AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/4-amd-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   My journey begins with the XP 1800+ (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/amd-motherboards-and-cpus/494-my-journey-begins-with-xp-1800-a.html)

TranceBear 8th October, 2001 07:22 AM

My journey begins with the XP 1800+
 
1 Attachment(s)
I had to do a baseline shot to start with but the bridges are to deep for the typical "pencil trick". I am gonna buy some conductive paint tommorow and see what happens. I cannot beleive how busy it is at work. I am building about 25 computers a day!! The economy is great!! When I get more time I will get this puppy up to the max.

Random Nonsense 8th October, 2001 02:28 PM

cool! i though the bridges where not just under the surface but sealed in!!! if they arent its probably EASIER to unlock them, as if in trenches it easier to keep them from shorting...

good luck! make that chip beg for mercy!

Walter:-) 8th October, 2001 07:34 PM

Can't wait to hear how it overclock's! Have fun with it Trancebear!

Phil 8th October, 2001 10:47 PM

Good luck with it, I read about some one getting 2ghz out of one of them, but that was with like 2.18V and a water cooled peltier, and his core temp still went up to 40°C

Superman 9th October, 2001 02:12 AM

Sounds like fun!!!! I need to win the lotto. I only have $240 and that isn't enough for a new mobo, memory, and an XP. :(

Daniel ~ 9th October, 2001 02:49 AM

Sing to it TranceBear, Sing to it!

Lionfish 9th October, 2001 05:32 AM

I wonder how high it will go with just raising the FSB & the c/v?

Go TB

JAWS 9th October, 2001 06:13 PM

Which stepping do you have? Can't wait to see the results!

TranceBear 10th October, 2001 06:03 AM

My journey has ended. I have the 1st XP keychain that I know of. DAMN those L1 bridges. I have XP #2 at the shop tomorrow for a new attack on those grand canyon sized L1 bridges. I WILL not give up!! 2ghz on AIR

Daniel ~ 10th October, 2001 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TranceBear
My journey has ended. I have the 1st XP keychain that I know of. DAMN those L1 bridges. I have XP #2 at the shop tomorrow for a new attack on those grand canyon sized L1 bridges. I WILL not give up!! 2ghz on AIR
You forgot to sing to it didn't you TranceBear?

Walter:-) 10th October, 2001 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TranceBear
My journey has ended. I have the 1st XP keychain that I know of. DAMN those L1 bridges. I have XP #2 at the shop tomorrow for a new attack on those grand canyon sized L1 bridges. I WILL not give up!! 2ghz on AIR
Sucks! Hope is goes better with the 2nd one....

Spode 10th October, 2001 12:12 PM

sing, sing sing. sing. siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnng. All the love you bring, won't mean a thing. If you sing, siiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

Sing baby, just sing.

Random Nonsense 10th October, 2001 12:30 PM

indeed.... is this singing thing proven to work? lol damn wish i could sing maybe i should take lessons in preparation for when i get a palomino.......... i decided on the 1.47 ghz as its £100 less than 1.53 and probably able to reach similar speeds...

Spode 10th October, 2001 08:16 PM

I got a 5 octave range!

maybe more by the time my training is over.

mrpcman 10th October, 2001 09:29 PM

Dang..killing that bad boy sucks!

Daniel ~ 10th October, 2001 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Random Nonsense
indeed.... is this singing thing proven to work? lol damn wish i could sing maybe i should take lessons in preparation for when i get a palomino.......... i decided on the 1.47 ghz as its £100 less than 1.53 and probably able to reach similar speeds...
Perhaps not, but it eases our sorrow when things go wrong, and sooner or later things always go wrong.

Superman 11th October, 2001 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Daniel ~
Perhaps not, but it eases our sorrow when things go wrong, and sooner or later things always go wrong.
To quote someone (I forgot who it was), "The question is not if things will go wrong, but when."

Lionfish 11th October, 2001 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TranceBear
My journey has ended. I have the 1st XP keychain that I know of. DAMN those L1 bridges. I have XP #2 at the shop tomorrow for a new attack on those grand canyon sized L1 bridges. I WILL not give up!! 2ghz on AIR
So what went wrong?

Let us poor peeps that can't get one let alone two know what went wrong.

You can send me one, I will give it TLC :D :D

Phiber 11th October, 2001 02:16 AM

man u people are lucky
i can get a XP only when i can upgrade in MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless i won one free which i prolly wont this really SUCKS!!! can i have the keychain? at least i will have some type of Athlon XP even if it dont work :(:(

i cant get one till march because my parents froze my buying of computer parts :(:( unless i win it i am doomed!!!!!!!

Daniel ~ 11th October, 2001 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by phiber
man u people are lucky
i can get a XP only when i can upgrade in MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
unless i won one free which i prolly wont this really SUCKS!!! can i have the keychain? at least i will have some type of Athlon XP even if it dont work :(:(

i cant get one till march because my parents froze my buying of computer parts :(:( unless i win it i am doomed!!!!!!!

Things don\'t get much better Phiber, I\'m 53 and my spending is frozen until god knows when, try singing, that\'s what I do! ":O}


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0