AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   AMD Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/4-amd-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   1600 is MINE (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/amd-motherboards-and-cpus/9109-1600-is-mine.html)

robbie 10th September, 2002 02:00 AM

1600 is MINE

I got a XP1600 over the weekend. AGOIA stepping. I haven't unlocked it yet. But it runs SOOO MUCH cooler. Bout 113 FOLDING!!! Maybe because of the bigger die?!?!?

I ALSO got my new heater core in today.

So now maybe Spode or SteveI could clue me in on were to get the overclocking bios for the ECS boards?!?!?

Rob

K6-III 10th September, 2002 02:14 AM

Check out www.ocworkbench.com for your overclocking bios...

Pinky 10th September, 2002 03:03 AM

And once you get it, take a sec to upload it to aoafiles so we can all share it :)

SteveI 10th September, 2002 03:11 AM

go here:

http://forum.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi...&f=27&t=003724

At the bottom of the page, there are three. 1 for no lan, 1 with fastwrites hacked and enabled, and 1 with lan.

BTW... it seems this bios also supports 2400+ & 2600+. Not bad for a bargain basement cheapo mobo.

Pinky: I just downloaded, and I'll upload them to AOAfiles.

Lionfish 10th September, 2002 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SteveI

BTW... it seems this bios also supports 2400+ & 2600+. Not bad for a bargain basement cheapo mobo.

But Steve, what a waste of a good CPU ;)

robbie 10th September, 2002 05:46 AM

?!?!?! Will this bios allow me to set the multiplier?
Rob

dimmreaper 10th September, 2002 05:51 AM

I feel I should note that beta BIOS support for a CPU does not mean stable operation. Motherboard makers jump through hoops of fire to ensure compatibility, this process is known as validation. Anyone with this board considering dropping in a 2400+ or 2600+ will want to be sure there is official validated support for the CPU if they want to avoid a heap of problems.

robbie 10th September, 2002 05:55 AM

Good point there Dimm!!
Rob

Lionfish 10th September, 2002 06:38 AM

Come on Dimmer, if I screw it up somehow it must be the mobo's fault :rolleyes: ;) I will never buy another _ _ _ _ _ _ _ again :rolling:

robbie 10th September, 2002 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by robbie
Rob

:confused:
Rob

Lionfish 10th September, 2002 08:34 AM

Quote:

:confused:
Rob

There is one way to find out bro, try-em ;) :)

Allan 10th September, 2002 11:29 AM

Congrats on the new chip, I recently got one as well. They aren't all that bad, actually! I'm at 1840 MHz locked, dunno how far I can go if I unlock it.

SteveI 10th September, 2002 12:58 PM

Quote:

Rob

No.. the needed circuitry does not exist on the board. You are stuck with the default multiplier, just some FSB control.

Dimm: This bios was hacked from the latest official bios that has support for 2400+ & 2600+. Only the FSBs and memory timings were tweaked. SIS735 mobos are able to support the new Tbreds. Only KT266A's (and older) are unable to provide official support. Remember, 735s even have 1/5 and 1/6 dividers.

K6-III 10th September, 2002 04:00 PM

If you're good with a soldering iron, ocworkbench also has a guide to soldering dipswitches onto the K7S5A for multiplier control...

robbie 10th September, 2002 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by K6-III
If you're good with a soldering iron, ocworkbench also has a guide to soldering dipswitches onto the K7S5A for multiplier control...
Did I mention that I have an AA in electronics?
Rob

cloasters 10th September, 2002 05:55 PM

The L1 through L8 bridges are right there on the CPU, awaiting your dining and dancing pleasure. What, you missed them? They are as big as the Golden Gate!

Honestly, they are so freakin' tiny that a Swiss watchmaker would come in right handy now and again.

SteveI 10th September, 2002 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cloasters
The L1 through L8 bridges are right there on the CPU, awaiting your dining and dancing pleasure. What, you missed them? They are as big as the Golden Gate!

Honestly, they are so freakin' tiny that a Swiss watchmaker would come in right handy now and again.

I think that changing bridges modifies the default multiplier only. Doing the soldering job on the mobo itself with the dipswitches will actually get multiplier control. Also, it can also be done for voltage mods.

Sounds like you have another project to think about Robbie. :)

Pinky 11th September, 2002 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SteveI
Pinky: I just downloaded, and I'll upload them to AOAfiles.

We have these now...