post questions in graphics?
There has never been a web design forum

dsio 16th August, 2010 04:25 PM

Gizmo has his limitations. He has facial hair, and only ever wears sleeveless shirts.

Programming questions, including PHP, CSS and HTML can go in the programming section, graphics go in the image forum Digital Image, Photo, Video and Audio Editing. - AOA

booman 16th August, 2010 04:29 PM

duh, I forgot we had a programming forum

cloasters 16th August, 2010 08:43 PM

Welcome to AOA, calvin123!

Daniel ~ 17th August, 2010 06:51 PM

Hi Calvin! You are allowed more than one post per thread...in case you were wondering...":O}

Gizmo 17th August, 2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booman (Post 507542)
What CAN'T Gizmo do?

So far, I haven't been able figure how to stop spammers without also stopping everyone else, and I still haven't figured out women.

Hmm........I wonder if spammers are women?.....

Those about the only things I can think of off the top of my head. ;)

Daniel ~ 18th August, 2010 08:35 PM

Want some help remembering!? LOL

booman 19th August, 2010 12:20 AM

How about:
password for logging in
password for posting
password for attaching images
password for preview
password for spamming keywords
password for reading posts
:evil:

I speak for everyone at AOA, we would love this type of "tight security"