AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Benchmarking

Benchmarking Post your Benchmarks here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th July, 2005, 02:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BarrySWE Send a message via MSN to BarrySWE

Game Advisor.. (your game performance)

http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/

go here, and post your results..

http://hem.bredband.net/barrytheblade/gameadv.jpg
| Antec PlusView 1000AMG | OCZ Modsteam 520W | Epox 9npa+ Ultra rev 1.1| AMD64 3800+ (venice) + TT Silent boost K8 | G.Skills 2*1024MB | Gainward 7800GT | 36GB WD Raptor S-ATA 8MB cache | 500GB Hitachi S-ATA II 16MB Cache NCQ | Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic | ND-3520A | | Logitech MX518 + UltraX Flat keyboard | LG L1915S 19" TFT 12ms |
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th July, 2005, 03:15 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Moved thread from EPoX forum to Benchmarking forum, which is more appropriate.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th July, 2005, 03:50 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Dont know how accurate this is. does it take gpu/mem speed and ram timings etc into account?
Attached Thumbnails
Game Advisor.. (your game performance)-test.jpg  

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 25th July, 2005, 04:00 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

When I get home I'll post !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 25th July, 2005, 04:22 PM

I couldnt see any real values e.g. number of systems scanned, so I dont think it tells you anything except your machine is fast.
Seems a bit like a "whos got the biggest cahonas competition"

Edit: Ah just looked through the site and got a "your computers can run this game" label - now I get it.
Old 25th July, 2005, 05:49 PM

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4...advisor6gi.jpg

Hmmm i wouldn't say that my computer is in the top 17% of fastest game systems! But oh well!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah

Last edited by devilmyarse; 25th July, 2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 25th July, 2005, 06:16 PM
Benchmarker

Angry

Don't you just hate when this happens?
Attached Thumbnails
Game Advisor.. (your game performance)-ie6.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 25th July, 2005, 06:22 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Because you are using netscape.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 25th July, 2005, 06:28 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Because you are using netscape.
Yeah, good ol' Bill...

Here I come using IE6
Attached Thumbnails
Game Advisor.. (your game performance)-test1.jpg  

Old 25th July, 2005, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilmyarse
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4...advisor6gi.jpg

Hmmm i wouldn't say that my computer is in the top 17% of fastest game systems! But oh well!
exactly - no stated figures, just percentages of those scanned by the advisor system. so you figure is likely to change as more people use it.

I think i would rather see benchmarks with actual figures in them. I mean I only have 256 meg of single channel, and an uber cheap gfx card in my system at the moment and I still got into the top 7% ie only a 6600 basic card until later in summer when i can afford a 6800
Old 26th July, 2005, 09:13 AM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellamne
exactly - no stated figures, just percentages of those scanned by the advisor system. so you figure is likely to change as more people use it.

I think i would rather see benchmarks with actual figures in them. I mean I only have 256 meg of single channel, and an uber cheap gfx card in my system at the moment and I still got into the top 7% ie only a 6600 basic card until later in summer when i can afford a 6800
This is only for fun. You need BF2 or Doom3 to see how well you computer behaves. With my old rig I am pretty pleased.

Old 26th July, 2005, 11:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to calgar Send a message via AIM to calgar Send a message via MSN to calgar Send a message via Yahoo to calgar

wheres the start button?
Attached Thumbnails
Game Advisor.. (your game performance)-start.jpg  
Old 26th July, 2005, 11:24 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

Scan my system, Game Tracker...